The Official Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Thread

Daps
I would prefer batman to be the winner in their battle before they eventually team up to defeat a common enemy.:smugfavre:

Batman should have the crown officially as the king of DC universe. He's had the juice for at least 20 years now.:smugbiden:

Lefty Gunz

Superstar
Daps
New interview with a french magazine

CWeBjKlWsAErpqv.png

CWeBjZYWwAE2Yfy.png

CWeBjRxWcAAyf5J.png

CWeG2eLXAAA2Ph5.png

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
New Lex Luthor Interview

Bvs_Cover3_Keyart-289x390.jpg

You guys need to read this
Sponsor Content by Warner Bros. Entertainment, Inc.

The elevator doors open and I step into the opulent Royal Penthouse Suite at the Park Metropolis Downtown. Eleven lavish bedrooms, each with its own floor-to-ceiling Italian marble bath, a 100-seat cinema/lecture hall, a four-lane bowling alley (two standard American, one duckpin, one Belgian feather), twin helipads and its own private Caffè Bene. In other words: exactly what you’d expect for $95,000 a night.
Of course, no one’s actually staying here. This is just the space he’s rented for my fifteen-minutes-but-more-like-ten, no-holds-barred-except-several interview.
If I didn’t know better, I’d think billionaire tech wunderkind Lex Luthor was trying to intimidate me.
Ron Troupe: Nice digs.
Lex Luthor: We’re not doing that.
Ron Troupe: Doing what?
Lex Luthor: We’re not opening with a wide-eyed layman’s description of the hotel room that makes me look unrelatable just to set up a dramatic twist wherein, lo and behold, you discover I’m surprisingly down-to-earth because I know the score of the last Metros game.
Ron Troupe: Do you?
Lex Luthor: Metros 102, Guardsmen 86.
Ron Troupe: Weird. (it’s the correct “relatable” small talk, but coming out of him, it sounds less like a basketball score than a set of algebraic integers.)
Lex Luthor: Which is why we’re not doing it.
Ron Troupe: Would you say you’re a man who’s always gotten what he wants?
Lex Luthor: Nice pivot. Here’s mine: What I want is to leave the planet in better shape for the next generation. To make the world and its children safer. I want it. And I bet you do too, Ron.
Ron Troupe: You sound like someone running for political office.

Lex Luthor: If that matches their rhetoric, then maybe I should pay more attention to the candidates; I might want to back a few of them. The world is changing faster than we anticipated; we’ve all seen it. More than ever, we need leaders who not only comprehend the new threats facing us, but who will seriously and thoughtfully address them.
Ron Troupe: You’ve been very vocal about that. About the new superhuman threat.
Lex Luthor: Well I don’t know where you got that term. I think to be a super human, one should begin by being, you know, from this planet.
Ron Troupe: Bad choice of words?
Lex Luthor: We should all be careful when we elevate anyone, human or alien, to “super” status.
Ron Troupe: Because we’re all equal.
Lex Luthor: Well that’s just absurd. No – I’m saying we need to be selective and elevate the right people. The right human people.
Ron Troupe: And what are your thoughts on the Batman? He’s human. Presumably.
Lex Luthor: Well, he is. In fact, I’d say he’s all too human. Any objective analyst will tell you that his brand of justice, vigilantism, is painfully outmoded, designed to be effective in an age when the law carried billy clubs because crime carried knives. The most dangerous guy on the street worked in the shadows because he was cowardly and superstitious. That’s all you needed to play upon in order to disrupt their operations. You want to clean up the streets? Dress up like the boogeyman, switch on a fog machine and lower your voice.
Ron Troupe: When you put it that way, it sounds ridiculous.
Lex Luthor: It didn’t when the Batman first appeared, but that was a long time ago. This is a new world, Ron, and it’s time to get serious.

Lex Luthor: Look at it from the other side: today, there are more criminals than ever. If you’re a criminal, that means more competition. So if you’re going to survive in that economy, you have to be better; you have to edge out your rivals. Shouldn’t the same be true for those on the side of the law? If justice is going to survive in the new global paradigm, we have to get better, invest in new disruptive technologies, think outside Pandora’s Box. Who has the resources to do it? The government? No; the only thing holding that old purse together is a thick layer of impenetrable red tape. Vigilantes like the Batman? Not unless they have access to vast amounts of untold riches.

Ron Troupe: Like you.

Lex Luthor: I’m not a vigilante.
Oliver Queen officially exists in the DCEU! :ohhh:

Lexcorp_Chart4.jpg

Ohhhh shytt Olliee the gawd!!:wow:

Simon Stagg!!:gladbron: Metamorpho!!:damn:
Kord Industries :lawd:!!!
:krs:!!!!!!!!!!!!
iron-man-dance-o_zpscurbnrtd.gif

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
Did anyone catch the trailer with The Force Awakens?

Our shyt cut straight to the Lucasfilm logo :mjcry:

y que

Banned
Daps
this movie is gonna be trash.

too much cgi, revealed all the villains in the trailer, supes/batman are homies at the end of trailer which negates the whole superman v batman concept, ending of the trailer looks goofy as hell "i thought she was with you", doomday design is horrid, jesse eisenberg as lex is corny, the retro batman suit looks stupid if the whole movie is not retro.

don't even drop this just start over.

Daps
Reppin
Yeah
Studio Ciné Live: If you had to introduce your Batman to somebody who doesn’t know the character, how would you describe him?

Ben Affleck: Usually, the films show Batman starting off, or in the prime of his career. Here, you’re dealing with an older version, a guy at the end of his journey. He’ll find meaning in his own life during his conflict with Superman. He really thinks Superman is an existential menace, and he believes destroying him will be his legacy. We also play a bit more with the billionaire playboy side of the character. He lives that life at full tilt. He courts many women, owns many cars, and parties a lot. He does that as a way to fill the void in his soul. Moreover, past incarnations dealt with a straightforward search for justice. This time, Batman’s reasoning is clouded by frustration, bitterness and anger.

SCL: Have you analyzed Christian Bale’s version in order to distinguish yourself?

BA: I don’t want to compete with other incarnations, nor do I want to emulate them. Those versions belong in another universe. Christopher Nolan used his Batman to tell a finite story. My version is different, but remains faithful to the Batman mythology and all the themes associated with it. The other difference is that Nolan’s Batman isn’t part of a universe where other superheroes exist as well. Here – because we’re working towards the Justice League – there’s Superman, and it’s a world populated with super beings. This situation generates an altogether new reality.

SCL: How did you react when you first saw yourself in the Bat suit?

BA: When you’re reading the script, you’re wondering how you’re going to play Batman. Then you put on the suit, you look in the mirror and you tell yourself: “There, that’s it.” The suit does all the work for you. In fact, you’re not playing Batman, but Bruce Wayne. That’s when the character becomes complicated and interesting. Batman himself is already a strong emblematic figure. It would be a mistake to overplay him.

SCL: What do you think of the two suits you get to wear in the movie?

BA: I really like their design. They’re faithful to Frank Miller’s vision in The Dark Knight Returns comic. In fact the movie borrows a lot from that comic, as noted by our use of the massive and very symbolic battle armor. They’re pretty heavy and cumbersome in the end. The challenge was to create fight scenes where I could move with ease, which is tough. The suits have to look cool and be functional at the same time. One thing that couldn’t be done before but is finally possible now is to wear the suit without the arms. They put motion sensors on my arms to recreate the rest of the suit in post production. And that allowed me to move my arms freely without looking like a robot during fight scenes. I think it was the first time an actor could have all that flexibility and move his head in a Batsuit!

SCL: What was the biggest challenge for you personally on this film?

BA: That filming took so long – 140 days – and that everything was so compartmentalized, fragmented. It was tough to recall where a particular scene fit in the overall story, or to understand those moments that were stuck between SFX heavy shots which would be completed in post. I’m not used to that type of filmmaking, I can’t switch to cruise control, I have to restart the engine every time. For instance today I’ll only be filming shots of about ten seconds or so, which will then be edited to build an entire scene. I’m more used to shooting a whole scene in order to try different things. This time around it’s very technical, and you don’t really have much freedom amid all those visual effects.

SCL: Why is Luthor the right villain for this film?

BA: Between the character that was written by Chris Terrio and Jesse Eisenberg’s portrayal, it’s the meeting of two great minds, on the same wavelength. Luthor is, for me, the most interesting character in the film. He’s radically different from what we’ve seen so far. He’s grounded in reality, and he’s extraordinary. This type of film is only as good as its villain. That’s why The Dark Knight was so brilliant, because of Heath Ledger’s Joker. Jesse improves the film with each scene he’s in. He’s not your usual one-dimensional villain, there’s a whole psychology behind him.

SCL: Does Batman v Superman speak about the current world?

BA: I don’t think this film has any sort of lesson, but it’s more than just entertainment, it’s also trying to show that there are real consequences to violence. When a building collapses, people die, and those are lives lost forever. This film also shows that fear is the enemy of us all. Fear brings out the worst in us. When we fear powerful people because we think they might destroy us, we tend to use that to justify any decision we might be tempted to make. There are some parallels with preemptive strikes, and things like that. It allows us to analyze how we think about what we do, when facing a threat. That’s very relevant to what’s going on in the world right now. The film tackles pertinent themes.

SCL: in conclusion, in a fight between Superman and Batman, who wins?

BA: Well… When you see the film, you’ll realize it’s more complicated than that! There’s no real winner. I like the idea that Truth is the winner.

Henry Cavill

Studio Ciné Live: How has Superman evolved since Man of Steel?

Henry Cavill: Superman himself isn’t that different. He does however have to deal with a new set of problems because he’s now been revealed to the world. This film is more about how the world in general – and Batman in particular – sees this alien, and less about the evolution of Superman. We’re seeing Superman and Batman together for the first time in a movie, with flesh-and-blood actors. They’re two sides of the same coin. They have the same goal, but use very different methods to achieve it. Understandably, that leads them to clash with one another, and their conflict is a historic moment.

SCL: How do you plan to portray Clark Kent, the journalist?

HC: Comparisons with Christopher Reeve’s clumsy Clark Kent are inevitable. My Clark Kent is trying to be as small and invisible as possible. If you’re awkward and spilling things constantly, people are going to notice you, and that’s not the best way to go unseen. You have to admit, it’s not a remarkable disguise, just a pair of glasses. He’d like to think that no one will believe he could be Superman. How could such a delicate flower be a living god? Preposterous.

Superman’s suit will evolve from one film to the next, even if they’re just minor updates.

SCL: How is the one featured in Batman v Superman different?

HC: It’s easier to take it off when I have to relieve myself! Suddenly my life is much less complicated.

:noah:

Daps
Studio Ciné Live: If you had to introduce your Batman to somebody who doesn’t know the character, how would you describe him?

Ben Affleck: Usually, the films show Batman starting off, or in the prime of his career. Here, you’re dealing with an older version, a guy at the end of his journey. He’ll find meaning in his own life during his conflict with Superman. He really thinks Superman is an existential menace, and he believes destroying him will be his legacy. We also play a bit more with the billionaire playboy side of the character. He lives that life at full tilt. He courts many women, owns many cars, and parties a lot. He does that as a way to fill the void in his soul. Moreover, past incarnations dealt with a straightforward search for justice. This time, Batman’s reasoning is clouded by frustration, bitterness and anger.

SCL: Have you analyzed Christian Bale’s version in order to distinguish yourself?

BA: I don’t want to compete with other incarnations, nor do I want to emulate them. Those versions belong in another universe. Christopher Nolan used his Batman to tell a finite story. My version is different, but remains faithful to the Batman mythology and all the themes associated with it. The other difference is that Nolan’s Batman isn’t part of a universe where other superheroes exist as well. Here – because we’re working towards the Justice League – there’s Superman, and it’s a world populated with super beings. This situation generates an altogether new reality.

SCL: How did you react when you first saw yourself in the Bat suit?

BA: When you’re reading the script, you’re wondering how you’re going to play Batman. Then you put on the suit, you look in the mirror and you tell yourself: “There, that’s it.” The suit does all the work for you. In fact, you’re not playing Batman, but Bruce Wayne. That’s when the character becomes complicated and interesting. Batman himself is already a strong emblematic figure. It would be a mistake to overplay him.

SCL: What do you think of the two suits you get to wear in the movie?

BA: I really like their design. They’re faithful to Frank Miller’s vision in The Dark Knight Returns comic. In fact the movie borrows a lot from that comic, as noted by our use of the massive and very symbolic battle armor. They’re pretty heavy and cumbersome in the end. The challenge was to create fight scenes where I could move with ease, which is tough. The suits have to look cool and be functional at the same time. One thing that couldn’t be done before but is finally possible now is to wear the suit without the arms. They put motion sensors on my arms to recreate the rest of the suit in post production. And that allowed me to move my arms freely without looking like a robot during fight scenes. I think it was the first time an actor could have all that flexibility and move his head in a Batsuit!

SCL: What was the biggest challenge for you personally on this film?

BA: That filming took so long – 140 days – and that everything was so compartmentalized, fragmented. It was tough to recall where a particular scene fit in the overall story, or to understand those moments that were stuck between SFX heavy shots which would be completed in post. I’m not used to that type of filmmaking, I can’t switch to cruise control, I have to restart the engine every time. For instance today I’ll only be filming shots of about ten seconds or so, which will then be edited to build an entire scene. I’m more used to shooting a whole scene in order to try different things. This time around it’s very technical, and you don’t really have much freedom amid all those visual effects.

SCL: Why is Luthor the right villain for this film?

BA: Between the character that was written by Chris Terrio and Jesse Eisenberg’s portrayal, it’s the meeting of two great minds, on the same wavelength. Luthor is, for me, the most interesting character in the film. He’s radically different from what we’ve seen so far. He’s grounded in reality, and he’s extraordinary. This type of film is only as good as its villain. That’s why The Dark Knight was so brilliant, because of Heath Ledger’s Joker. Jesse improves the film with each scene he’s in. He’s not your usual one-dimensional villain, there’s a whole psychology behind him.

SCL: Does Batman v Superman speak about the current world?

BA: I don’t think this film has any sort of lesson, but it’s more than just entertainment, it’s also trying to show that there are real consequences to violence. When a building collapses, people die, and those are lives lost forever. This film also shows that fear is the enemy of us all. Fear brings out the worst in us. When we fear powerful people because we think they might destroy us, we tend to use that to justify any decision we might be tempted to make. There are some parallels with preemptive strikes, and things like that. It allows us to analyze how we think about what we do, when facing a threat. That’s very relevant to what’s going on in the world right now. The film tackles pertinent themes.

SCL: in conclusion, in a fight between Superman and Batman, who wins?

BA: Well… When you see the film, you’ll realize it’s more complicated than that! There’s no real winner. I like the idea that Truth is the winner.

Henry Cavill

Studio Ciné Live: How has Superman evolved since Man of Steel?

Henry Cavill: Superman himself isn’t that different. He does however have to deal with a new set of problems because he’s now been revealed to the world. This film is more about how the world in general – and Batman in particular – sees this alien, and less about the evolution of Superman. We’re seeing Superman and Batman together for the first time in a movie, with flesh-and-blood actors. They’re two sides of the same coin. They have the same goal, but use very different methods to achieve it. Understandably, that leads them to clash with one another, and their conflict is a historic moment.

SCL: How do you plan to portray Clark Kent, the journalist?

HC: Comparisons with Christopher Reeve’s clumsy Clark Kent are inevitable. My Clark Kent is trying to be as small and invisible as possible. If you’re awkward and spilling things constantly, people are going to notice you, and that’s not the best way to go unseen. You have to admit, it’s not a remarkable disguise, just a pair of glasses. He’d like to think that no one will believe he could be Superman. How could such a delicate flower be a living god? Preposterous.

Superman’s suit will evolve from one film to the next, even if they’re just minor updates.

SCL: How is the one featured in Batman v Superman different?

HC: It’s easier to take it off when I have to relieve myself! Suddenly my life is much less complicated.

:noah:

Iv'e been telling people that this Lex Luthor is playing a whole other game in the background. You can feel that the persona he's using when he's talking to Clark and Bruce is fake. I believe that he already knows who they are behind their masks there and "secret identities."

This part of the Interview I posted is particularly disturbing when you read between the lines

Lex Luthor: Nice pivot. Here’s mine: What I want is to leave the planet in better shape for the next generation. To make the world and its children safer. I want it. And I bet you do too, Ron.
Ron Troupe: You sound like someone running for political office.

Ron Troupe: You’ve been very vocal about that. About the new superhuman threat.
Lex Luthor: Well I don’t know where you got that term. I think to be a super human, one should begin by being, you know, from this planet.
Ron Troupe: Bad choice of words?
Lex Luthor: We should all be careful when we elevate anyone, human or alien, to “super” status.

Ron Troupe: Because we’re all equal.
Lex Luthor: Well that’s just absurd. No – I’m saying we need to be selective and elevate the right people. The right human people.

This version of Lex Luthor sees himself as the hero and "saviour of humanity". In Lex's mind he's doing the right thing. The most compelling villains are those who believe in their cause with all their heart. They are self-aware and tend to have a good PR.

Last edited:

smoove157

Never Ever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
:mjlol:@ Superman losing to Batman. I have a lot of love and respect for DC comics, but this is pure fukkery. Superman is ultimately too strong for Batman in a one-on-one match-up. :leostare: Too many dumb writers always come up with a script to marginalize Superman's supreme strength and speed to favor Batman. :scust:

also, if i remember, supes has caught a nuke to the chest and was on the road to recovery. then oliver came through with the assist to help bats, and it was all over at that point pretty much.

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
also, if i remember, supes has caught a nuke to the chest and was on the road to recovery. then oliver came through with the assist to help bats, and it was all over at that point pretty much.
Batman had hella things helping him iirc. The thing that put him on top was i believe Green Arrow shooting Supes with a kryptonite arrow.

Daps
Reppin
Yeah
Iv'e been telling people that this Lex Luthor is playing a whole other game in the background. You can feel that the persona he's using when he's talking to Clark and Bruce is fake. I believe that he already knows who they are behind the masks there "secret identities."

This part of the Interview I posted is particularly disturbing when you read between the lines

This version of Lex Luthor sees himself as the hero and "saviour of humanity". In Lex's mind he's doing the right thing. The most compelling villains are those who believe in their cause with all their heart. They are self-aware and tend to have a good PR.
I feel like he's going to steal the show.