The Official Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Thread

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
the arguments over the characterization of superman in MOS are atleast legit because this is the character that will be going into BVS

the film was polarizing. if you objectively want to look at the aggregation of reviews, i dont know why some are taking it as blasphemy that some didnt like it :francis:

and on the bold. if only others felt that way, instead of making the illogical leap that jokes = for kids :patrice:, claiming that the public has grown tired of the formula when the latest film made over a billion dollars, etc, but i digress...

it sounds like yall like this version of superman because of his circumstance rather than the actual character but :yeshrug: willing to agree to disagree. MOS superman didnt entertain or intrigue me

I like the actual character breh, not the circumstances but i also understand why you're like "meh" because superman, to a lot of people, regardless of the interpretation, is meh. We just had that whole thread about who's the market hero in the world and whether superman is meh or not so i hear you. I think he's a very hard character to crack and either way you go, some people are going to like it some aren't

pardon me i don't remember the movie all that well. i've only seen it once.

but if i recall correctly there was at least some witty banter between the 2 earlier in the movie. kind of sets up that tension.

again it was a really weak try, but at least they tried.

amy adams doesn't even strike me as a woman that likes to get down in MOS. and superman doesn't strike me as a guy that likes to either. that movie had NO sexual undertones whatsoever.

am i wrong?

Nah the banter was just because Star Lord is a whore lol and goes at anything..but yeah nothing came of it. Any time he was flirting with her it was just for game. Their chemistry to me was definitely more brother and sister than the other thing.

And yeah i disagree with you about amy and henry. I think they clicked but no i don't see them as two people who are about hitting the sheets but i also think that had to do with the situation and the tone and style of the movie. could be wrong though

Daps
Reppin
NYC
And yeah i disagree with you about amy and henry. I think they clicked but no i don't see them as two people who are about hitting the sheets but i also think that had to do with the situation and the tone and style of the movie. could be wrong though

you want a superman movie where superman isn't about hitting the sheets? :usure:

what is he hitting then?

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
the arguments over the characterization of superman in MOS are atleast legit because this is the character that will be going into BVS

the film was polarizing. if you objectively want to look at the aggregation of reviews, i dont know why some are taking it as blasphemy that some didnt like it :francis:

and on the bold. if only others felt that way, instead of making the illogical leap that jokes = for kids :patrice:, claiming that the public has grown tired of the formula when the latest film made over a billion dollars, etc, but i digress...

Yeah, so why are we still talking about it? Is it suppose to change the movie or something? I don't care if someone else didn't like it, if they didn't then they didn't but don't keep pounding us in the head about the movie's flaws like it's suppose to change my opinion on the movie. I enjoyed it and if you didn't then :manny: that's cool, i'm not gonna get mad and complain about it. It made enough money to get a sequel and open an universe so what can you do?

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
i mean thats fine and dandy, and i actually encourage directors taking on their own interpretation of the character. i hate it when dudes are like "but its not like the comics!"

cough raimi spiderman series vs amazing spiderman cough :mjpls: @MartyMcFly

and he didnt have to be cracking jokes or anything. the character just fell flat to me. i liked crowe. i liked zod and his goons. i liked the fights. i didnt like superman. and i want to like the movie and almost bought it a little while back
to go along with my entire Marvel collection :troll:
, i just cant get down with the interpretation. we'll see how it goes in BVS and based off the scraps they've given us there will be great action and probably some good dialogue from other characters but we'll see if superman gives us anything. off the strength of the stills and trailer i think batman is going to steal the show and superman is going to be playing the background, again

yes his circumstance in MOS may have made for a good set up, but i dont think the actual character delivered

edit: and yeah no problem man this is a messageboard i dont take none of this shyt serious. hence my welcoming the role of Marvel stan extraordinaire :salute: @Prodigal Syndicate crowned me and i carry it with pride :wow:
Once I crown someone thats who they are :wow:

After I started commenting that @TheGodling was clearly gay he was found to be sucking dikk for ultron and mad max tickets :wow:

Also, I have to comment on the raimi vs amazing comment. Its not me or @MartyMcFly were overtly giving raimis versions fans shyt for liking the film. It was just painfully obvious dudes knew nothing about the character and were criticizing amazing films for not being like raimis ie. Him cracking jokes, inventing his web shooters etc. Its the equivalent of trashing donners supes because they arent snyders. shyt is absurd.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Once I crown someone thats who they are :wow:

After I started commenting that @TheGodling was clearly gay he was found to be sucking dikk for ultron and mad max tickets :wow:

Also, I have to comment on the raimi vs amazing comment. Its not me or @MartyMcFly were overtly giving raimis versions fans shyt for liking the film. It was just painfully obvious dudes knew nothing about the character and were criticizing amazing films for not being like raimis ie. Him cracking jokes, inventing his web shooters etc. Its the equivalent of trashing donners supes because they arent snyders. shyt is absurd.

Exactly. If you like those Rami flicks, cool, but don't sit here and tell me THAT's spider-man and then when amazing does stuff that IS spider-man, you throw shots at it..that shyt is odd to me. Again @wire28 the shyt was to the point where cats said spider-man was too snarky and actually questioned why he was cracking jokes during a fight..Not you but someone else and that's when it hit me :dwillhuh:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
@MartyMcFly

i'm genuinely curious, what would you have preferred? a gay superman or a superman that just doesn't like to fukk.

Homie..i don't even want to answer this question :deadrose: If superman is in love with some chick (Lois, Lana, some new chick) then whatever cool, but when I think about superman, what he does in bed and whom he does it with isn't the first thing that comes to mind

Daps
Reppin
NYC
:wtf:

Why the fukk would you be geniunely curious about that?

:mindblown:
because just a moment ago he said he doesn't care what superman does in his spare time.

personally i would like to think that when superman isn't working at the planet or saving the world he's out bangin bytches wouldn't you?