The Official "Avengers: Infinity War" Thread (SPOILERS)

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Saw it again yesterday..

WIll probably go see it one more time.

But.....after letting the initial shock pass me...

:francis: This movie has a LOT of plot holes.

I have to tip my had to Marvel on this though. They were able to pull off having that many characters in one movie and was able to pull it off.

This should've been a 3 1/2 movie, but would've dragged on and been draining so I get why a lot was cut.

The Gamora/Thanos backstory could've been addressed in Guardians 2. I felt as though the action carried the movie, and the dull moments dragged a little.

The movie was balanced just right for what they were trying to accomplish.

As for the plot holes... I don't want to harp too much, but I will say that... It's seemed as though everyone made sure Thanos got the stones. Too many people were doing a bunch of fukk shyt and making bad decisions when ensured he would win.

QU Hectic

Superstar
Daps
Did y'all brehs make it?:damn:

Did Thanos kill you?

UmyGvz1.png

I'm gone brehs:mjcry::mjcry:
#TeamSpared :blessed:

Benefited

Banned
Daps
Na it happen..... it just was cut differently in the trailer.

I thought the same

But when I went back to watch a second time..... it’s in there but it’s quick. Lol

i dont remember that Spiderman seen where he's swinging through debris though:wow:

Movie is the best comic book film after the DC Batman Films.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:manny: There are plenty of villains who's plans make sense. Killmonger's plan, for as misguided as it was, made perfect sense from a military point of view. Activate your sleeper cells, arm the rebels (i.e. black people) with superior weaponry, establish YOUR figure heads...boom Planet Wakanda. Literally Earth's armies would have stood no chances outside of prolly nuking Wakanda...which I'm sure Shuri would have thought of and some contingency would have already been in place even in her absence.

I don't think it woulda been that far fetched to have Thanos have a more benevolent purpose and not just twisted raw mathematics. But again, I understand the choice from a dramatic/film perspective. A person with the fully powered Gauntlet is literally only hindered by their own imagination...he literally could have created a mental balance in all sentient beings in the universe because of the Mind + Power Stones. "Everyone is equal and you will not over use your resources...*SNAP*."

:manny:

:patrice:

I don't know about all that breh. You're talking about altering the consciousness of every living thing in the universe. "Everyone is equal" sounds awesome but if everyone considers each other equal then they don't have free will.

I'm not saying it's "wipe out half the universe or nothing" but there's nothing to indicate the Infinity Gauntlet can be used for such a specific purpose. Just like earlier in the thread, someone said "why can't Thanos just use the Reality Stone to make endless food and resources"....that's not how the Reality Stone works, either. You gotta be able to visualize every minute detail of whatever you're creating....only people with genius level intelligence can really make use of it. Which makes what Thanos did on Knowhere all the more impressive.

Anyway I'm kinda rambling but my point is, you couldn't create endless food from the Reality Stone. It would take an endless amount of time to think about.

Fred.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
So can anyone lift Stormbreaker?

No. Thor literally said that it'd drive the GOTG and essentially regular human types mad and kill them for trying to use it or any such made weapon of the Gods. Also, on Agents of Shield, they touched on such types of weaponry doing things like this on a lighter scale.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Went for a second time and was a kinda :ohhh: at the Starlord scene were he fukks everything up when he learns Thanos killed Gamora. Stark goes :damn: trying to reason with him because they are so close to get the gauntlet, but it was a very similar situation from Civil War when Tony learns Bucky killed his parents and Stark just goes "doesn't matter...he killed my mom". In Quill's case, Thanos killed the only person he loved that was left in the world, he just couldn't help himself just like Tony :wow:

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
No. Thor literally said that it'd drive the GOTG and essentially regular human types mad and kill them for trying to use it or any such made weapon of the Gods. Also, on Agents of Shield, they touched on such types of weaponry doing things like this on a lighter scale.

What did they say on Agents of Shield?

I was just thinking if it had some same properties as Mjolnir where a human just couldn't lift it. Not the going insane part

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Went for a second time and was a kinda :ohhh: at the Starlord scene were he fukks everything up when he learns Thanos killed Gamora. Stark goes :damn: trying to reason with him because they are so close to get the gauntlet, but it was a very similar situation from Civil War when Tony learns Bucky killed his parents and Stark just goes "doesn't matter...he killed my mom". In Quill's case, Thanos killed the only person he loved that was left in the world, he just couldn't help himself just like Tony :wow:

The MCU utilizes great call backs, parallels, foreshadowing, etc IMO.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
What did they say on Agents of Shield?

I was just thinking if it had some same properties as Mjolnir where a human just couldn't lift it. Not the going insane part

It all depends on the weapon in question. Not every weapon is made equal, but pretty much are usually not capable by normal means, for sure. Some are enchanted and some are just made with materials that are dangerous for "lower-life forms".

On AOS, seasons ago, like season 1 or 2, they had some weapons, I think were directly from Asgard as well, that was driving humans into berserker rages until death if they held them.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Didn't even think about this. :wow:

I need to go see this again. I seen it at the first showing opening day....which was a great experience, I encourage everyone to do that at least once for a big movie....but I need to go at like 11 am on a Monday or some shyt to really soak in the movie.

Fred.