The Official "Avengers: Infinity War" Thread (SPOILERS)

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I need some non-spoiler impressions :feedme:

right...

honest impressions...not fan boy ish...

i go at 1015 in the morning

Caught the 7 pm showing last night. Here's a spoiler free review:

THE BAD:

1. Too much humor. If you break down who is actually cracking jokes....most of the characters aren't. But the movie heavily revolves around the Guardians Of The Galaxy and Thor, who are both comic relief in the MCU. Most of the other humor comes from characters who clearly don't like each other (like Stark/Dr. Strange) and/or how odd some of the pairings are. Can't really get into that without spoilers. That stuff is fine, though.

2. A major plot point is established in this movie....but it refers to a conversation that took place in the past, which we never seen. You'll understand what I mean when you see it. Normally this wouldn't be a problem but these movies all connect so it's kinda :what: that they didn't have the foresight to actually put the conversation in a previous movie. It just comes out of left field.

3. Really weird distribution of character focus. I'd say the characters with the least screen time are Cap and Black Panther. BP I can understand since this movie was done before his movie came out....but Cap is a fan favorite and he's not given much to do here. Ironman shines, and so do new comers like Dr. Strange and Spider-Man. And (for better or worse) Guardians Of The Galaxy and Thor get a ton of screen time.

THE GOOD:

1. Listen....fukk everything I said above. Go see it for Thanos. I know I said the movie mostly focuses on Guardians Of The Galaxy and Thor....this is Thanos movie. He has the most screen time.

He is a GOAT level villain. Actually, to say he's a villain simplifies the character because his motivations and logic 100% make sense. Aside from wanting to erase half the universe you get the vibe that he might be cool to hang out with. He actually shows compassion and sorrow....there's a scene where I actually felt :mjcry:for Thanos. He isn't evil for fun, he takes no joy in what he does. He feels like he has a duty and he's going to do everything in his power to fulfill that duty.

And he has considerable power. He's a fukking threat. He doesn't crack jokes....he doesn't yell shyt like Apocalypse in that last X-Men movie....he speaks calmly, even politely. He'll tell you he respects you right before he kills you.

2. I know I focused on how funny the movie tries to be, and how that's a negative....listen man, I can almost give them a pass for that because the last 15 minutes are dark as fukk. Like, seriously dark. The theater went quiet as fukk and even afterwards there was very little chatter leaving the theater. Which is unheard of for a summer blockbuster.

Anyway, that's my spoiler free review. Peep this ASAP. I'm going again in a couple days because it's a lot of movie to digest.

Fred.

CHERUB

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Just dawned on me that Stark & Mantis are stuck on planet titan... (better start populating brehh :shaq: ) i wanna know how they escape now in Avengers 4 lol

Well seeing as Stark is illumunati theres always a way out for him. Dr Strange too i aint forgot about Planet Hulk.