The Official "Avengers: Infinity War" Thread (SPOILERS)

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Easily, by far, my favorite Marvel comic book movie revolving around this series.

I say that because it felt like a comic book, in movie form. A lot of the movies sometimes feel REALLY dumbed down to appeal to the masses (and nothing is wrong with that, as they are still very enjoyable movies.)

but mafukkas was FINALLY, a decade later, getting bodied in this movie

few things

1) I was fully expecting cap to die, especially after thanos punched him. Him getting up with barely a scratch just brought me back to the :martin: feeling I get from previous MCU movies where people go through crazy shyt and have little scratches

2) Vision a bytch :mjlol: what a weak ass hero :mjlol: I dont know why I kept expecting him to handle shyt :mjlol: I felt nothing when he died :mjlol:

3) when black panther arrived and captain america arrived those were by the far the biggest cheers, when black panther died even more so than spider man, people was legit crying in the movie theatre :wow: seemed like only the little kids gasped when tony stark got stabbed even though I was :leon: they really boutta end iron man already :leon:

4) hulk went out like a bytch as well and that was the WORST CGI I can recall EVER during that last scene with them. I kept waiting for hulk to finally pop out the hulk buster - and maybe I missed it, but where did the hulk buster even come from :dwillhuh: Thanos is strong but Hulk (to my knowledge which ill admit isnt A1 on the subject) is still physically one of (and arguably) the strongest comic book character (from what I remember reading was his physically strength was endless, the madder he got, etc.). Thanos destroyed him within a few punches :martin:

5) Thor :wow: the Thor we waited 10 years to see :wow: finally acting like a fukkin god :martin: hes one of the examples you could use for my reasoning up top of why previous movies were enjoyable but also very dumbed down. Probably the biggest high light of the movie to me besides the Thanos character. Thor finally being written correct. I just fear that in the next movie they make him look weak again because his "big moment" has now passed already

6) Dr Strange :myman: only down fall I had here was I wish he didnt spoil that Avengers end up winning. I mean we knew they win some how, but hearing him saying he saw how they win :martin:

7) can someone explain to me why Thanos saw young Gamora when Thor put that axe in his chest :myman: was that the soulstone or the timestone at work here?? Was it the soulstone and Thor really did almost kill him and he was seeing flashbacks in the after life? Or was it the timestone to help save him while he traveled to wherever he was traveling to? Im so confused on this scene

8) GOTG cast is GOAT :wow: Drax is funny as shyt, had the entire theater laughing :laff: again, someone help me out here, but isnt Starlord a cosmic (which is the most powerful beings in the comics?), why cant he just transform and kill Thanos or even when they had thanos tied up dude coulda put a cosmic beam through thanos head or cut his arm off or something, anything.. dude started pistol whipping him like a scene out of the wire :dead: probably the biggest :martin: moment for me during the whole movie

overall: 10/10 :myman: a few corny moments (the starlord pistol whipping, 100% of the vision scenes were :trash: ) but I thoroughly enjoyed it and thats how *I* personally rate movies. Didnt feel bored once. Again, to me personally, the first real comic book movie out of this series so far. People actually felt powerful (except bytch ass vision :mjlol: )

I am guessing you saw GOTG2? Ego explains that Peter would be normal if he destroyed him ( the planet). For all intents and purposes Peter is human and only half cosmic in heritage only as opposed to genetically as that part has been cut off.

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, that was her.

“Valkyrie escaped from Sakaar and assisted Thor to defeat Hela, witnessing the destruction of Asgard as a result before she then joined all of the remaining survivors traveling towards Earth, only for the Statesmanto be attacked by the Black Order. Her body, still bedecked in her reclaimed Valkyrie armour, could be seen among the bodies near Heimdall, suggesting she went down fighting.

Valkyrie

Disgusting, along with the Heimdall death.

Lex Luthor

Philanthropist
Daps
Reppin
Metropolis
3dYmlnT.gif

Not bad.

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
I came to the realization that they “dumbed downed” the movie a little bit when compared to the comic version. I can see why some people are disappointed but there was just no way to properly make a complete, unedited version of the Infinity Gauntlet on screen. Just too much and too heavy for it to make sense for the average viewer. Not to mention the kids that are watching as well.

ePiffany

All Star
Daps
Dr Strange - TRILL :myman: nikka showed up just about everybody in that shyt.

When he pulled the Dragon Ball Z multiform :whew::banderas:

The fight scene on Titan against Thanos may have been the best action scene in all of Marvel films. Final battle in Wakanda felt formulaic and neutered by comparison. Seemed more like a setup for the deaths.

Was disappointed that T'Challa was in the cut more than up front. For some reason I feel there's a 4 hour cut of this movie that'll be released. Fingers crossed.

Nice to see Thor at full strength finally. Groots broken arm as the handle to the
ax / hammer was comic book bliss

As far as the deaths I figured that would be the cliffhanger but when Bucky dropped 1st I was like......WTF:lupe: The theater was completely silent by the time two thirds of them nikkas KO'd.

8 / 10. Enjoyment level 12 / 10

Last edited:

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
9.5/10.......Thanos is the GOAT of GOATs. Im honestly still soaking it in and i watched it mad hours ago. shyt was amazing brehs. The deaths :wow: i might have to see it 3 more times lowkey :ohlawd:

I see the usual suspects complaining about the comedy :pachaha: god u niccas are repugnant. Stop watching the fukking movies and go buy a snyder box set and watch those over and over again so u get all the darkness and angst u can stand. Marvel will ALWAYS make the guardians, spidey, and tony funny (since those were the ones cracking the jokes)....there really wasnt that many jokes to me either. Im not one of u gloomy niccas tho so its whatever to me.

EDIT: weird that some of yall actually thought tchalla would be more of a prominent figure even tho his first movie literally came out months ago :heh: come on brehs :comeon:

ShaneTheRogue

Roguelike
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tennessee
Mfs that started off the mcu with Black Panther gonna be hot. :dead:

When the credits popped up this breh in very back of the theatre yelled "Hell naw.. hell naw!:damn:"

I liked how powerful most the characters looked in this. Thor and Iron Man were ill and Star-Lord was :leon: Dr. Strange was cool too. T'Challa seemed underpowered tho. :shaq2:

Like someone said earlier the fight seen on titan was :banderas:

The humor didn't bother me. This was imo one of the more genuinely funny marvel films. And the jokes didn't take away from the ending. If anything it added to it as the levity made me feel like the movie was gonna end with a happy ending. So I was pleasantly swerved.

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
Btw, since they did do an end credits scene, I was BEGGING for them to go full blown nerdgasm and have Fury end up trying to contact Professor X or any sort of X tie-in. Shyt would have been the greatest cinematic scene in movie history :wow:.

Bro...if Fury's pager had the X symbol instead.....:banderas::banderas:

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
I was thinking of s scene that would have been dope.

Have Cap and Black Panther double team Thanos like how he and Bucky did Iron man in Civil War. Instead of dominating both warriors stand tall, This could have been the scene where Cap shield is broken(I still believe we will get that in this cinematic universe as it’s an iconic scene). Have Thanos have T,Challa suit ripped his arm broken and but men battered and bruised and Thanos stil wins and snaps his fingers. Then a bloody and broken T,Challa gets up and stares at a burned and wrecked Wakanda, the score kicks in and his almost on the verge of tears as he looks down and sees Wakandans dead all around him. Then you have Shuri running towards him “brother something is wrong I am scare.........then have Shuri start fading to dust. T,Challa with his broken body limps towards her unable to run but forces his body and just as he reaches her she holds her hands out and it just turns to dust. T,Challa falls to the ground silent as people around him turn to dust:wow:i didn’t cry during this movie but that scene would have had a nikka looking for tissues.:mjcry:

bnm8907

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:patrice:Did I miss something what happened to all of the tech from Wakanda? The jets, Guns,Big rhinos, ect. They didnt use any of it. They definitely didnt feel like the most technically advanced civilization when it came to defending their homeland from destruction. I have to assume they destroyed everything from the Killmonger battle?

How long was this from the events of BP movie?

Because if that's all they had to defend home then I dont know what Killmonger was thinking he was going to do with the whole "sun will never set on the Wakandan empire".

Last edited:

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
@Kaydigi

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR'S SURPRISE RETURNING CHARACTER WAS RECAST

The villainous Red Skull -- whose fate has been unclear since he disappeared in a Tesseract-induced glow at the end of 2011’s Captain America: The First Avenger -- makes a surprise return appearance in Avengers: Infinity War. But that’s not original actor Hugo Weaving playing the character this time around.

The Walking Dead’s Ross Marquand succeeds Weaving in the role of the Hydra leader-turned-Soul Stone keeper on the planet Vormir. In addition to playing“Aaron” on AMC’s hit zombie TV series, Marquand is also a master of celebrity impressions (as seen here and here). Marquand certainly captures enough of Weaving’s voice and delivery in Infinity War to make this new version of Red Skull tough to differentiate from the original.

(It should also be noted that screenwriters Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely penned both The First Avenger and Infinity War so if anyone could figure out a way to have brought in Red Skull, it was them.)

While no official reason has been given for recasting Red Skull, Hugo Weaving publicly criticized his Marvel movie work as well as his turns as the voice of Megatron in the Transformers movies during several interviews in 2012. (The voice of Megatron was subsequently recast with Frank Welker, the actor who voiced the Decepticon in the Transformers animated series, for Transformers: Age of Extinction and Transformers: The Last Knight.)

When asked in 2012 about possibly reprising his role as Red Skull, Weaving said: “I think the tendency, with those films, would be to probably not bring a villain back. They might for The Avengers, but I didn’t think I’d be in Captain America 2 or 3. I don’t think Red Skull will be there. And it’s not something I would want to do again. I’m glad I did it. I did sign up for a number of pictures and I suppose, contractually, I would be obliged to, if they forced me to, but they wouldn’t want to force someone to do it, if they didn’t want to."

"I think I’ve done my dash with that sort of film. It was good to do it and try it out, but to be honest, it’s not the sort of film I seek out and really am excited by. As an actor, to do all sorts of different films is great. It stretches you in different ways. But, I increasingly like to go back to what I used to always do, which is to get involved with projects that I really have a personal affiliation with."

Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige has been asked about Red Skull’s fate and possible return in the years since Captain America: The First Avenger, telling IGN back in 2014 that "the way we showed his 'demise' in The First Avenger was to showcase to people that he could perhaps pop up again sometime. … I honestly don't know when or where that would be."

There’s no word yet on whether Red Skull (and Ross Marquand) will also return for 2019’s Avengers 4.