The Official "Avengers: Infinity War" Thread (SPOILERS)

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I liked the movie but I had a few gripes

- I wish they would’ve showed how he got his first stone.. they kinda just brushed it off
- Thanos whooped Hulk’s ass in few seconds with 1 stone but struggled holdin off Cap with 5 stones
- they didn’t show the Asgard battle.. I waited all these months just to see the aftermath.... I wish I saw a visual of Thor, etc taking that L
- how is that no matter how many times the other stones switch locations, they could always be found besides the soul stone?

I wish I saw more on screen interactions.. I liked what we got but I’d love to have seen BP/Thor, Spidey/Groot, Hulk/Groot, Spidey/Hulk, Iron Man/Groot, Strange/BP

In A4 to really have an impact, Cap or IM have to indefinitely bite the dust

The Red Skull cameo was a great surprise

With the Cap Marvel revelation and knowing her movie is set in the 90s with Skrulls, my next question is what if some of the ppl that wiped away were really Skrulls in disguise

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
Did I miss it or was Spider-Man swinging through the debris in the trailer not in the film? I know he was swinging catching Drax and Mantis but I might be tripping.

The actual disappearing credits scene was dope as hell also..

Code

Banned
Daps
Did I miss it or was Spider-Man swinging through the debris in the trailer not in the film? I know he was swinging catching Drax and Mantis but I might be tripping.

The actual disappearing credits scene was dope as hell also..

It was in the film

Daps
Reppin
Denver
i mean all our favorites get their chains snatched damn near the entire movie, thanos got his foot on the viewers necks the whole time. :wow:
You know what I take that back. The only noise made was booing when it said “Thanos will return”

People lookin at Thanos like he killed a family member.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
i feel like i just got jumped :francis:

Thanos literally slumping the audience brehs :mjcry:
tumblr_p7tz7wzcrE1u5itlto1_500.jpg

:russ:

‘Avengers: Infinity War’ Invades Thursday With Potential $45M – Early B.O. Read

And so summer begins early in late April. We have very early industry estimates showing Disney/Marvel’s Avengers: Infinity War at $45M for Thursday night, and west coast showtimes have yet to kick in. Should that projection maintain into the night, it would easily be the best Marvel preview ever, stepping over Avengers: Age of Ultron ($27.6M) and the second best ever tying with Star Wars: The Last Jedi ($45M) and filing behind Star Wars: The Force Awakens first night ($57M).

These forecasts do not come from Disney, rather Deadline sources, so if you see another publication reporting this number — they got it from us. We could see higher figures, and we could see lower by AM — some think it could go as low as $36M-$38M, and that’s still a Marvel preview night record. Nonetheless, Infinity War is another hit for the Teflon Marvel.

Why is this Avengers so big? Without spoiling anything — there’s a lot that goes down that impacts the Marvel Cinematic Universe and has fans left with their jaws open. This sequel from filmmakers Anthony and Joe Russo, they cannot miss. This is beyond a bloody fight between Iron Man and Captain America as we saw in Civil War.

Previews started at 7PM, however, some theater chains like AMC are holding fan events to see the pic early starting at 6PM with tchotchke handouts. Avengers: Infinity War opens tomorrow in 4,474 theaters — the widest release for a Disney title ever and the second-widest ever after Universal/Illumination Entertainment’s Despicable Me 3 at 4,529.

Among big Marvel previews, Age of Ultron‘s Thursday repped close to 33% of its $84.4M opening day before seeing a $191.2M opening, while Black Panther with a $25.2M preview night also repped 33% of its $75.9M first day which yielded a $202M three-day weekend. Going further, Last Jedi‘s $45M translated to an amazing 43% of its $104.6M first Friday and a $220M opening weekend.

In its first day abroad, Infinity War made $39M.

More updates to come.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
I see a lot of people are judging this movie on its own merit and as a complete movie and I blame the Russo’s. When you announce a movie that is clearly a two parter as one movie people are going to grade it as such despite it being an incomplete story. It’s clear Avengers 4 is the second half of this hence the complete story, this movie rating might go up or down for some based on how the second half is told.

Grand Eeezus Maxwell

"Time is when, God....lounge!!"
Daps
Reppin
Triple Six Mile
Oh, am I bugging, or did I see Valkyrie's body at the beginning of the flick as one of the Asgardian dead?

Talk about Grand Opening, Grand Closing, lol.

Yeah, that was her.

“Valkyrie escaped from Sakaar and assisted Thor to defeat Hela, witnessing the destruction of Asgard as a result before she then joined all of the remaining survivors traveling towards Earth, only for the Statesmanto be attacked by the Black Order. Her body, still bedecked in her reclaimed Valkyrie armour, could be seen among the bodies near Heimdall, suggesting she went down fighting.

Valkyrie

CarbonBraddock

You will be trolled
Daps
just got back from this, shyt was all the way off the chain. major gripes were that it was kind of slow at parts, with exposition or dialogue where they were trying to be funny. also, does thanos not have the power to create or transform matter with the gauntlet? if so, why can he not just make more food or more planets or whatever? also, there were a few times when things happened that were not logical because they needed to occur for the story. examples would be how they didn't just kill vision, how starlord went crazy when they almost had the gauntlet, how gamora didn't know what thanos was going to do as soon as agent smith said he had to sacrifice someone.

now for the good. the action was incredible. thor's part at the dying star was incredible. thanos was incredible and is the number 1 villain for marvel for me, though his motivation sucked. gamora's death was incredible along with that entire scene. seeing all those characters that were introduced over 10 years was really something special and the ending was out of this world. the entire part of the film from about the start of the wakanda battle to the end was mind-blowing, almost worth the price of admission alone. some of the jokes were very well done or the dialogue in general with the banter. also liked how they gave pretty much everyone their own moment to shine, except for the asian lover of doctor strange. shyt was well worth the money and has easily surpassed black panther as number 1 for me.

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
on a positive note, they are finally doing a good job at showing Thor is the big dog in that team. on a negative note, T'challa was somewhat of a passenger

the changes in tone were a bit jarring at times, i'm not necessarily using the cliched criticism of marvel humor, i enjoy it, the humoristic character interactions are a core recipe of this universe, however, with annihilation impeding, it was weird to be switching back and fro about "we gonna die. its the end of the world" "yeah i hope they have sandwiches in heaven" type lines. I think i would have preferred if the movie was much darker to reflect the impeding threat that is Thanos

overall i had a good time, but we need that part 2 asap:feedme:

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
he already did that in avengers 1 tho, the whole movie was cap saying he's selfish and wouldn't lay down for anyone else, then goes into space and almost dies not making it back thru portal

RDJ isn’t going on to Phase 4 they have to get rid of him and that movie is their last opportunity to do so, trust me Tony is going to be one of the ones that go. Remember what Strange said in the movie, I am paraphrasing here but it was something along the lines of “I won’t save you or the kid the time stone is more important and the fate of the universe hangs in the balanace”. Notice the change of heart after he viewing multiple outcomes? He didn’t change his mind because they bonded or became friends Strange appears to practical for that it’s because Tony is intergral to defeating Thanos.