The Official "Avengers: Infinity War" Thread (SPOILERS)

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
It was a fake. Remember it got smashed in Thor 3. I remember reading years ago how they just kinda three it in the first Thor movie as a cool little easter egg with no connections (sorta like Cap's shield in the first Iron Man), but once they got further along in the storyline, they had to retcon things in the earlier films.

even if it was fake, it would have a story to it.. hes seen it before (unless they are just blatantly ignoring hes ever seen it) and knows what it is. But in this movie he acts as if never seen it before (down to the design... hes literally asking the giant dwarf about the design and reason for the gauntlet)

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
Now that we all see that shot with Hulk wasn't in this movie, is it safe to say it may be part of the next one, and part of the next one will be going back to revisit specific points like that fight? just speculating...

I’m wondering just how much bonus footage will be released for the DVD version of the movie? Will it be extra scenes that will make this even more compelling. I’m looking forward to some news on the home release.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I get it, but besides your criticism about the unevenness of the film, you’re just complaining based on preconceived notions and expectations. You can’t evaluate a movie looking at what it might have been, you can only evaluate what you got and the movie itself was solid af, with some structural/writing problems here and there but that honestly gets a pass from me considering the scale and number of characters
I don’t agree.

This film was built to for 10 years,18+ films.

This is the culmination event. But again, I’m not going to jump out a window condemning it because this is half the story. So,the more I sit with the more I think I just can’t give any strong opinions one way or the other.

I’ll just say,this was another misleading marketing campaign of which they’ve done repeatedly and leave it at that. :yeshrug:

I strongly believe this film should have stayed called part 1 and the only reason they changed it was to mislead people for more money.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
They OD'd on the comedy a little too much but still a very :whoo: movie. Thanos didn't give me the most evil vibe either.... dare I say they made him too compassionate?
Oh wow, I would have agreed with you if it wasn't for him and Gamora's scene at Vormir. That shyt had me question what had just happened.

Oh, and can I just say: WELCOME BACK RED SKULL :banderas:

Daps
Reppin
NY
The comedy/jokes were a little overbearing at times. Overall I liked the movie. Strange is a good character/his role was excellent in this movie IMO. Also think they cut out decent chunks to fit this into a 2.5 hour movie. IMO it could’ve been 4 hours and fit more details in better to be honest, but that’s unprecedented as fukk

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Just left the theater, first impression/hot take reaction:

I thought the first half of the movie was brilliant 10/10. The fighting and the deaths and the interactions, the sequencing, and ol buddy from Thanos clique with the telekinesis powers. Epic. Thor and GotG: comedic gold.

I thought the 2nd half faltered a bit with the weight of juggling so many characters... including a rush job with killing off thanos's liuetnants. Also I thought Thanos was somewhat inconsistent with his power level, and some conveniences that kept him from killing characters he probably should've effortless done, esp towards the end.

And of course, you could tell they were very "conservative" with the BP cast. Didn't give them much to do or interact with. I give that 2nd half of the film a 6/10.

Overall, without giving time to process everything, it's a 8/10 flick for me. The ending was interesting.

Thanos power was definitely inconsistent considering the stones he had

Daps
Cats are forgetting that War Machine wasn't part of the OG crew and he survived. And speaking of Rhodes, WTF :dahell:

I was expecting his story in this to be they take him to Wakanda and Shuri heals him up so he can help in the finale. Instead, this negro is walking around the whole movie with them fake legs or pants or whatever from Civil War like nothing happened. That means the only real consequence from Civil War was T'Chaka, cuz even Bucky gets a new arm.