The Official "Avengers: Infinity War" Thread (SPOILERS)

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Probably comes down to the x-men, bc even tho a MCU F4 might get the hard core geeks excited, we're at a point where mainstream audiences aren't really checking for these vanilla white superhero movies in bulk. Likely why Marvel did preemptive strikes with race-bending Spidey's supporting cast and Valykrie in Thor [and Idris], to avoid that stigma and show inclusion.

Miles but more so Kamala [women of color are arguably the most neglected demo in superheroes, when it comes to actual being superheroes] has an untapped potential because she's essentially the MCU's version of Pixar's Coco waiting to happen, but with a Muslim family. A big family movie about culture, with laughs and cameos from other marvel superheroes.

FF was the foundation for marvel comics, the property has been handled poorly tbh, although their most important appeal is for their associated characters/worlds; its still a desirable IP; add in the X-Men/Mutants, and there is no reason to rush Kamala or Miles into the MCU for one big reason. Money; If Disney is spending 50+ for Fox best believe their going to be at the forefront of the MCU simply because you don't spend that kinda money for those IPs to sit on the Shelf.

Regarding diversity, you just made the point, with now Okoye, Shuri, BW, Valykrie, Wasp, and Captain Marvel (and if the rumor is true Monica Rambeau as well??) the MCU's WW, they'll have their female slate bulked up and if you add in mutants as well there's not going to be as much pressure on that end anymore.

Miles isn't going to happen for a while since their def going to get all they can from PP, so unless their is some multiverse fukkery (and I doubt they just do that for a one shot), MM is going to be a wait.

Kamala is strange. I personally rather see a Kamala movie than a Carol Danvers, but you really can't rush her in. She's a big CM stan, and is also a inhuman, which seems like the MCU has thrown in the bushes. So you'll have to re-do her origin somewhat if they're not going to introduce them.

This leaves America Chavez. I think she might be the best bet to introduce since her origin story is kinda weird and you'll have more free reign with her and she hits the superhero box that hasn't be pushed (latina).But :yeshrug:

TLDR; Disney paying way too much money get fox properties for the MCU to prioritize MM, KK, and AC at this time.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
FF was the foundation for marvel comics, the property has been handled poorly tbh, although their most important appeal is for their associated characters/worlds; its still a desirable IP; add in the X-Men/Mutants, and there is no reason to rush Kamala or Miles into the MCU for one big reason. Money; If Disney is spending 50+ for Fox best believe their going to be at the forefront of the MCU simply because you don't spend that kinda money for those IPs to sit on the Shelf.

Regarding diversity, you just made the point, with now Okoye, Shuri, BW, Valykrie, Wasp, and Captain Marvel (and if the rumor is true Monica Rambeau as well??) the MCU's WW, they'll have their female slate bulked up and if you add in mutants as well there's not going to be as much pressure on that end anymore.

Miles isn't going to happen for a while since their def going to get all they can from PP, so unless their is some multiverse fukkery (and I doubt they just do that for a one shot), MM is going to be a wait.

Kamala is strange. I personally rather see a Kamala movie than a Carol Danvers, but you really can't rush her in. She's a big CM stan, and is also a inhuman, which seems like the MCU has thrown in the bushes. So you'll have to re-do her origin somewhat if they're not going to introduce them.

This leaves America Chavez. I think she might be the best bet to introduce since her origin story is kinda weird and you'll have more free reign with her and she hits the superhero box that hasn't be pushed (latina).But :yeshrug:

TLDR; Disney paying way too much money get fox properties for the MCU to prioritize MM, KK, and AC at this time.
In truth, money is the reason i brought up Kamala lol, more so than Miles. Because even with Black Panther, none of those black/brown females are the franchise lead, so there's still that void. And obviously black and brown women didn't/don't give the same kind of crap about wonder woman, captain marvel, black widow, Sue Richards or any of the white female superheroes as representation; which is why there was such an emotional response to BP's females, that Diana Prince was never going to get. And why many black/brown folks stayed home for Dr. Strange, Ant-Man, the first two Thor movies, any F4 movie past or future imo [unless some black/brown faces were added], but showed up in droves for BP.

Even before BP arrived, I always said 2 things: 1) Monica Rambeau is money waiting to be printed bc of the void she'd fill. 2) Marvel messed up by retconning America Chavez into being lgbt instead of focusing on her being their latina hipster version of Supergirl. aka having her join a PR, mexican or dominican family, and instead of "krypton", it would be a revamped/better version of her weird origin story not tied to wiccan. It'd be money waiting to be printed off the latino/latina community

Now with the Fox merger, and why i mentioned it comes down to the X-men, Monica is moot because they'll have Storm. No doubt in my mind they'll make her the leader or be front and center. Kamala and Chavez are both still unique but both have their problems as we've both touched on. Still i don't think it's a matter of rushed, i think it's more so if the x-men's library don't already have characters that are easier to use to fill the void.

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
DRsaLfc1cEzOaJAtHndm88Ad4hlHNihYtXEtnAp83Nw.jpg

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
:deadrose:These brehs salaries would have bloated the production cost of the film.

And Tony Stark would've been doing a lot more running and riding motorcycles :snoop:

In all seriousness though, He probably would've been a dope Tony Stark. :wow:

Eddie Murphy in Wakanda :blessed:

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
Now the X-Men's typical core cast is vanilla white too, and that's partly why the whole motto of "they're relatable bc their an oppressed group fighting for inclusion" thing never really caught on as strongly with mainstream audiences at the theaters [and seemed out of place with a world of avengers/spider-man, anyway]... because if all the main x-men focused on are majority white males [Cyclops, Logan, Gambit, Charles, Magneto, Iceman, Colossus] or white females [Jean, Rogue, Emma, Kitty] with one token black girl who goes a decade at a time being nothing but wallpaper... well, yea. The irony isn't lost.

Now if/when the MCU gets a hold of them, unlike Fox I could see Fiege either making Storm the leader/major focus, race-bending someone like Rogue to biracial black, or simply expanding/shuffling the rosters to include the Sunspots and Bishops of the world in much more prominent/revamped roles.

Which is why i think the F4's villains is the big appeal for that franchise, whereas with the x-men it's their villains but also their expanded library of heroes, a number of which [the non-white] have been neglected in comics but would be easy enough for the MCU to upgrade into major players.

Let's be real at this point in the MCU, the X-Men are NOT needed, its really cac fanboys and pissy comic ''elite nerds' who think marvel ''getting the rights'' means anything, the eay the MCU started the universe its moved forward as much as im not a fan of them where the X-Mn fit in.. why ? well for one, theve built the avengers universe in a very ''Disney-esque'' mould. no fukking way the Mutants and their plight will work. now if they make a multi verse where these ones exist, that could work, but having them in this main MCU lol, its laughable, and people clamouring for it really have no idea what they're asking for. hell I'd hate to see a disney/MCU DOOM cause they're not gonna get it right, maybe if they break away from that disney training wheel but we both know thats not gonna happen, their formula works, and the character DOOM will not work in their formula

Avengers Budget : $1.5 billion (before marketing)

EM salary: $200 million
TC salary: $300 million
BP salary: $500 million

:wow: T C would make and amazing a$$hole Stark tho :lupe:

nikkas really planing on taking their S/O to see IW ?? :scust: fukk that.. told shorty not to text or call me, im blocking her number all day till im out. she dont know me for that whole day, i dont exist in her life.. imagine looking down to read a text or look at her face cause she's asking a question and you miss Tony getting curb stomped smh

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Let's be real at this point in the MCU, the X-Men are NOT needed, its really cac fanboys and pissy comic ''elite nerds' who think marvel ''getting the rights'' means anything, the eay the MCU started the universe its moved forward as much as im not a fan of them where the X-Mn fit in.. why ? well for one, theve built the avengers universe in a very ''Disney-esque'' mould. no fukking way the Mutants and their plight will work. now if they make a multi verse where these ones exist, that could work, but having them in this main MCU lol, its laughable, and people clamouring for it really have no idea what they're asking for. hell I'd hate to see a disney/MCU DOOM cause they're not gonna get it right, maybe if they break away from that disney training wheel but we both know thats not gonna happen, their formula works, and the character DOOM will not work in their formula

Avengers Budget : $1.5 billion (before marketing)

EM salary: $200 million
TC salary: $300 million
BP salary: $500 million

:wow: T C would make and amazing a$$hole Stark tho :lupe:

nikkas really planing on taking their S/O to see IW ?? :scust: fukk that.. told shorty not to text or call me, im blocking her number all day till im out. she dont know me for that whole day, i dont exist in her life.. imagine looking down to read a text or look at her face cause she's asking a question and you miss Tony getting curb stomped smh
full_zpsyga4tndy.png

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
:dead: