The Official "Avengers: Infinity War" Thread (SPOILERS)

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
bowing to that pressure after all the years is dumb, especially with Wasp, Cap Marvel, the potential all female hero movie, the BP chicks, etc all here now. They commissioned the script, hoping they give the writer a mil an then never make the movie.
How about this, the movie announcement was a curve and she really dies in this movie thus the reason for all the top billing this movie go round?

SmarkMero

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
vc7g0m1gg3o01.jpg
qZlAlkh.png

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps

I'm the grumpy loser that pretty much dislikes the look of all comic book movie posters, but especially the MCU ones. Most of them are too busy and ugly with no real thematic or artistic vision. Just a bunch of unscaled or badly photostopped faces and poses looking at random shyt. I almost always prefer the fan-made or alternative posters with more minimalist designs. Ones that look like book covers or old school movie posters that had style to them.

Something like this

tumblr_nn8b9qve8g1qjnwlso1_1280.jpg

Instead of this

10869325_591589580977275_2778898650041679518_o.jpg

But I fukk with these infinity stone themed posters. They are simple as hell, and recycle all of the poses we've seen before, but they really inspire feelings of sci-fi adventure, epic fantasy, and foreboding mystery.

I like the pairings and colors associated with each too.

You got Peter tethered to Tony, which resonates thematically because of Homecoming.

You got Wong and Strange together because of their movie.

Then you have Wanda and Vision together, highlighting their romance. Rhodey shares the poster with them after essentially losing his legs because of Vision, with a shot that was meant for Falcon, who also is on the poster.

Next you have Natasha and Hulk sharing a poster, again linking their relationship that is featured in Ultron and Ragnarok, and also T'Challa and Okoye, which is pretty cool because it feels like Okoye is protecting her King on the poster. T'Challa and Natasha also had some cool scenes together in Civil War, not to mention she sort of betrayed him, which could and probably will be referenced in Infinity War.

Bucky and Steve are together, with Shuri propping up Bucky after having fixed another broken white boy. Nebula is under them, sharing one similarity with the Winter Solider, in that she is a biologically altered assassin made to the do the bidding of someone else.

And then the rest of the cosmic characters share a poster.

Only change I would have made is giving T'Challa the bigger billing over Natasha. But billing was negotiated well before BP released so that deads that.

I get that studios are going to put actor faces and names on the posters to put butts in seats, that is their purpose, not anything artistic, but I wish they were more in line with some of the unofficial posters they put out.

Dope.

Last edited:

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
I'm the grumpy loser that pretty much dislikes the look of all comic book movie posters, but especially the MCU ones. Most of them are too busy and ugly with no real thematic or artistic vision. Just a bunch of unscaled or badly photostopped faces and poses looking at random shyt. I almost always prefer the fan-made or alternative posters with more minimalist designs. Ones that look like book covers or old school movie posters that had style to them.

Something like this

tumblr_nn8b9qve8g1qjnwlso1_1280.jpg

Instead of this

10869325_591589580977275_2778898650041679518_o.jpg

But I fukk with these infinity stone themed posters. They are simple as hell, and recycle all of the poses we've seen before, but they really inspire feelings of sci-fi adventure, epic fantasy, and foreboding mystery.

I like the pairings and colors associated with each too.

You got Peter tethered to Tony, which resonates thematically because of Homecoming.

You got Wong and Strange together because of their movie.

Then you have Wanda and Vision together, highlighting their romance. Rhodey shares the poster with them after essentially losing his legs because of Vision, with a shot that was meant for Falcon, who also is on the poster.

Next you have Natasha and Hulk sharing a poster, again linking their relationship that is featured in Ultron and Ragnarok, and also T'Challa and Okoye, which is pretty cool because it feels like Okoye is protecting her King on the poster. T'Challa and Natasha also had some cool scenes together in Civil War, not to mention she sort of betrayed him, which could and probably will be referenced in Infinity War.

Bucky and Steve are together, with Shuri propping up Bucky after having fixed another broken white boy. Nebula is under them, sharing one similarity with the Winter Solider, in that she is a biologically altered assassin made to the do the bidding of someone else.

And then the rest of the cosmic characters share a poster.

Only change I would have made is giving T'Challa the bigger billing over Natasha.

I get that studios are going to put actor faces and names on the posters to put butts in seats, that is their purpose, not anything artistic, but I wish they were more in line with some of the unofficial posters they put out.

Dope.
Hollywood loves those photoshopped heads man it's about showing the actors face more than anything for the posters. I wish the posters were more artistic like back in the 80's and 90's.

That said I love these posters for the reasons you've stated.

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
Do you all think Thor's powers were nerfed in Ragnorak? How you gonna be God of Thunder and get shocked on Jeff Goldblum's planet?!
i explained this in the ragnarok thread but those were not electifying disc they were nerve stimulating discs, that's why you see his viens and shyt become visble. you can make someone paralyzed by targeting their nervous system, marvel wldnt be that dumb to do that lol.

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
reddit nerds have speculated Nebula may have bought the reality stone off the collector to use as bait for Thanos on titan where she'll try to use it to kill him. GOTG2 established her desire to kill thanos and she was shown there on Titan in the leaked trailer :manny: