The Official "Avengers: Infinity War" Thread (SPOILERS)

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
remember when Spidey goes to the bodega? peep the date on the bag
s3Jve3S.gif

... can that be?
oh hell nah...

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Fandango: Will Infinity War be a set up for the next film in the Avengers story, or does this movie sit as a stand-alone?

Joe Russo: In the way that all Marvel movies sit as a stand-alone this one's a stand-alone. You know there's an experiment in serialized storytelling, so it certainly adds a correlation to the Avengers' story, but it's written in a way that all the Marvel movies have a correlation to each other. One thing that we set out from the beginning and said that we wanted to do from the beginning, was that we'd been disappointed about times we've sat in part one of part two films and it feels like they just took out a pair of scissors and cut the movie in half. And the first film isn't really structured in a way where there's a beginning, middle, and an end. It feels more set up like a first act and half of a second act for the second movie.

Avengers 3 has a beginning, middle, and a very definitive end and Avengers 4 does the same. Of course, there will be elements that carry over — and elements of the [Avengers] story that carry over, but I think you'll have a complete emotional experience in each film.

I LIKED THE IDEA OF THE 2 PART FILM.

I HOPE THIS MOVIE IS LONG ENOUGH
TO FIT ALL THIS shyt IN.
:devil:
:evil:

momma

All Star
Daps
Will xmen be in the next movie to show them how its done:wow:?

Nah A4 is in post-production now I believe and the Fox deal won't be finalized until sometime later this year. Plus Fox still has Dark Phoenix to drop later this year too. I'm betting on X-Men getting a move in Phase 4 though

McTwerk

Dreams and Nightmares
Daps
Reppin
In the Cloud
Why hasn't Disney/Marvel Studios bought back the rights or negotiated a collaboration with Fox to include Silver Surfer in this story line?

This is a key missing character from the Infinity Gauntlet story.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
for all my comic brehs... with the least amount of spoilers possible (a lot, a little, none).... what type of time travel fukkery was in this story??

i have a feeling disney bout to kill off characters then do the "rewind time and fix all our mistakes" fukkery... with the time stone and all that...

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
Joe Russo: Interestingly enough, I'll start out by saying Thanos, even though he's not a character that had a huge preexisting story in the Marvel universe. He was a threat but he was not developed in any way up to this point. Thanos has an incredible amount of screen time in this film, in a lot of ways I would say it's his movie. Our job when we make these films — and what we feel is important to us — is to surprise the audience. We wanted to tell a story that they weren't expecting, and the story is told from the point of view of a villain, which I think is also really unique and risky for a commercial film that will surprise the audience. I think this is a market where the audience really enjoys innovation and disruption, and we want to do something innovative in this space. So I think Thanos has an incredible amount of screen time, and I think you'll find that Thor has a really interesting arc in the film. He hasn't been at the forefront of other Avengers movies but he certainly has a very important role in this film. So I'll say, Thanos and Thor.

Fandango: Whose story does this film belong to? Does it have its own hero telling the narrative?

Joe Russo: Its point of view is Thanos' point of view, so it's a villain driving the narrative.

This gives me hope they can make an incredible Dr. Doom movie.

Benefited

Banned
Daps
Nah A4 is in post-production now I believe and the Fox deal won't be finalized until sometime later this year. Plus Fox still has Dark Phoenix to drop later this year too. I'm betting on X-Men getting a move in Phase 4 though

I would hope for an xmen vs avengers,if they didnt need to completley redo the xmen:martin:

• Dap
Reactions: flo

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
for all my comic brehs... with the least amount of spoilers possible (a lot, a little, none).... what type of time travel fukkery was in this story??

i have a feeling disney bout to kill off characters then do the "rewind time and fix all our mistakes" fukkery... with the time stone and all that...
What gave you that idea:mjgrin:its not like that rumour hasnt been all over the net and the movie isnt goin to have strange who is wearing the eye of agamotto or anything:mjgrin:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
What gave you that idea:mjgrin:its not like that rumour hasnt been all over the net and the movie isnt goin to have strange who is wearing the eye of agamotto or anything:mjgrin:
i never read the comics.. dr strange is a top 5 marvel movie to me... the SECOND i realized there was a stone that could rewind time, i immediately thought of that shyt... i fukking hate it.. it ruins every single movie with time travel cause nobody stays dead

i'm really hoping it's a mix of time travel, but they ain't killing 10 and bringing back 10 for part 2..... there needs to be real serious loss in this

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
So......I think I have to say I'm teamthanos brehs:patrice:

Watching Thanos on the scene casually snatching chains that they grandma gave em is entertaining brehs:mjlol:

Stop trippin Thanos!:damn:

All the franchise players on the avengers out there looking:flabbynsick: like 21-0 Undertaker before Brock tossed his old ass in the bushes:umad:

In fact that comparison is pretty apt....the Avengers think they can just assemble for Wrestlemania and walk out with W's....part time ass nikkas...not this time:ufdup:

I'm tired of Iron Man trying to be all up in the videos...:stopitslime:

Pull up now billionaire plehboi:birdman:

6166903-9960014457-giphy.gif

After watching the trailer like 5 times, I ain't fukking with any of the hero shots:russell::camby:

The ones making me go:ahh: are the ones with Iron Man getting KOed, Cap's struggle sttength to save his face from being hulk smashed, the goons and goblins swarming the Hulkbuster, Thor and Strange screaming in agony:bryan:

I want to see team avengers throw in the towel brehs:damn:

Bowed, bent, and broken brehs:wow:

If he dies he dies brehs:damn:

I'm a traitor brehs:francis:

At least for Avengers 3:mjpls:

I'm bandwagoning back to the Avengers side for 4 after they learn some humility:mjgrin:

Last edited: