The Official "Avengers: Infinity War" Thread (SPOILERS)

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
Is it possible for Warlock to be in this or Avengers 4? Guardians 2 takes place six months after Guardians 1 so he'd be 4 but considering he's an alien they might just treat him like Vision.

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
Is it possible for Warlock to be in this or Avengers 4? Guardians 2 takes place six months after Guardians 1 so he'd be 4 but considering he's an alien they might just treat him like Vision.
I think him and maybe Nova are gonna be introduced in the next guardians movie :yeshrug:

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
remember when Spidey goes to the bodega? peep the date on the bag
s3Jve3S.gif

... can that be?
:dajackie: how do you muhfukkas catch this shyt? :mindblown:

Urbanmiracle

Brooklyn the planet...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn son
IMAX 4DX TICKETS COPPED FOR THE SQUAD

WE IN THERE

THANOS GANG

YALL DIE!!!

Watching the trailer and listening to Tony have his trademark swagger and knowing that Thanos will re-arrange his whole face with is mighty purple fist is lovely. They have no clue who they are facing. This their real first taste of the cosmic might thats out there. There will be no snappy quips, no last min saves, no dance routines that will save them. They are outclassed. This avengers team will be changed forever.. CANT WAIT...........

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

SO THIS ISNT A TWO PART MOVIE ANYMORE?

WHATS AVENGERS 4 GONNA BE ABOUT?
:devil:
:evil:

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps

Fandango: You mention some characters are invested with more screen time than others. Can you name which of those characters were invested more?

Joe Russo: Interestingly enough, I'll start out by saying Thanos, even though he's not a character that had a huge preexisting story in the Marvel universe. He was a threat but he was not developed in any way up to this point. Thanos has an incredible amount of screen time in this film, in a lot of ways I would say it's his movie. Our job when we make these films — and what we feel is important to us — is to surprise the audience. We wanted to tell a story that they weren't expecting, and the story is told from the point of view of a villain, which I think is also really unique and risky for a commercial film that will surprise the audience. I think this is a market where the audience really enjoys innovation and disruption, and we want to do something innovative in this space. So I think Thanos has an incredible amount of screen time, and I think you'll find that Thor has a really interesting arc in the film. He hasn't been at the forefront of other Avengers movies but he certainly has a very important role in this film. So I'll say, Thanos and Thor.

Fandango: Whose story does this film belong to? Does it have its own hero telling the narrative?

Joe Russo: Its point of view is Thanos' point of view, so it's a villain driving the narrative. But there are, that being said, it is at times multi-perspective and there are very important roles for a couple of the heroes. I think you could argue, too, that a lot of the film is told from the point of view of Gamora, and I think she has a really fascinating arc in the movie.

Joe Russo: Who's the most surprising? Let's take Thanos. I don't want to keep defaulting to him but I think people will find him at turns horrifying and at turns empathetic.

Fandango: Ooh, okay. Sounds like he's kind of a Killmonger.

Joe Russo: Certainly, we love villains with depth and it was really, you know, in Winter Soldier what motivated us to work on that film is the fact that Captain America was unwittingly going up against his best friend. As a villain it’s an incredibly rich backstory and potential for real drama there, so we love complicated villains. Civil War, Zemo is a victim, he was victimized by the Avengers. His family was killed and he blames them for it, so we always try to find the human side of a villain because in every villain's story, they're the hero in their own story. Their point of view is that they're right. And I find that when I watch films where the villain is more complex I find that it makes the heroes more complex and ultimately in the story more interesting.

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
I think the soul stone is in Wakanda. That's how T'challa And The Honorable King Erik Killmonger were able to talk to the souls of their fathers.
nah.

In the beginning, there was a war.

Now I don't know whether they're on the side of or against Thanos, but for some reason or other, there were celestials destroying worlds.

Remember in Guardians of the Galaxy 1?

main-qimg-cef66c28a95f9ac1fdfc66d6cda8b75a

That's the power stone. Purple in color.

Now I'm betting that when that world exploded, the fragments of that homeworld irradiated w/ powerstone energy became meteorites, and one of them was the one that landed on earth, and that is what created the heart shaped herb. Which is why the herbs are purple.

Remember at the end of Guardians, when Peter grabbed the power stone?

What happens? He sees his mom...

ImpressionableMelodicFruitfly-size_restricted.gif

Just like T'Challa and Erik are able to see their dads.

FPDJD.gif

power stone color is the same as the color pallette that MARVEL has chosen aesthetically for Black Panther: Purple, so I believe at the end each major avenger will grab a powerstone and they'll use it to defeat thanos together, and Black Panther will end up with the power stone.

black-panther-3-600x338.jpg

5d99b6536ab51973dc3fa363cb46247d.jpg

At the end of the whole Infinity Saga, A post credits scene will involve an MCU Illuminati like in the comics, and in this movie version T'Challa will keep the power stone. And he will hand it off to Shuri, who will then synthesize it to restore the Heart shaped herb garden.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps

SO THIS ISNT A TWO PART MOVIE ANYMORE?

WHATS AVENGERS 4 GONNA BE ABOUT?
:devil:
:evil:

Fandango: Will Infinity War be a set up for the next film in the Avengers story, or does this movie sit as a stand-alone?

Joe Russo: In the way that all Marvel movies sit as a stand-alone this one's a stand-alone. You know there's an experiment in serialized storytelling, so it certainly adds a correlation to the Avengers' story, but it's written in a way that all the Marvel movies have a correlation to each other. One thing that we set out from the beginning and said that we wanted to do from the beginning, was that we'd been disappointed about times we've sat in part one of part two films and it feels like they just took out a pair of scissors and cut the movie in half. And the first film isn't really structured in a way where there's a beginning, middle, and an end. It feels more set up like a first act and half of a second act for the second movie.

Avengers 3 has a beginning, middle, and a very definitive end and Avengers 4 does the same. Of course, there will be elements that carry over — and elements of the [Avengers] story that carry over, but I think you'll have a complete emotional experience in each film.