Status
Not open for further replies.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
There was no personal motive. He was pruning the Universe, like a gardener to save the plants from the weeds, and he had no choice in the matter. His "calculus" showed him that if he failed to act everyone would die anyway, so in fact, he actually saved half of the Universe. Re-balancing the universe for the greater good is true selfless good.
That'd be all good if the creators of the movie didn't confirm he literally killed half of ALL life, plants and animals included, which means the issue of too many mouths to feed with not enough resources was not solved. The power of the Infinity Gauntlet grant's him countless alternatives to solve the issue that don't involve erasing innocent lives. Dying a natural death is better than someone you don't know exists arbitrarily wiping you or your loved ones out of existence. The people who didn't get dusted have to deal with the aftermath of this man's actions while he sits on a farm patting himself on the back. The "good" intentions/motivations behind a heinous act don't make said act less heinous. When Thanos snapped his fingers, was his own chances of being erased also 50/50? Lastly, the dude had been committing genocide on a planetary level long before he was able to simply snap his fingers. He pushed his daughter off a cliff:mjlol:He promised to spare the people of Tyrion's world if he made him the gantlet and then killed them anyway and took Tyrion's hands:mjlol:Evil is an understatement when it comes to Thanos.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Welp I asked off for the night of April 25th because I'm anticipating that they'll start showing it that night like they've done in the past. If they do - great. If they don't - I'll have Thursday night off and will catch it on Friday or the weekend.

R.U.L.E.

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Maven/MPire Records
Thanos is not evil. He doesn't see himself as a cold blooded murderer and only murders when he has to.

Also he didn't kill half of the Universe. As he himself said "I can click my fingers and they will simply cease to exist. I call that mercy.". Yup mercy because not existing is more gentle than being murdered and is not the same thing. Being blinked out of reality is how I would choose to go if I had the choice.

If a vet has to put an animal down they will choose the least painful way. Thanos had no choice in the matter and was trying to help the selected half to vanish in a painless way rather than wait for their inevitable death at his hands.

Twisted logic I know but it is internally consistent and that is what makes him compelling.

Eh I think you’re wrong about the mercy thing. Gamora states “you kill...and torture... and call it mercy.” Nothing painless about any of that. I think the mercy things comes from him murdering half of the planets he invades instead of all of them.

Could be wrong though :yeshrug:

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
Thanos is not evil. He doesn't see himself as a cold blooded murderer and only murders when he has to.

Also he didn't kill half of the Universe. As he himself said "I can click my fingers and they will simply cease to exist. I call that mercy.". Yup mercy because not existing is more gentle than being murdered and is not the same thing. Being blinked out of reality is how I would choose to go if I had the choice.

If a vet has to put an animal down they will choose the least painful way. Thanos had no choice in the matter and was trying to help the selected half to vanish in a painless way rather than wait for their inevitable death at his hands.

Twisted logic I know but it is internally consistent and that is what makes him compelling.

I agree with what you’re saying. I’m familiar with the Thanos comics so he was being true to character. My thing was is that I wanted to see him “break character” per say. To not be so merciful and just outright destroy the Avengers lol.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
qhtk5tk.jpg

I can't believe this is a meme :mjlol:

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
That'd be all good if the creators of the movie didn't confirm he literally killed half of ALL life, plants and animals included, which means the issue of too many mouths to feed with not enough resources was not solved. The power of the Infinity Gauntlet grant's him countless alternatives to solve the issue that don't involve erasing innocent lives. Dying a natural death is better than someone you don't know exists arbitrarily wiping you or your loved ones out of existence. The people who didn't get dusted have to deal with the aftermath of this man's actions while he sits on a farm patting himself on the back. The "good" intentions/motivations behind a heinous act don't make said act less heinous. When Thanos snapped his fingers, was his own chances of being erased also 50/50? Lastly, the dude had been committing genocide on a planetary level long before he was able to simply snap his fingers. He pushed his daughter off a cliff:mjlol:He promised to spare the people of Tyrion's world if he made him the gantlet and then killed them anyway and took Tyrion's hands:mjlol:Evil is an understatement when it comes to Thanos.

:dead:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV

But not the not-yet-living progenitors of that life - for example grain/seeds, so the next crop would result twice as much food for everyone. Plus by resources he didn't just mean food itself. He meant all primary inputs. After his gift, there would be relatively twice as much oil, fertile soil etc relative to the remaining population. It was a good act and the fact that people do not understand the big picture has no bearing on it. Your dog might not understand why you have to amputate its leg, but under some circumstances you might have to do it to save its life. Big picture stuff.

The planetary stuff was to save the half that lived rather than see them all die. I call that mercy. He sought out the stones so he could achieve that without any more pain.

Eitri and pals might have made another gauntlet.

Lose 50 or 100%? Thanos saved half of the Universe.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

He's evil breh, I don't care really I root for bad guys

Status
Not open for further replies.