Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

The Flash Taps Robbie Amell as Firestorm

Jul 9, 2014 01:00 PM ET by Natalie Abrams

140708amell-firestorm1_300x206.jpg

Robbie Amell, Firestorm

Robbie Amell has joined the cast of The Flash in a recurring role, TVGuide.com has learned.

The Tomorrow People alum, who is the real life cousin of Arrow star Stephen Amell, will play Ronnie Raymond, better known in the DC Comics universe as half of Firestorm. On The Flash, Ronnie is a maintenance worker at S.T.A.R. Labs and Dr. Caitlin Snow's (Danielle Panabaker) fiancé, whose fate is more complicated than first imagined. Ronnie plays an integreal part in the particle accelerator accident that transforms Barry Allen (Grant Gustin) into The Flash.

"Geoff Johns, Andrew Kreisberg and myself designed the pilot and series to include Ronnie (aka Firestorm) -- and to actually have someone with Robbie's talent playing the role is beyond exciting," executive producer Greg Berlanti said in a statement. "We can't wait for viewers and fans of the character to check it out."Amell, who will first appear in the third episode, added: "I'm so excited to join forces with Greg Berlanti and The CW again on The Flash. Being brought into the DC Universe is a dream, I can't wait to get started!The Flash:

Interesting fact: In the comics, Felicity Smoak (Emily Bett Rickards) is the stepmother of Ronnie Raymond.

The Flash premieres Tuesday, Oct. 7 at 9/8c on The CW.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Flash-Robbie-Amell-Firestorm-1084084.aspx

:ohhh: I thought the character of Felicity was an original character created for "Arrow".

Last edited:

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
:patrice: I mean its cool that they are bringing in DC characters but at the same time this just feels like stuntcasting

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
:ohhh: I thought the character of Felicity was an original character created for "Arrow".

She practically is as it seems like she has developed to be Felicty in name only. Very different to how she was in the comics of the bronze age

Felicity_Smoak_0001.jpg

FelicitySmoak.jpg

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
She practically is as it seems like she has developed to be Felicty in name only. Very different to how she was in the comics of the bronze age

Felicity_Smoak_0001.jpg

FelicitySmoak.jpg

:heh: I just tried to look up Felicity Smoak on Wikipedia & it took me to the "Arrow" page. Does she go by a different last name in the comics?

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
What do you mean?

Its like...I just hope they dont overstock with special guest DC characters every episode next season you know?
Smallville had a tendancy towards the latter of years of doing that just to drill excitment and not leave much to develop with its main cast (Chuck would also do that with special guest stars although given its design to be a homage to old school tv I think they did that by design))

Like its fine, Im not complaining or anything but I hope it doesnt become cliche of them later on in Season 3 and future seasons. I thought the best thing they did in season 2 was actually develop the core cast to work together and the characters more familar (eg Laurel working with Team Arrow).

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
:heh: I just tried to look up Felicity Smoak on Wikipedia & it took me to the "Arrow" page. Does she go by a different last name in the comics?

Same name, but obviously the TV character has become bigger than the comic character. She was just a supporting character in Firestorm comics in the 80s. Pretty obscure but known. When they first announcing she was guesting on the show I thought it was really random.

But evidently they've kinda made her more to be this universe's Oracle/Barbara Gordon of sorts.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I am curious (if they go all the way and introduce Firestorm) who Ronnie will be joining with...Prof. Stein or Jason Rusch?

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
arrow2.gif
arrow3.gif

Official season 3 synopsis brehs
In the aftermath of this victory, Season Three opens with Arrow now a hero to the citizens of Starling. Crime is down, people feel safer, and Captain Lance even calls off the Anti-Vigilante Task Force. Basking in his success, Oliver believes he can finally have a private life and asks Felicity out on a date. But the second Oliver takes his eye off the ball, a deadly villain reappears in Starling, forcing Oliver to realize that he can never be Oliver Queen – not as long as the city needs The Arrow.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Arrow: Oliver related scoop on episode 3x02 from TVLine's Matt Webb Mitovich

nhm4.jpg

Here's some scoop on Arrow from this week's (Posted on 7/10/14) Matt's Inside Line column.

What is going on with Arrow? Anything new? By the way, is Sara Lance coming back? —Alamin
The Sara sitch was addressed in this recent Ask Ausiello. Elsewhere on theArrow front, Season 3’s second episode will find Oliver hunting down a vicious killer and mercenary who is wanted for murder in seven countries and now is targeting victims who are associated with a specific company.

http://tvline.com/2014/07/10/once-upon-a-time-season-4-captain-hook-new-clothes/

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
The Flash: Scoop on Stephen Amell's appearance in the pilot and scoop on episode 1x02 from TVLine's Matt Webb Mitovich

Flash_CW__140311155940.jpg

Here's some scoop on The Flash from this week's (Posted on 7/10/14) Matt's Inside Line column.

What can you tell me about Stephen Amell’s cameo in the pilot for The Flash? —Kat
I can tell you that it’s a nice enough, if obvious, moment, where Barry seeks out the nudge he needs to be the hero he now can be. Now, if I can interest you in some Episode 2 scoop, I am hearing that the second metahuman The Flash will face off against might make us all feel a bit… well, Mist-y.

http://tvline.com/2014/07/10/once-upon-a-time-season-4-captain-hook-new-clothes/

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
"
TV Goes Back to Work: First Photos of Arrow & The Flash

By Andy Swift / July 12 2014, 7:00 AM PDT

Scripts! Sets! Selfies! Some of network TV’s hottest shows resumed production this week, and thanks to their eager casts and crews, we’re getting an early look at the drama/laughter/insanity to come.

arrow-season-3-3.jpg

Ready or not, "Here we go..."Arrow EP Marc Guggenheim tweeted Wednesday as filming began on Season 3.

arrow-season-3-4.jpg

Guggenheim followed that up Thursday with this even-more-epic shot of the set. But wait... Who's getting in the ring?

arrow-season-3-1.jpg

Colton Haynes posted this lovely selfie with co-stars Willa Holland and Katie Cassidy on Tuesday.

arrow-season-3-2.jpg

…followed by this less-than-flattering shot on Wednesday. As Haynes wrote, "Roy Harper is going through some rough changes." Clearly.

the-flash-season-1-1.jpg

Grant Gustin was so excited to get his hair did on Friday, he couldn't resist sharing a shot with his fans. "First day in the chair," Gustinwrote. "So excited." (That makesall of us.)

http://tvline.com/2014/07/12/fall-tv-pics-arrow-revenge-vampire-diaries-once-upon-a-time/
"

Last edited: