MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
well, that and if youre not a comic book-cartoon fan you might not give two shyts about arrow. everyone knows about batman.

Word. Green Arrow doesn't move the meter like Batman does or even the Flash. But this show has helped him out. Arrow is still one of my favorite shows on TV so I couldn't give a damn what the public thinks

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Yeah I read about it. Aint seen that show yet. Its getting props mostly cause it deals with latin families and is actually a CW with PoC but I honestly its low hanging fruit praise. Some critics still see as the CW as the network fo Gossip Girl and Carrie Diaries so are gonna be more generous to shows like that.

:mjlol: So that show ain't the second coming of "Veronica Mars" like critics are making it seem?

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
ARROW EP ON WHY SEASON 3'S PREMIERE ENDED WITH THAT SHOCKING EVENT

How the premiere's events will change things for nearly every character.

8 OCT 2014 BY ERIC GOLDMAN

Arrow executive producer Marc Guggenheim had a question for those of us among the press who’d assembled to watch the Arrow: Season 3 premiere a few days ago: “Do you guys hate us for killing off Sara?” Yes, the Arrow team are well aware that there will be many displeased with the death of Sara Lance, AKA The Canary, in the final moments of the episode.

So why did they kill Sara? Said Guggenheim, “We just sort of started off talking about what’s the season about. I've spoken at length at this point that it’s about identity and we talked about what Oliver’s journey for the year would be and we talked about what all the other characters' journeys would be and just in the course of those conversations, we had this notion of sort of starting off the year in the way we typically end the year. It was just part and parcel of our plan for the year, ever since we started. It was one of the first ideas we kicked around.”

That being said, Guggenheim noted, “It was hard. Every time we kill off a character on the show, it’s always incredibly hard. We’re not Game of Thrones, we’re not Sons of Anarchy. Its really, really difficult. Especially because, we're very lucky, and I really mean this - our cast and our guest cast are always wonderful people. We’ve been very lucky. Like when we were meeting with Brandon Routh, part of our process with casting recurring characters is obviously we don't screen people for their personality, but I tell you, we've got this great group and a really wonderfully welcoming cast. Caity Lotz completely fit into that family. It’s always hard to kill off someone who you just really enjoy working with and you really love writing for and seeing on the screen.”

ar301b0342bjpg-20f23b_640w.jpg

Caity Lotz as Sara Lance / Canary in Arrow.

Guggenheim promised, “As with Tommy’s death, as with Moria’s death, the story implications for this development are so far reaching for the show and affect all of the characters. It really kicks off a mystery that will drive us for at least the first half of the year. It will set Laurel on a trajectory she’s never had before on the show. It will create all of these other complications and dynamics that I can't talk about because it would spoil stuff. It buys us a lot of story. It speaks to all of the things that we wanted to do this year in terms of Laurel’s character, in terms of Oliver's character, in terms of Felicity’s character. It's always a hard thing to do but it's really the ending that is driving the whole third season.”

Guggenheim also got into specifics about how Sara’s death will affect some of the characters closest to her.

We WILL See Sara Again

We’d heard Caity Lotz would be appearing in a minimum of at least three episodes this season and when I asked Guggenheim about that, he replied, “I wasn’t lying! I wasn’t lying! Totally true. You’ll see her in the next episode and then you’ll see her in at least a third episode. And the truth is, we have stories that involve Caity Lotz."

"One of the beautiful parts on the show is we do flashbacks and we still want to tell the story of what happened when Sara washed up on the shores of Lian Yu after the events of 223, the sinking of the Amazo, and how she met Nyssa and how she joined the League of Assassins. There’s still a lot of story left to be told with Sara. But we did make a contract with Caity for three episodes, so I wasn’t lying and you certainly haven’t seen the last of her.”

The Crying Game

Guggenheim describes next week’s episode as “probably one of our most emotionally gut-wrenching episode, as it needs to be, as it should be, because this character’s death affects all of the characters on this show. It’s kind of brutal. I will say – I don’t want to spoil it too much – but we chose the title ‘Sara’ because it actually has a double meaning. I really don’t want to say more than that, but it does have a double meaning. And it’s harsh. I will say there’s the question of what should be done with Sara’s body. There’s the question of who do they tell? Do they tell Lance, for example, that his daughter died a second time? There’s the emotional repercussions for everybody, but it definitely has repercussions for Oliver and Felicity and it has repercussions for Felicity and Ray Palmer. And obviously for Laurel. Laurel’s very much at the center of that episode.

"I have to say, I think it’s one of our best episodes. I’m really, really happy with it, because everything is just sort of laid bare and it’s all there. Everyone’s raw and naked. It was a really hard episode for the cast to shoot, particularly Emily [Bett Rickards], Stephen [Amell] and Katie [Cassidy] – and Caity Lotz, who basically has to lie on a slab and not breathe and actually does a very, very compelling job of being dead. It’s really, really powerful stuff. It’s a herd episode to watch. If you’re prone to tears or capable of crying watching a TV show, you’ll probably be crying.”

AR302b_0443b-720x478.jpg

Emily Bett Rickards and Stephen Amell in next week's Arrow episode, "Sara."

While Arrow's had a couple other big deaths before, Guggenheim said this time, they were able to play out the immediate consequences in a bigger way. "When we killed off Tommy in 123, we went into a season finale end and a hiatus, so we never really dealt with the repercussions of his death. And with 221, after Moira’s death, we sort of dealt with that by taking Oliver out of the show, essentially, for an act. This episode is sort of the the first time we’ve really taken our time and spend time with these characters In the wake of a major character’s death and I think, as a result, I wouldn’t call it a departure episode, but it’s definitely an episode that has a different spin to it.”

Laurel

Clearly Sara’s death will be impacting Laurel in a huge way and it will also have reverberations for Laurel and Oliver, who said of the two, “There’s a scene between the two of them in episode six and it’s the sweetest scene. Every now and again we do have these scenes between the two of them where you really feel the history between them and that they were best friends and lovers and they were in love with each other. Now they're sort of post-relationship, but there's this history there that's always going to follow them and it's always going to be a bond between the two of them. There's a scene in episode six that's a really good example of that.”

“I think Sara’s death probably pulls them closer together than further apart,” Guggenheim said. “That's not to say that they're aren't some significant moments of conflict between them also. That's one of the reasons why we killed Sara off. The amount of story and richness that we get out of it... There's a scene in episode two where they're going at it and can't stand each other. And there's also a scene in episode two where they're the closest they’ve ever been. And that’s all in the same episode. And it doesn't feel schizophrenic. It doesn't feel inconsistent. Each moment feels earned because of the emotional roller coaster that these people are on.”

Nyssa

When Sara left Starling City at the end of Season 2, she was accompanying Nyssa al Ghul. And yes, we’ll soon be seeing how Nyssa reacts to the death of her former lover.

Revealed Guggenheim, “Katrina Law is coming back to the show. I don’t want to say when it's gonna happen, but she is in episode four. Obviously the whole reason to bring Nyssa back is her finding out that Sara's dead is going to be a big deal.”

AR213a_0526b-720x504.jpg

Katrina Law and Caity Lotz in Arrow.

Guggenheim added, “We love Katrina and we love the character of Nyssa. I actually feel like with Sara’s death, Nyssa becomes so much more important because I feel like one thing Sara did was provide us a cool, ass-kicking female character on the show and Nyssa definitely fits that bill quite well.”

As for episode four and Law's performance, he remarked, “I think it’s Katrina Law’s finest episode, actually. She's absolutely spectacular."

Lance

As for Sara’s father, Guggenheim said, “One of the things I'm excited about this season is the theme of identify affects everybody. And one of the things that Lance is struggling with is if I'm not out in the field, am I still a cop? Like he said [in the premiere], if I'm not a cop, what am I? Who am I?' He will be struggling with his new responsibilities. But obviously Sara's death will give him a whole mess of other things to struggle with.

ar301b0031bjpg-20f232_640w.jpg

Paul Blackthorne as Quentin Lance in Arrow.

“One of the things his job is going to do is it's going to place him in the center of citywide crisis that's never happened before. He's got a scene in 305 with the brand new mayor of Starling City. He never would have had those scenes before. It always would have been a scene with someone who's ahead of him in the police department. So he's moving up the chain and it's requiring him to rely on some different judgmental skills and maybe some political skills as well.

Whodunnit?

In next week’s episode, Guggenheim revealed, “We’re going to turn to a suspect in the killing. With us, you never know how soon things will get resolved or in what way they’ll get resolved.”

Pressed about who the killer is -- with one reporter immediately bringing up Ra’s al Ghul, who we know will be introduced in Season 3 -- Guggenheim smiled and replied, “Alright, I'm gonns spoil it. Everyone remember Raisa from the pilot? The Russian maid at the Queen mansion? It's her. She did it. She's been pissed off she hasn't been part of the show since!”

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10...on-3s-premiere-ended-with-that-shocking-event

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
ARROW: KATIE CASSIDY ON LAUREL BEGINNING THE ROAD TOWARDS BLACK CANARY

Laurel Lance's future may finally see her rising up and out of the dust of tragedy.

15 OCT 2014 BY LAYNE MORGAN

Viewers of CW's Arrow were shocked during last week's Season 3 premiere, as the episode ended with the sudden death of Sara Lance. On the heels of this, having already lost her sister once before, and the death of Tommy in Season 1, Laurel Lance (Katie Cassidy) may not have much left to lose. But all the tragedy may make for even more coming her way in this year.

I talked to Cassidy about what's in store for Laurel in Season 3 and if everything that has happened could lead to her character finally turning into the superhero DC Comics fans know her to be.

AR303b_0362b-720x479.jpg

Katie Cassidy as Laurel Lance in the October 22nd episode of Arrow.

IGN: Obviously, last week’s episode was a hard hit for Laurel with Sara’s death. Can you talk about how that’s going to effect Laurel moving forward and how she’s going to handle that?

Cassidy: Before I get into all that, the one thing I will say is the thing that’s great about our show and television is anything can happen. So maybe she’s not dead. Who knows? The thing that I love so much is that our show, it takes place in different time periods. So everyone’s like, “Oh, Caity Lotz, she’s not going to be around” and I was like, "Actually she is." We do flashbacks. You never know what can happen. There’s dream sequences, there’s all these cool things that our writers and producers can come up with. Sara is a huge part of the season and Laurel’s journey. Having seen the premiere, seeing Laurel and Sara at the end, obviously Sara looking... Assuming she’s dead, [Laurel], I think, has to dig really deep and come out the other end, come out stronger. I think there’s anger, I think there’s obviously sadness. It actually almost gives her a lot of strength. It’s like she wants to get revenge on whoever did that. Season 3, the writers have done a wonderful job and given Laurel such a great arc. I’m really excited about it and I think the fans are going to be really excited.

IGN: You were talking about her going out and looking for revenge and possibly growing stronger from that. I know everyone is often talking about Laurel’s transition into maybe becoming the Black Canary later down the line. Is this something that could lead in that direction?

Cassidy: I can definitely tell you that it’s the Green Arrow and the Green Arrow needs the Black Canary. Aside from saying that, and the fact that I think the fans and the fans of the comic book and the fans of Laurel, I think that they’re going to be very happy. She seems to be sort of starting down that path. She is involved with Ted Grant and starting to box. I think it will probably continue down that, towards that direction. You have to watch Season 3!

AR222a_3582b-720x433.jpg

Katie Cassidy as Laurel Lance and Stephen Amell as The Arrow.

IGN: So with that arc, her growing stronger and Sara’s death, do you think that will have an effect on Laurel’s relationship with Oliver?

Cassidy: Yeah, absolutely. I’ve always said that I think the two of them, from when we shot the pilot, are soulmates. Even though romantically they may not be together at the moment, or at this time in their lives, I think Laurel knows Oliver better than he knows himself. I think that she out of anyone isn’t afraid to stand up to him or call him out or get in his face. She’s very strong, very secure and mentally I do think that she is a warrior inside and a survivor and it takes somebody who’s that strong and that driven, given everything that we’ve seen her go through since Season 1. You have to be a very strong person to deal with all of this. I think that he, at first, will probably not be supportive because he doesn’t want to put her in danger but I think ultimately he will see that she has the mentality and that she’s dedicated and she’s willing to start from the bottom and learn the basics and do the training and she actually has what it takes. I think, hopefully, eventually he will end up respecting that and accepting it. Who knows? Maybe they’ll move forward together as a team. Partner in crime? I don’t know but it definitely would be cool.

IGN: Now that she’s in on Oliver’s secret, will we get to see her working more with the team?

Cassidy: Yeah, absolutely. I think that’s part of her journey and obviously knowing of the Arrow and even just being in the foundry, I do think Laurel will be a big asset to “Team Arrow” and we will definitely get to see her as a part of a lot more action and more involved in that story and that kind of thing, which has been a blast for me. Initially when I went to the CW and Greg Berlanti, and Marc [Guggenheim], and Andrew [Kreisberg], I had said to them I really, really wanted to do an action show. Obviously, that’s came about and with the chance of possibly turning into a superhero, I was like, "Great!" It’s great people to be in business with. I love the network. I love the studio. I’ve worked with them a lot. I liked where they were going with everything and I think that Season 3 is a great arc and journey for Laurel and I feel like this is her year. I’m rooting for her. I hope everybody else is. Because Season 2, let me just say, as wonderful as the writers were in Season 2 - they wrote for me, and as an actor I loved every second of it, but just crying all the time... I was like, "Laurel is always so upset. It’s crazy." But I think you have to "earn the island" is what we’ve always said. Oliver went to the island and spent five years there and became the Arrow. A character just can’t go from one night being Laurel Lance, working at the DA’s office, to the next day being the Black Canary. They want it to be legitimate and as grounded and real as possible which I think is what makes our show so great. I understand it.

ar301b0021bcjpg-20f233_640w.jpg

Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen and Katie Cassidy as Laurel Lance in Arrow.

IGN TV: The Flash has aired now and is connected to the same universe and you guys are doing the crossover storyline. Can we expect any potential Laurel interactions with any of The Flash characters in the future?

Katie Cassidy: Yes. I believe that there will be a crossover with Laurel and The Flash. Our writers have an idea that they’ve talked to me about and I think they’re genius. If they see this article, don’t get ahead of yourselves. I’m not blowing smoke, but I do think that the idea they’ve come up with, they’re so smart and they’re so good at what they do... I have a feeling there’s a genius plan that’s going to happen if they go with what they’ve pitched me.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10...aurel-beginning-the-road-towards-black-canary

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
10 minutes

till we eat

yo is it just me that laurel and iris kind of have the same look even though they are different races
Yeah, I just notice that too. Let me guess their both Canadian. That's another think I notice about CW shows over the years, a lot Canadian actors.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Yeah, I just notice that too. Let me guess their both Canadian. That's another think I notice about CW shows over the years, a lot Canadian actors.

nah both are american

but just take a look

9090926776_8c8f2a975e.jpg

37.jpg

maybe its just my eyes :manny: