Essential The Official "All Things One Piece" Thread (The Final Saga Has Started))

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
6e8.png

:russ: fukk it, wild out Oda!
The funiest part of this debate is you can tell who reads one piece and watches the manga and who skims it as if silly reactions haven't been a part of one piece throughout it's run.

2w6i0i35t5051.jpg
XGHWvA6.png
lWlBlEx.png
JSxK9Vp.jpg

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The funiest part of this debate is you can tell who reads one piece and watches the manga and who skims it as if silly reactions haven't been a part of one piece throughout it's run.

It's true there have always been goofy reactions in OP, but it's also true that Oda is subverting expectations with Luffy's gear 5th form. A lot of people expected Luffy to take a more menacing form to take on the most dangerous opponents. This wasn't because we don't read carefully or some other insulting bullshyt, it's because it makes sense and it's generally how characters evolve in manga. Oda is doing something unique though, and I want to see where it goes. I'm ready for the fukery.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
as a big cartoon fan I love this!!!!:banderas::banderas::banderas::banderas:
just making luffy goofy as fukk bringing the old school toons back
cartoons these days got way to preachy and serious sometimes you just fukk up things because it's funny :mjcry:

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
I was thinking about it and its cool that Luffy started off super child like but strong, ended up being strong as hell but unable to overcome the final boss. Has this near death experience, goes into this crazy training but subverts the super serious/badass trope and goes for this pretty comical power up but the subsequent chapter and fight is pretty disappointing.

I can't even make ends or tails of whats going on anymore

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Like how do you differentiate Nami hitting luffy and leaving a big not on his head is that comedic or luffys power. Kinemon missing teeth one second and having them all back. I don't know.

Kaido was fighting in “flirty drunk” mode a few weeks ago which was pure comedy in the middle of the epic clash.