Essential The Official "All Things One Piece" Thread (The Final Saga Has Started))

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
I hope Rocks didn't have the darkness fruit. If he did that means there is a character in play (Garp) that knows how to beat it. It kinda takes away from Luffy overcoming the same threat.

Haki nullifies DF powers.. that aint no rocket science :stopitslime: , ZoGAWD will fukk that nikka up from afar without breaking a sweat

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
not nullify as in cancel. its the only known source that can counteract DF powers. which is why Luffy knew Mihawk could clean cut his rubber hands off or why Garp was able to fukk up TONS of elite pirates

In that aspect it allows the user to hit logias and bypass certain aspects of a devil fruits powers but it does not nullify that users effectiveness completely.

If I asked how someone was going to fight prime Whitebeard and that quake fruit, the answer wouldn't be "Haki nullifies DF powers". You still gotta deal with them earthquakes somehow even if you have max level Haki. At Marineford they couldn't Haki away that tsunami, Aokiji had to freeze it.

Which is why I don't Rocks to be a user of the Dark fruit because that means some characters are around that have experience fighting and defeating its user. I want Luffy to overcome it from a clean slate.

teacher

All Star
Daps
Anybody else think Rocks is probably Blackbeard's father? Would make sense considering

1. Blackbeard's base is the beehive. Same place where the Rocks crew formed. He also wants to become King the same as Rocks did. Rather than it just being a coincidence, it would make more sense if Blackbeard is intentionally following in his father's footsteps.
2. Blackbeard fits age-wise. He's 40 and the Rocks pirates disbanded 38 years ago, so he would've only been a few years old when Rocks died.
3. Also, Blackbeard supposedly has a lot of knowledge about Devil Fruits. This chapter they said that Rocks knew about a lot of shyt the WG wants to keep quiet, so maybe Rocks left some of his knowledge to Teach.
4. My guess is that Blackbeard took on his mother's family name same as Ace did, for the same reasons (ie. so the WG wouldn't be after him).

It also makes sense why he had a hard on for Ace since his pops destroyed Rocks dreams, but wouldn't explain why he let Luffy go the first time they met on that Island with the spring legs guy. :patrice:but makes sense why he wanted to destroy the revolutionaries base. :jbhmm:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
It also makes sense why he had a hard on for Ace since his pops destroyed Rocks dreams, but wouldn't explain why he let Luffy go the first time they met on that Island with the spring legs guy. :patrice:but makes sense why he wanted to destroy the revolutionaries base. :jbhmm:

I don't think Blackbeard is operating off any personal grudge about his dad, he just wants to continue where he left off and be the PK.

IMO the Ace/Luffy thing has nothing to do with Rocks. He went after Luffy simply because his bounty was big enough that turning him in to the WG would get him a warlord spot, he only let him go the first time because he hadn't found out his bounty had went up yet. Then when Ace showed up trying to avenge Thatch he switched plans and just caught Ace instead.

Crayola Coyote

Superstar
Daps
So I’m getting that the people on the one piece world, including the marines, do not fukk with the celestial dragons at all. They are just follow orders. Celestial dragons are scum. :hhh:

Crayola Coyote

Superstar
Daps
I thought I was the only one who felt this way.

Something about him gives me a iffy vibe :patrice:

think of it. Why would shanks have his arm bit off by a sea king while saving Luffy and him doing Haki. You think he a informant for WG.
:ohhh:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
So I’m getting that the people on the one piece world, including the marines, do not fukk with the celestial dragons at all. They are just follow orders. Celestial dragons are scum. :hhh:

I think it's the marines in Sword who dgaf about the celestial dragons and the rest are either apathetic or indoctrinated (might as well be Germa members with the unquestioning loyalty).

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

Of course not. Look at what they did to Doflamingo's family when they found out they were Celestial Dragons.

Luken

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto/ Jersey / ATL / LA / Panoramic Roofs
still upset they gave up Da Gawd Do flamingo the jobber treatment in Dressarossa.

This might be the only time Oda did wrong or goof'ed. Do Flamingo had the greatest mastery of a devil fruit we saw thus far at that point and luffy can come through and defeat him in one Arc?:mjtf:

Nah, thats still not sitting well with me.

the flamingo fight should of taken place in the next arc with a defeat.

WrxcmIDgwXErJQyeqP8EW6D1J8AWleTQmGU10DheeBg.jpg

Same thing with the Katakuri W, his defeat was way to soon too:mjtf::martin:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
still upset they gave up Da Gawd Do flamingo the jobber treatment in Dressarossa.

This might be the only time Oda did wrong or goof'ed. Do Flamingo had the greatest mastery of a devil fruit we saw thus far at that point and luffy can come through and defeat him in one Arc?:mjtf:

Nah, thats still not sitting well with me.

the flamingo fight should of taken place in the next arc with a defeat.

WrxcmIDgwXErJQyeqP8EW6D1J8AWleTQmGU10DheeBg.jpg

Same thing with the Katakuri W, his defeat was way to soon too:mjtf::martin:

So you just hate for Luffy to beat anybody that's strong? :gucci:

You're gonna be sick at the end of Wano when Kaido and Big Mom take Ls. :sas2: