Essential The Official "All Things One Piece" Thread (The Final Saga Has Started))

OneDeep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
This has fallen all the way off. Arc was supposed to finally answer major questions for the reader, instead Oda wrote a story recap for the characters in the story.

I never knew how some people could just read the spoilers recap and not bother reading the actual chapter..........yet here I am.

:snoop:
Really wanted everything in one big lore dump now:gucci:

We still got Elbaf Final War & Laugh Tale

Let it play out:manny:

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
This has fallen all the way off. Arc was supposed to finally answer major questions for the reader, instead Oda wrote a story recap for the characters in the story.

I never knew how some people could just read the spoilers recap and not bother reading the actual chapter..........yet here I am.

That's been me too for a little while now. I had to stop reading spoilers, because they ruined my motivation to read the actual chapter.

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation

Was the arc really supposed to answer questions? You want everything answered before the final island? In what world did this ever make you think that would happen? You thought everything would be answered before the final island? Why? This is your own creation because of your own expectations. Arc is fire and sets the final saga of the series.

Sick of tired of online people complain about the dumbest shyt “I want everything answered now!” fukk off and read something else.

“Oda wrote a story recap for the characters in the story.” What in the fukk are you talking about? We didn’t know the planet was flooding or flooded 200 m during the void century. We didn’t know Joy boy was the first pirate. We don’t know the WG had Uranus. We didn’t know that it was Uranus that destroyed Lulusia which combined with the flooding storyline raises the stakes highly for the final saga. We didn’t know they used one little morsel of Mother Flame to power up Uranus or that the mother flame was stolen. We didn’t know what or how the weapons were used for. Joy Boy let the government flood the world and he also used weapons himself. Does this mean he wasn’t necessarily a good guy? Lots of details were found out and the entire internet is full of people like you that complain we didn’t learn anything new or “we were supposed to learn everything”. It has made discussing One Piece online head scratching.

Instead of letting the story play out and let questions be answered you need it now now now in a story that is almost thirty years old. People like you ruin One Piece discourse because of your expectations and what you want to happen. Got fukking damn.

Last edited:

OneDeep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
13-1718291034-o.jpg

This shyt right here

Love how Oda shows how truly monstrous the elders are:wow:

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC

This arc has definitely underwhelmed at times and suffers from pacing, which has been an issue from it's inception but, as I stated a while ago, after decades of fair consistency, he's earned a pass.

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
I think Egghead is the best arc in the franchise. Hit after hit and reveal after reveal. We got Strawhats vs Elders, Kuma backstory and more. Then there’s the stuff off the island like Koby punching the shyt out giant dudes and Garp vs Aokiji. I honestly have no complaints and find the arc moves at a brisk pace especially compared to Wano.

Honestly I have no idea what you could want and if you find Egghead has bad pacing I don’t know what would make things better for you because given the sheer amount of characters, story, and content I don’t see how it could possibly be improved.

:yeshrug:

How you think Wano (especially the raid) pacing is better than Egghead) seems crazy to me but you do you.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
The Godfather & T2 had subpar scenes. Nas, Jay, Tupac, and Big have had bad to mid tracks. Brady has had terrible games. Michael Jordan has thrown bricks but ANY criticism of One Piece is treated like sacrilege to a select few and I don't understand it.

Scratch that, I do understand it because you're gatekeeping stans, not objective fans capable of seeing all sides of a thing. THIS is why the One Piece fanbase gets the unjustified stigma it does and it's sad to see a handful of Beyhive minded people fukk it up for normal folk but there it is. 99% of the brehs know I'm not talking about them and will laugh and KIM but if you're always on the scene posting a rebuttal of any and every critique, real or imagined/justified or unfair, with Oda's dikk imprint showing down your throat, this one is for you.

Do better. :ufdup: