Essential The Official "All Things One Piece" Thread (The Final Saga Has Started))

Daps
Why do so many One Piece games all go for the same visual direction?
I can't be the only one that notices this, right? In so many of these games the worlds all look so realistically textured and the character models either look like polished clay or plasticky action figures.

FO8PmaGVUAIuPgJ.jpg

This is the upcoming one. It doesn't really fit One Piece's style. I hope everyone can see what I mean. They look like toys. Actually I wouldn't even say this is just a One Piece problem, any game that isn't a mobile game has this issue. Speaking of, there are two recently made games that match One Piece's cartoony art direction, Fighting Path and Project Fighter, but both these games are mobile and both are region locked to China with no current news of a global release.

OVER

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
Why do so many One Piece games all go for the same visual direction?
I can't be the only one that notices this, right? In so many of these games the worlds all look so realistically textured and the character models either look like polished clay or plasticky action figures.

FO8PmaGVUAIuPgJ.jpg

This is the upcoming one. It doesn't really fit One Piece's style. I hope everyone can see what I mean. They look like toys. Actually I wouldn't even say this is just a One Piece problem, any game that isn't a mobile game has this issue. Speaking of, there are two recently made games that match One Piece's cartoony art direction, Fighting Path and Project Fighter, but both these games are mobile and both are region locked to China with no current news of a global release.
Agreed. I don't own any One Piece games but I do have JumpForce and I hate how the characters look so I don't even entertain any other games based on Anime/manga.