Essential The Official "All Things One Piece" Thread (The Final Saga Has Started))

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.

That YouTuber speculates that the drums of liberation (and I think Joy Boy's heartbeat) sounds like the drums of...

:wow:

I'm telling ya'll. One Piece anime would be goat status if not for the woat status pace. I can already imagine it in the anime

Last edited:

K.I.N.G.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

200.gif

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

:jbhmm:...seems late but with the WG starting to make moves that could be a solution for the aftermath.

K.I.N.G.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:lupe: You cooking up a theory?
not really I was watching Yuderon's latest video and he mentioned these were Oda favorite panels. In a vacuum it was kind of weird at the time, but it's making sense after 1043 (Joyboy/Nika/ drums of liberation, Luffy's real devil fruit, all happening Wano) I think Oda was dropping hints with this.

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
not really I was watching Yuderon's latest video and he mentioned these were Oda favorite panels. In a vacuum it was kind of weird at the time, but it's making sense after 1043 (Joyboy/Nika/ drums of liberation, Luffy's real devil fruit, all happening Wano) I think Oda was dropping hints with this.

:patrice: What is the benefit of ditching rubber for tree sap? Does it make Luffy more powerful?

gtj1982

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
America's Darkside--210
:patrice: What is the benefit of ditching rubber for tree sap? Does it make Luffy more powerful?

Rubber comes from tree resin. The history of the Dutch and congo and the horrific treatment they inflicted on the people always pops in my mind when I think of rubber and Luffy. It would be fitting that a rubber man defeated the slavers. If you read that whole section with about the trees it explains those resin bubbles can take on shapes, are strong and expand with air. Sounds like Luffy? That's a Theory on Reddit. I can see the logic but we will see. Oda will switch things up if everyone starts guessing one thing.

YmDm-zsMvVEPoAVhBQh_3clKmj4M0kZcaI7JIileKNU.jpg

gtj1982

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
America's Darkside--210
Right, but from a story perspective what's the point? Is tree sap/resin a power up somehow?

Maybe the sap will be more maliable and can take any shape and get harder than rubber. Would also grant logia like abilities. I think the more important part is if the resin is from the Adam tree which is the strongest tree in one piece or if it was made from the original devil fruit tree. I think the back story of luffys devil fruit is what will make it important not necessarily the power up. Maybe it's just that it will inspire people to ride against the world government when they learn the legend of joy boy and Nika are true. Obviously the fruit isn't all powerful because in the end Joyboy got defeated 800 years ago even with Zunesha.

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Maybe the sap will be more maliable and can take any shape and get harder than rubber. Would also grant logia like abilities. I think the more important part is if the resin is from the Adam tree which is the strongest tree in one piece or if it was made from the original devil fruit tree. I think the back story of luffys devil fruit is what will make it important not necessarily the power up. Maybe it's just that it will inspire people to ride against the world government when they learn the legend of joy boy and Nika are true. Obviously the fruit isn't all powerful because in the end Joyboy got defeated 800 years ago even with Zunesha.

I like the ideas where the resin fruit is important because of the lore as opposed to the combat.

gtj1982

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
America's Darkside--210
I like the ideas where the resin fruit is important because of the lore as opposed to the combat.

That's just my feeling on it. World Government is all about suppressing info and keeping pirates seen as the enemy. Like no one knows Roger teamed up with Garp only the higher ups and the people that were there. Luffy is already has a bullseye on his back for Enies lobby and Marine Ford and is building his rep from island to island as a good pirate and liberator. If now he takes down Kaido and ends slavery in Wano and brings that country under his banner the world government might have a full scale rebellion on their hands. To top it off he would now be sailing the seas with his awakened fruit that directly connects him to the urban legend Joyboy. The citizens of the world would have hope for the first time in a long time.