Essential The Official "All Things One Piece" Thread (The Final Saga Has Started))

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I don't know, I think I'll feel a little disappointed if they just throw BM on the ship and go back to Whole Cake island.

Granted, it's One Piece so I never expected her to die, but still. This is the downfall of a Yonko, they should at least let the government capture her or something.

I think they'll wind up heading for Elbaf rather than back to Whole Cake Island...or maybe this where Perospero genuinely betrays Big Mom and leaves her stranded (but still somehow on her way to Elbaf where her story started).

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
- Chapter 1,040: "Words that has no effect on New Generation".
- In the cover, Niji and Yonji flashback to when they were beaten by Big Mom.
- Big Mom manages to withstand Kid's attack. Then she tries to take lifespans from all those around her. But Law stops her.
- Kid keeps shooting Big Mom until the floor collapse. Big Mom falls down through the armory, taking Kazenbou and all the bombs along with her.
- As Big Mom falls down through the bottom of Onigashima, she thinks about Roger. "Why didn't you just say it before you die, Roger!? What exactly is One Piece and where is it!?"
- Big Mom falls into Wanokuni's hole while she tells Law and Kid not to think that she's going to die this easily.
- We see a huge explosion in the hole. Narrator proclaims Law and Kid winners of the battle.
- Momonosuke tells Yamato that Zunisha is near, Yamato is surprised and asks if it's the elephant that appears in Oden's journal.
- Momonosuke: "Yes! It's Joy Boy's nakama who committed a crime 800 years ago!!"
- Break next week.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
- Chapter 1,040: "Words that has no effect on New Generation".
- In the cover, Niji and Yonji flashback to when they were beaten by Big Mom.
- Big Mom manages to withstand Kid's attack. Then she tries to take lifespans from all those around her. But Law stops her.
- Kid keeps shooting Big Mom until the floor collapse. Big Mom falls down through the armory, taking Kazenbou and all the bombs along with her.
- As Big Mom falls down through the bottom of Onigashima, she thinks about Roger. "Why didn't you just say it before you die, Roger!? What exactly is One Piece and where is it!?"
- Big Mom falls into Wanokuni's hole while she tells Law and Kid not to think that she's going to die this easily.
- We see a huge explosion in the hole. Narrator proclaims Law and Kid winners of the battle.
- Momonosuke tells Yamato that Zunisha is near, Yamato is surprised and asks if it's the elephant that appears in Oden's journal.
- Momonosuke: "Yes! It's Joy Boy's nakama who committed a crime 800 years ago!!"
- Break next week.
I'm not sure yet how I feel about the outcome of that battle. I don't think I like how Law is still able to use moves like that after claiming he would be drained with that last attack. She tanked Kid's attacks too. :wow:

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Alright, I'm fine with Big Mom going out that way. BFR is better than her being outright beaten. Still don't like how Law was able to spam so many abilities or how easily he dispatched Misery or how he was able to sit up like nothing happened.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Does anyone think Zunesha is coming to grab the island out of the sky?

I had an old theory that Jack's initial loss was a foreshadowing of how Kaido would be defeated. Basically, Zunesha blasted Jack to the bottom of the ocean but he survived because he's a fishman. I had this whole "elephant = elephant gun, Kaido is immortal but not a fishman so he'll be stuck on the ocean" thing. I wonder if I was wrong about the final blow but still on point about the mirroring that Oda wanted to do. Zunesha is gonna hit the final blow commanded by Momo because they combine to be Pluton. Zunisha is like a ship in that she travels around the ocean and has the biggest cannon in the game, and Momo commands it.

I found my old posts expecting the mirroring, shyt's are from 2020
I think Morj and Grand Line Reviews are the two OP youtubers that lay out the best cases for their predictions. I've been toying with the idea of Jack at the bottom of the ocean image being a foreshadowing for Kaido's fate, but it's just a thought.

- And this isn't anything foreshadowed in the chapter, just another thought based on Oda never killing anybody. I wonder if Kaido having the fish-fish fruit gives him an out to let Luffy beat Kaido without killing him since he's basically immortal anyway. Kaido at the bottom of the sea but alive in a defeat foreshadowed by the way Zunsha beat Jack (Elephant Gun knocks the unbeatable antagonist into the ocean).

Basically, my mod is that Luffy will have Kaido beaten for all intents and purposes but since he can't be killed it'll be Zunesha to send him into the ocean where he'll be stuck but alive thanks to eating the fish-fish fruit. Something like Luffy knocks him out, then Luffy collapses exhausted like everyone else has. Then Kaido gets back up and Momo and Zunesha send him flying into the water.

Just fun with theorizing though.

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This fight ended as expected. I'm just glad to get more lore about Joy Boy and see Kaido and Luffy fight.

Renkz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Alright, I'm fine with Big Mom going out that way. BFR is better than her being outright beaten. Still don't like how Law was able to spam so many abilities or how easily he dispatched Misery or how he was able to sit up like nothing happened.
Has it been shown that armament haki protects against law's devil fruit, because to me he's op.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Has it been shown that armament haki protects against law's devil fruit, because to me he's op.
It does but like all Haki you have to be stronger than him for it to matter. I think he and Kidd combined, plus the bombs, plus laws ability to keep her from making noises lessening her ability to steal life from people got her out the pocket. I expect she runs to the giants and that is the next step and final set up arc before we hit the end game.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

I think arnament can protect against any DF, it's just a matter of whether your haki is stronger than the DF user's.

Otherwise I don't think Law would've been taking Ls to Doflamingo the way he did.