Essential The Official "All Things One Piece" Thread (The Final Saga Has Started))

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
The Zoro Sanji rivalry has always been played up but if Zoro is about to get CoC then Sanji gonna need that power up to go into overdrive to compete.

Objection

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
The Zoro Sanji rivalry has always been played up but if Zoro is about to get CoC then Sanji gonna need that power up to go into overdrive to compete.
I can see Sanji getting future sight. That plus the defensive upgrade would make him a problem. I'm a zoro stan so sanji is a clear number 3 imo.

• Dap
Reactions: jeh

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Sanji and Zoro's dynamic isn't really based on outright power. Zoro was always the #2. Sanji is firmly the 3rd. And if vol. 100's cover has any meaning (It's Oda, so it likely does) then all 3 will wield CoC.

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
i know we gotta wait till the fight is over, but how wld king so far stack against katakuri?

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
sanji power up is his germa gene activating. he was never on zoro’s level if he was he’d be a supernova as well.

Sanji has always held himself as if he was equal to Zoro if not better. If Zoro gets the power up he is heading for and Sanji just obtains what his brothers have then that rivalry is 100% dead.

If Sanji doesn’t get CoC he will need Katakuri level CoO on top of his germa upgrades.

It’s not about the strength the readers portray them to hold, it’s about what the characters believe they can do and how they relate to each other.

Renegade47

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
North South East West
Sanji has always held himself as if he was equal to Zoro if not better. If Zoro gets the power up he is heading for and Sanji just obtains what his brothers have then that rivalry is 100% dead.

If Sanji doesn’t get CoC he will need Katakuri level CoO on top of his germa upgrades.

It’s not about the strength the readers portray them to hold, it’s about what the characters believe they can do and how they relate to each other.

bro. the rivalry isnt real. fans taking them budding heads (which is just some funny gag shyt) on some sibling shyt like they are vying to be #2 of the crew has no base when you read the story zoro is #2. always has and always will be. zoro always fights #2 of the enemy crew. zoro took luffy damage from kuma. zoro checked luffy about usopp coming back to the crew without apologizing. zoro has and always will be #2 in rank and strength. he might not even be #3 after yamato joins the crew (unless she creates her own crew and leaves on her own after the war ends)

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
bro. the rivalry isnt real. fans taking them budding heads (which is just some funny gag shyt) on some sibling shyt like they are vying to be #2 of the crew has no base when you read the story zoro is #2. always has and always will be. zoro always fights #2 of the enemy crew. zoro took luffy damage from kuma. zoro checked luffy about usopp coming back to the crew without apologizing. zoro has and always will be #2 in rank and strength. he might not even be #3 after yamato joins the crew (unless she creates her own crew and leaves on her own after the war ends)

Again you are looking at it from the readers perspective. You even referenced Zoro taking that damage from Kuma, SOMETHING SANJI DOES NOT KNOW.

It’s real to Sanji. In story, Sanji views himself as the equal to Zoro and will never concede or back down to him. If Zoro gets on conqueror level Sanji needs something that allows him to continue to believe he is every bit as good as Zoro. Robin even mentioned that Sanji is one of two wings of the future pirate king. One wing can’t be Yonkou level and the other just another guy. IMO Sanji needs top tier CoO, on demand invisibility, Germa durability, and whatever comes of the secret dna factor if he has it.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
He'll always be #3. The monster trio dynamic will always be in play. That's no longer in question. This arc has solidified that.

Again you are looking at it from the readers perspective. You even referenced Zoro taking that damage from Kuma, SOMETHING SANJI DOES NOT KNOW.

It’s real to Sanji. In story, Sanji views himself as the equal to Zoro and will never concede or back down to him. If Zoro gets on conqueror level Sanji needs something that allows him to continue to believe he is every bit as good as Zoro. Robin even mentioned that Sanji is one of two wings of the future pirate king. One wing can’t be Yonkou level and the other just another guy. IMO Sanji needs top tier CoO, on demand invisibility, Germa durability, and whatever comes of the secret dna factor if he has it.
That's the perspective Oda is writing. And Sanji knows what happened with Kuma. He heard everything Zoro was saying. And he found him afterwards. Lola's crewmates told him the rest.

Getting CoO doesn't mean Zoro is Yonkou-level. You're not automatically Yonkou-level if you have CoO. Katakuri has it and he's not at that level. I think you're underestimating him a lot here with the "just some guy" comment. He's about to take down a 1.3B beri commander from the strongest pirate crew.