Essential The Official "All Things One Piece" Thread (The Final Saga Has Started))

wise prophet

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Aight, I'ma stick with it, it's just that other anime like OP (NAruto, Bleach, HxH) have comedy, but also VERY serious situations set up and the fights (for the most part) feel serious

Here it's hard to take serious, therefore hard to care to watch but..........I do like the comedy of Lewfee and its got over 600 episodes for a reason, I'm a stick with it through the Arlong Park arc and then give my thoughts...

I feel you. I held off in reading One Piece because I took a few looks at the character design and just thought it was not good (it didn't help that 4Kids had decided to dub it). Decided to get into it since I was already reading Naruto/Bleach and close to Arlong Park I started to see why it was popular and enjoyed it. Currently, One Piece is my favorite out the three, I dropped Bleach and think Naruto is an absolute joke. I also read HxH and it's usually right there with One Piece as my favorite.

One Piece is pretty over the top and lighthearted, more so than the other series you listed. There will definitely be some characters or situations that make you go:wtf: due to its outlandishness, but the series is not afraid to tackle serious situations. Ironically, given everything that's happened in the story so far I think it's capable of being more mature than the other series. Slavery, racism, classism, corruption, betrayal, tragic deaths are some of the aspects One Piece deal with.

Also keep in mind the anime censors some of the things that happen in the manga. If the early One Piece scans weren't so fukking awful I'd have suggested you read the manga instead.

Above all tho, One Piece is an adventure manga. The locales are nothing special in the beginning but once they get to Grand Line the islands get pretty good and have a sense of rich history. If you find yourself not caring about the locale and its history you might struggle keeping up with the series.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
020_07_31_2013_08_38_40.jpg

015_10_26_2011_06_28_17.jpg

The homie Luffy getting close :to:

Last edited:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
luffy about to find out he ain't shyt compared to garp

:childplease:

Young Luffy is probably a few months away from surpassing Garp. Dude bout to throw Garp's old rival in the bushes. :smugdraper

Anyway, how do you think the tournament will go? So far we got:

Block A: Winner, Jesus Burgess
Block B: Winner, Bartolomeo
Block C: Down to Lucy and Don Chinjao
Block D: TBD - the most serious-looking participants are Cavendish (pretty boy dude that kept hating on Luffy) and Rebecca (chick in the armor who wants to beat DoFlamingo) - the rest look kind of fodder-esque

My guesses:

Block C goes to Lucy, and Rebecca wins Block D.

After that...Burgess vs. Bartolomeo, Lucy vs. Rebecca?

I think Burgess will lose on some sort of technicality and Bartolomeo will win. Lucy beats Rebecca unless he decides she's worthy of Ace's fruit and lets her win for some reason (he does seem to like her).

Objection

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
I think Cavendish got the next round. What happens after that I'm not sure. I was thinking that they may have to fight Doflamingos people next round. Doesn't he have four people in the tournament? I would like to see Luffy vs Jesus but I doubt it will go down like that. It seems like shyt out to hit the fan. Can't wait to see law get that work from Doflamingo.

teacher

All Star
Daps
:childplease:

Young Luffy is probably a few months away from surpassing Garp. Dude bout to throw Garp's old rival in the bushes. :smugdraper
).
I think luffy will win but it's gonna be extremely close and the old guy will lose when he's trying to do a move he was able to pull off when he was younger...a move that had luffy shook and a move garp probably stopped with 1 hand back in the day...type scenario...thats what I meant by he ain't shyt..he still got some growing to do...garp>rayleigh

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I think luffy will win but it's gonna be extremely close and the old guy will lose when he's trying to do a move he was able to pull off when he was younger...a move that had luffy shook and a move garp probably stopped with 1 hand back in the day...type scenario...thats what I meant by he ain't shyt..he still got some growing to do...garp>rayleigh

Luffy's gonna curb stomp dude with the elephant gatling...that's my bold prediction. I think the whole point of having Luffy face a former rival of Garp is so he can show that he's on that level now.

I think Cavendish is gonna do some foul ish to Rebecca and Luffy's gonna want to crush him. The Doflamilia still has to rock though, so the next round is definitely up in the air. I really want Luffy vs Jesus to go down.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Man, after spending three years catching up on the anime the switch to the manga is killing me with the pacing. After 20 chapters I'm still not used to how fast it's moving compared to the draggy ass anime, lol.

teacher

All Star
Daps
Luffy's gonna curb stomp dude with the elephant gatling...that's my bold prediction. I think the whole point of having Luffy face a former rival of Garp is so he can show that he's on that level now.

I think Cavendish is gonna do some foul ish to Rebecca and Luffy's gonna want to crush him. The Doflamilia still has to rock though, so the next round is definitely up in the air. I really want Luffy vs Jesus to go down.
:meh:

we shall soon seen I guess :manny:

OVERLORD

Mean Muggin
Daps
where can I catch up on this last thing I remember reading was luffy and crew got caught by vegapunk and some dude with hamburger on the side of his face?

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Chapter wasn't bad IMO.

Interesting to learn that Don Chinjao also has beef with Rayleigh. And that apparently there a quite a few people with the King's haki in the New World. Looks like we're finally getting some backstory on the "toys", and we finally found out where the factory is.

Wouldn't liked to see more of the Luffy/Don Chinjao fight, but the story progre