Essential The Official "All Things One Piece" Thread (The Final Saga Has Started))

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I think people are misunderstanding Sanji here. And why this was a good moment for his character *and* Robin's character.

A lesser character (man) would not be capable of going against their pride like that to display their trust in their friend.

sanjirobin1mjcu.jpg

Whether it was intentional or not, Sanji also got the info out that they're targeting Robin, and also exposed how their surveilling everyone/thing. Look at the reactions of the other SHs.

Marco seems to understand all this while a guy like Heat (the Kid pirate calling Sanji pathetic) doesn't.

Robin being energized by Sanji's sacrifice, smacking down Black Maria and alluding to her "devil child" epithet were great moments as well. I'm glad she's finally getting a proper fight against an important character.

Now we need to see who Sanji faces.
Yeah, people are so caught up in the dislike that they don't even see this is the final step to his resolve.

The Strawhats know and have no problem that Sanji will not fight women, as long as he has the trust in them to fight those battles for him. That's what calling for Robin truly meant, that he trusts her to beat Black Maria. Not out of weakness, but because he trusts his crew and they trust him to win the bigger fight.

Because since he is heading for Kinemon and co, and so is Jack, it looks like that's who he'll be facing off against.

Oda appears to be setting up a Sanji victory over a Yonkou commander while the rest of the Strawhats defeat the Tobi Roppo. Also note that Oda specifically makes Jack state that Black Maria would not stand a chance against the mortally wounded samurai, emphasizing that Jack is way above her level.

People who keep want to see Sanji become Zoro 2.0 need to give it up. In this chapter Oda doubled down that Sanji's weakness is not a liability to the crew, the simping will not change but he will still continue to be one of the strongest fighters in the crew.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps

another interesting tweet(s), found this while looking at his timeline.

its always been said that a OP chapter is full of events/life, and that it can cramp the chapters. This is even further emphasized when you compare OP's chapters to its big 3 peers in Naruto and Bleach(esp. Bleach)

Oda does cram so much elements, plot threads, stories, designs, and events in a chapter. Cause of that
1 OP chapter = to that of 2 Naruto chapters/ or 3 DB chapters(given how DB chapters were on avg shorter) or 4 Bleach chapters:pachaha:

doesnt mean its better tho:whoa:, just interesting to point out.

At times I like Bleach/Kubo for his Spacious and minimalistic art. But sometimes I prefer Oda/One Piece's more lively and comical style and his approach.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

The bottom frame sums it up. Sanji cannot beat up a woman so the others will do it for him. In return he will fight the battles the others cannot win.

It's that simple. :manny:

Yes I’m fine with it and assume sanji will go have fights with commanders and win Sanji is the utility man of the straw hats he had many roles just one is strong fighter. His dream doesn’t even require him to be strong tbh but “Zolo” can’t ever achieve his without being strong

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps

The bottom frame sums it up. Sanji cannot beat up a woman so the others will do it for him. In return he will fight the battles the others cannot win.

the dynamic of the SHs that function similar to a RPG team of having your magician(Nami), swordsman(Zoro), martial artist(Sanji, and Jimbei) etc. Is what makes them neat

sanji cant fight women not cause he weak but just cause, so Women like nami and robin valuable. On top of their role as navigator(and nami can feel the wheather) and Robin's knowledge on history. Makes them extrememly valuable people to the crew.

It's not talked about enough, but having roles in OP and it being a pirate series helps keeps its characters important. Because each role from sniper, musician, etc is important and have their own exclusive abilties in their role to help the crew. even if they dont get a fight.(see Usopp in dressrosa and his sniper abilties)

whereas in Dragonball, everyone(save for Bulma) in the z fighters or part of the team is a martial artist so everyone's role is the same which is power/strength so if your not strong or up to par your pretty useless hence the role early DB characters play now

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Yea as pathetic as the scene was it plays into the overall theme of the Strawhats approach to teamwork. Those moments feel like callbacks to this conversation imo

Non cannon (?) but one of the best character moments between the crew

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

I mean, people can justify Sanji's simping if they want but ultimately he's still a liability to his crew.

What if Big Mom pulls up? Or the Marines send a female Vice Admiral? He's just gonna stand there and let himself be killed? :scust:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Marco is that dude fam!!!

I'm guessing Sanji goes for Momo, he's destined to simp Yamato...plus there's already a hidden figure with the other samurai.

Not gonna front, Chopper vs Perospero is randomly on my wishlist now.

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I mean, people can justify Sanji's simping if they want but ultimately he's still a liability to his crew.

What if Big Mom pulls up? Or the Marines send a female Vice Admiral? He's just gonna stand there and let himself be killed? :scust:

:cape:Folks capping for him too much, if this wasn't one piece, y'all be in his ass. nikka is a liability and it's sad because cake island is actually a decent art to fiill him out.