Essential The Official "All Things One Piece" Thread (The Final Saga Has Started))

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
GOATda :wow:

This is why Kaido can't kill himself even by jumping into water.

GOATda :wow:
when was it stated that he tried killing himself in water?

kaido is not immortal, hes just so hard to cut/hurt Oden showed that with the power(and right weapon via Enma)

hes just nigh invincible you can say, but someone who is near invincble can be killed just need the power

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
One thing EVERYONE keeps mistaking is what Big Mom called Kaidos DF. We've seen how all the Ancient zoans are called

''Dragon Dragon fruit: model Ancient Dinosaur'' but none of them are Dragons.

Same with Kaidos Mythical Fish Fish fruit. it could simply be ''Fish Fish Fruit: Mythical Ancient Dragon: Model Ryuijin''

Which means he was never a carp he just had the Dragon model. similar to the Hito hito (Human human) that chopper and sengoku have.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
One thing EVERYONE keeps mistaking is what Big Mom called Kaidos DF. We've seen how all the Ancient zoans are called

Same with Kaidos Mythical Fish Fish fruit. it could simply be ''Fish Fish Fruit: Mythical Ancient Dragon: Model Ryuijin''

Which means he was never a carp he just had the Dragon model. similar to the Hito hito (Human human) that chopper and sengoku have.
Yeah i think its obvious that Oda is just playing off the Kaoi fish mythology and has it as Fish fish. But its a dragon power

The magikarp jokes are funny tho, So no hurt in some laughs

Samson

Wholesome Black Man
Daps
Reppin
Haitian Gang

Yeah i think its obvious that Oda is just playing off the Kaoi fish mythology and has it as Fish fish. But its a dragon power

The magikarp jokes are funny tho, So no hurt in some laughs

I follow a bunch of One Piece youtubers, so I forgot who had the theory that Kaido's fruit is the koi koi fruit but the dragon transformation is the awakened version of the fruit, it's regular base form is just a fish lol

I like the idea, awakening a fruit seems like it could be a hard process and the koi climbing the waterfall was a hard process.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
I follow a bunch of One Piece youtubers, so I forgot who had the theory that Kaido's fruit is the koi koi fruit but the dragon transformation is the awakened version of the fruit, it's regular base form is just a fish lol

I like the idea, awakening a fruit seems like it could be a hard process and the koi climbing the waterfall was a hard process.
reason i dont believe that is because i dont think the mythology and nuance to the fruit is meant to be literal
i think its more figurative with the whole idea of wano from its beginning rising like a Koi fish to finally reaching its destination in a dragon(kaido)
the labeling of these fruits like Orochi's with snakes(snake snake) the dinosaurs with dragons(dragon dragon) is weird

but its clear there is some factor in it to have them labeled the way they are by him.

but nah i think @Still FloW had it right. his powers are that of a dragon despite having it be called fish fish

same reason why Sengoku's df is him being buddha despite being called human human.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
when i think about it, i think it just comes down to some superficial reasoning and just whatever he feels like by oda

humanoids = human human

orochi's fruit = snake

Kaidos = Fish

i think this comes down to superficial feats and just due to the whimiscal nature of Oda and whatever he feels like labeling them. so its prolly not that deep

The Minister Of Culture

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

I also heard the theory that his fruit is based on the japanese folk tale about the koi fish climbing a waterfall for 100 years and the gods transformed it into a dragon for its labor and dedication.

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box

How would a fish zoan DF be useful to a yonkou ?? even the most absurb DF's we've seen are somewhat useful. A fish DF has absolute no use on land

Samson

Wholesome Black Man
Daps
Reppin
Haitian Gang
How would a fish zoan DF be useful to a yonkou ?? even the most absurb DF's we've seen are somewhat useful. A fish DF has absolute no use on land
What do you mean? Kaido's fruit is a fish zoan devil fruit :beli:
It is useful, obviously. I just do not think the mythical part of the fruit is available from the start.
If you give the fruit to a random character, they are not going to be able to go Dragon just because. The dragon part needs to be awakened. That's what makes it powerful.
Just like the Koi mythology, the power has to be earned.
That's my head canon :manny:

Cadillac could be right, the mythology and nuance to the fruit aren't meant to be literal.

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
What do you mean? Kaido's fruit is a fish zoan devil fruit :beli:
It is useful, obviously. I just do not think the mythical part of the fruit is available from the start.
If you give the fruit to a random character, they are not going to be able to go Dragon just because. The dragon part needs to be awakened. That's what makes it powerful.
Just like the Koi mythology, the power has to be earned.
That's my head canon :manny:

Cadillac could be right, the mythology and nuance to the fruit aren't meant to be literal.

makes zero sense.. please tell me how a fish zoan transformation would work.. please im waiting.. a mythical one at that, not those regular bullshyt knockoffs we seen throughout the series.

every mythical fruit we've seen so far has been GODBODY and you wanna sit here and say a fish zoan is workable :dahell:

Samson

Wholesome Black Man
Daps
Reppin
Haitian Gang
makes zero sense.. please tell me how a fish zoan transformation would work.. please im waiting.. a mythical one at that, not those regular bullshyt knockoffs we seen throughout the series.

every mythical fruit we've seen so far has been GODBODY and you wanna sit here and say a fish zoan is workable :dahell:
A fish fruit would look like a regular fishmen. Think Arlong or Jinbei. :gucci:
I don't need to sit here and say anything. Big Mom said "I gave you that Legendary Model of the Fish-Fish fruit".
VIZ: Read One Piece, Chapter 999 Manga - Official Shonen Jump From Japan
Other models of the fish-fish fruit exist that isn't mythical.

Marco has a mythical Bird-Bird Fruit Model: Phoenix
Pell had a regular Bird-Bird Fruit Model: Falcon

Sengoku has a mythical Human-Human Fruit Model: Buddha
Chopper has a regular Human-Human Fruit

Orochi has a mythical Snake-Snake Fruit Model: Yamata no Orochi
Boa's sisters have regular Snake-Snake Fruits

Why are you going against the logic that already exists in the story?

Last edited: