Essential The Official "All Things One Piece" Thread (The Final Saga Has Started))

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
The anime might get back into my good graces tho. Check out the Wano trailer

They got a new anime director. If that animation is at least half consistent throughout the rest of the series that would be fire.

The new anime director is the guy who did One Piece Film: Z and Dragon Ball Super: Broly. I think they are leveling up on the production since Wano is One Piece's take on Japanese history and lore so it is a very big deal there.

And I know many folks have been complaining about the handling of the Reverie but all those current flashbacks are basically so they don't have to do a filler arc before heading into Wano like they normally do after each Manga saga.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Anime pacing is WOAT. It's like late Frieza saga DBZ but for over 10 years running now. After Enies Lobby Toei got tired of getting low ratings for 10 episode filler arcs so to get around it they just started slowing things down like crazy to avoid catching the manga. That way filler arcs only need to be a couple of episodes. Also why they started doing one hour specials and stuff too.

shyt's agonizing. shyt's not even 1:1 anymore :why: . They'll take like 8 out of the 13 pages and stretch it all out to 1 episode :martin: . Of course I've heard Oda's made the pacing of the chapters more frenetic and all over the place to help the anime episodes be more active rather than littered with dead air, and also having stuff occur off screen so the anime can do it themselves and stretch things out more.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Anime pacing is WOAT. It's like late Frieza saga DBZ but for over 10 years running now. After Enies Lobby Toei got tired of getting low ratings for 10 episode filler arcs so to get around it they just started slowing things down like crazy to avoid catching the manga. That way filler arcs only need to be a couple of episodes. Also why they started doing one hour specials and stuff too.

shyt's agonizing. shyt's not even 1:1 anymore :why: . They'll take like 8 out of the 13 pages and stretch it all out to 1 episode :martin: . Of course I've heard Oda's made the pacing of the chapters more frenetic and all over the place to help the anime episodes be more active rather than littered with dead air, and also having stuff occur off screen so the anime can do it themselves and stretch things out more.

One Piece is one of the few animes where I wish they would just do a filler arc or two.

That way when they get back to canon they don't have to pace it so slowly. Either that or make it biweekly.

Tim Dripcan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Queen....
tenor.gif

Humbled his ass real quick. :russ:

Hawkins power is that dangerous. Don’t know how Law finna get out of that mess.

Simpin ain’t easy Sanji :umad:

One of Orochi subordinates kinda look like he empty seven from Afro Samurai
13150409b27ec0c1aabe34c9adffe19a--afro-samurai-kungfu.jpg

Wonder what Ashura is up. This chapter was :banderas:

teacher

All Star
Daps
I doubt Big Mom one shotted Queen with that. Gear 4 at least forced Big Mom to use Haki lets see what fat boy can do. :coffee:

Last edited:

brickflair

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
damn i really thought the amnesia was gon nerf big mom a lil, i love queens design i wonder if he's gon have similar techniques to kaku. Oda is on a wild streak lately next chapter gon be even more fire, i wanna see kamatsu or some of the other yakuza thats locked in the prison next chapter