Essential The Official "All Things One Piece" Thread (The Final Saga Has Started))

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No lie, I feel like he let him have it
Fight didn't build up luffy's win properly, you never feel like he was gaining the upper hand to finish katakuri like that when Kata has been beating on him for hours over a dozen chapters.
still that fight was off the chains outside of that

It's a weird fight to call, they both blacked on the last attack. Kata just fell last as luffy was leaving

Luffy got KO'd like 2 or 3 times Kata twice

Last edited:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Fight didn't build up luffy's win properly, you never feel like he was gaining the upper hand to finish katakuri like that when Kata has been beating on him for hours over a dozen chapters.

It's a weird fight to call, they both blacked on the last attack. Kata just fell last as luffy was leaving

I'm looking at it like Luffy just took a gang of L's. Every time he ran off, it's like a loss but he'd come back a little better. So this dude just spent hours taking like 20 losses to get that one W when he finally inched past Katakuri. I'm prolly reaching to make the conclusion work better though.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
I'm looking at it like Luffy just took a gang of L's. Every time he ran off, it's like a loss but he'd come back a little better. So this dude just spent hours taking like 20 losses to get that one W when he finally inched past Katakuri. I'm prolly reaching to make the conclusion work better though.
no that seems right, Luffy was getting his ass beat, then pulled through and got the W
cant wait to see the reaction of the other BM members

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
The final exchange between Katakuri and Luffy said it all. Katakuri realized that Luffy's proclamation of becoming the pirate king is not a wish, it is something he wills and his will is pure strength.

Also, the reason the fight seemed to lack a definite moment of Luffy besting Katakuri was because Luffy was fighting the entire time simply to become his equal. In every other fight Snakeman would've been the part where Luffy got the edge and beat his opponent (think Tankman for Cracker), here it was what allowed Luffy to finally compete with Katakuri in the first place. After that it became a fight to see who would outlast the other.

HoloGraphic

Trillionaire
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto

Luffy like I took like 20 L's but then Snakeman bounced back :wow::gladbron:

The final exchange between Katakuri and Luffy said it all. Katakuri realized that Luffy's proclamation of becoming the pirate king is not a wish, it is something he wills and his will is pure strength.

Also, the reason the fight seemed to lack a definite moment of Luffy besting Katakuri was because Luffy was fighting the entire time simply to become his equal. In every other fight Snakeman would've been the part where Luffy got the edge and beat his opponent (think Tankman for Cracker), here it was what allowed Luffy to finally compete with Katakuri in the first place. After that it became a fight to see who would outlast the other.

I would have been cool with Luffy taking the L, Katakuri taking him thru the mirror, and another fight with SH v BM. But seeing GodTooth make that snow angel :lolbron:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I'm actually surprised Luffy saw through the disguise. I expected another oblivious Sogeking reaction.

True. That said, One Piece characters be killing me with their silly ass disguises. :pachaha:

Sogeking
Lucy
Gangster Gastino
Mysteroms

They should have at least one character make up an alias every arc, it's legit funny.

Luken

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto/ Jersey / ATL / LA / Panoramic Roofs

im saying, at least in the lucci and do'flo fight, it was more organic/ believable

Luffys back touched the ground like 10x in this scrap.

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
I think the flashback gives a clue to what the power is.. they wer talking about ''sensing'' aura or emotion or shyt

Now Luffy is at a point with his Kenbunshoku where he can almost see where Dogtooths moves are coming from.

If anime has taught us anything, anytime a snake like power is introduced, its usualy for either ''poison or sensing'' ala Kabuto

so in other words, I think snake man increases or heightens his senses and allows him to manoeuvre in a snake like way

Guess i was right :wow:

and :wow: @ Gomu Gomu no ''Black Mamba''

Dogtooth tanked that shyt real quick tho :mjlol:

dont like the way he lost. fake Win. ZoGAWD would never yield like this smh

teacher

All Star
Daps
The thing is Katakuri saw the future and basically saw he wasn’t going to win and he even saw he was going to beat Big Mom and become Pirate King so he threw in the towel. This has to be one of the most legitamite wins Luffy has gotten in the entire series literally no what ifs.