Essential The Official "All Things One Piece" Thread (The Final Saga Has Started))

Daps
Smoker took L's against legitimate foes. 1 of which was purposeful. Coby just showed off on a inanimate object.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Smoker took L's against legitimate foes. 1 of which was purposeful. Coby just showed off on a inanimate object.

While I agree that there's clear difference in quality of opponents...New World Record for Smoker 0-2, Coby 1-0...:snoop:

Smoker's my dude, but he hasn't shown me a damned thing lately. Like every other character shows huge improvement and he just looks the same. I liken it to Byakuya getting wrecked...that's my dude, I'm a huge fan, but this is just sad.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Shanks makes sense when you think about it...He'll teach these cats what it takes and end up being an ally. Nothing on the silhouette from last week though...wtf! Aokiji, get in there!

coriclue

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Law said that "if you don't stop them from eating, THEY will capture us". I think aside from some marines, Law knew that there are some powerful people that will come for them. "Kaidou of the hundred beasts" . Either that reference to his power or he is the yonkou that Caesar mentioned that leads army of zoans.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Seems like nikkas are saying this after every arc lately.

It makes sense, the arc where the straw hats met back up and were traveling was sorta necessary but everyone was impatient because they wanted to see the straw hat improvements.

The arc on Fishman Island had some potential but when everyone realized that these cats weren't threats, it lost all its luster and we wanted to move on to big dogs.

This arc dragged on and we had another pushover antagonist. It was still entertaining and all that, but when you're watching Caesar get beat up while you've been teased with big Mom, taking down an emperor soon and Doflamingo on horizon...you can't help but get impatient. The keys for the past two arcs though, were establishing a lot of big plot points and building momentum. Luffy has a major ally, a major target, two big time enemies (potentially three with Dofla's ally), a potential new strawhat (that samurai is either joining up or will play a role in the future bet) and a major revelation (what one of the great weapons is). Now when Luffy gets to an island with Dofla, Big Mom or Shanks...we gon' be eating good from jump because the relationships are established somewhat.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
It makes sense, the arc where the straw hats met back up and were traveling was sorta necessary but everyone was impatient because they wanted to see the straw hat improvements.

The arc on Fishman Island had some potential but when everyone realized that these cats weren't threats, it lost all its luster and we wanted to move on to big dogs.

This arc dragged on and we had another pushover antagonist. It was still entertaining and all that, but when you're watching Caesar get beat up while you've been teased with big Mom, taking down an emperor soon and Doflamingo on horizon...you can't help but get impatient. The keys for the past two arcs though, were establishing a lot of big plot points and building momentum. Luffy has a major ally, a major target, two big time enemies (potentially three with Dofla's ally), a potential new strawhat (that samurai is either joining up or will play a role in the future bet) and a major revelation (what one of the great weapons is). Now when Luffy gets to an island with Dofla, Big Mom or Shanks...we gon' be eating good from jump because the relationships are established somewhat.
WHich weapon, I forget. Someone also said something about one of Smoker's Ls being intentional.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
WHich weapon, I forget. Someone also said something about one of Smoker's Ls being intentional.

The Mermaid princess that can call Sea Kings is Poseidon I think it was.

As for Smoker's intentional L...the theory is that he got his ass kicked by Vergo because he was just trying to grab Law's heart. But my thinking in retrospect is if Smoker thought he could win, he'd have won the fight and took the heart afterward so he was acknowledging that he can't beat Vergo and that Law can in one action. He would have put up a better fight though.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Luffy going after Kaido already? :leon:

Damn, Luffy just stepped foot in the New World and already got beef with two emperors and DoFlamingo. :laugh:

Anybody think that the next arc will be Wano (where the samurai and shyt live)?

I figure they have to take the Samurai and his son home. Plus I think Zoro wants to go there since they have strong swordsman.

Shanks makes sense when you think about it...He'll teach these cats what it takes and end up being an ally. Nothing on the silhouette from last week though...wtf! Aokiji, get in there!

Actually (according to the mangastream trans) Law said he wanted Kaido.

Luffy was just a little disappointed that it wasn't Shanks.

Kid-Wave

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL

This is what it feels like, everything is being set-up, Straw Hats still haven't faced any major challenges, but they keep hearing about them. And Zoro is definitely interested in the Samurai's techniques, but I don't think he will join them, the Samurai's probly have an island they will reach down the road.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Luffy going after Kaido already? :leon:

Damn, Luffy just stepped foot in the New World and already got beef with two emperors and DoFlamingo. :laugh:

Anybody think that the next arc will be Wano (where the samurai and shyt live)?

I figure they have to take the Samurai and his son home. Plus I think Zoro wants to go there since they have strong swordsman.

I'm a huge fan of samurai ish but I wouldn't want to see an extended arc on a samurai island...too one dimensional. I love OP because of the multiple unique DF powers. If they go to the samurai island, I would hope it's a short bit like the dueling giants one. Zoro picking up the fire sword techniques would be ill.

Actually (according to the mangastream trans) Law said he wanted Kaido.

Luffy was just a little disappointed that it wasn't Shanks.

Word, I shoulda read a better translation. The one I read was really strange with the wording. Made it sound like Luffy said "alright let's go get Shanks" whereas Law's Kaido comment was really vague.

I wouldn't mind that though, a ton of DF fruit users coming at these cats and Doflamingo tie-ins seem pretty obvious. I also wouldn't mind an arc focusing on where the hell Law's crew is instead. And there's still the mystery man floating right by punk hazard...tha's gotta be something.