Essential The Official "All Things One Piece" Thread (The Final Saga Has Started))

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Some timeline info from the new "Z" databook in Japan. Nothing super important but we get some info about Z (the villain of the new OP movie) as well as some of the other marines.

That means whoever cut Z's arm off joined the Shichibukai recently, so it's probably a new character.

Akainu is 55
Kizaru is 58
Kuzan (Aokiji) is 49

Looks like Akainu and Kizaru were already extremely powerful before they even joined the marines.

Someone promoted to Shichibukai during the time skip then? I'd laugh if it was everyone's favorite clown tbh.

Edit: Law makes sense though.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Some interesting stuff from a newspaper article where they interviewed Oda and two of his editors.

imgbox - fast, simple image host

I don't have a translation of the entire article, but apparently they said One Piece is about 60% complete.

Accoding to a translator:

Reading the two editors interview couple of interesting notes

- Both editors testify they get scolded by Oda sometimes.
- Apparently when an editor is assigned to Oda, one of the first thing they experience is Oda telling them all the major secrets of One Piece, up to and incluing the end. (!!!)

The editor said as a reader of OP, it's somewhat saddening to learn all the spoilers ahead of time. I can see that.

When asked what sucks about being editors, they both testified Oda's obsessive perfectionist attitude getting in the way of deadline lol.
Apparently just the other day, Oda missed the deadline and it was hell getting the chapter in time. Oda's attitude is "The chapter is done when it's done".

As for editoral inputs, Oda mostly uses the editors as "first readers to read his work". He observe the reaction of the editors as a measure of how the readers would react. They testify they don't contibute much to Oda's work, since neither of them have anywhere near the talent Oda has, and it's sometimes painful that they can only stand by and wait, unable to help, when deadline is pressing.

Hattori says the most memorable scene of OP (for the chapters he was editing) was Sabo's comment about ashamed of his birth as a noble, and Dragon's shocked reaction to have such a young child come to that conclusion. It really drove home how talented a story writer he is.

Damn, being an editor would suck. Having all the plot twists and the ending spoiled years before it happens.. :sadcam:

Daps
Someone promoted to Shichibukai during the time skip then? I'd laugh if it was everyone's favorite clown tbh.

Edit: Law makes sense though.

he got his arm cut off like 8 years prior to them joining the Shichibukai... was Law even runnin' shyt then?

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Nah, whoever cut dude's arm off is new. Remember, whoever cut Z's arm off did it like 9 years ago, but only became a Shichibukai over the timeskip.

It wasn't Law because he's too young, it wasn't Buggy because we would have heard about it before the timeskip (nobody who cut off an Admiral's arm would only have a $15M bounty) and it wasn't Mihawk because he was already a Shichibukai.

Has to be somebody new.

Daps
Nah, whoever cut dude's arm off is new. Remember, whoever cut Z's arm off did it like 9 years ago, but only became a Shichibukai over the timeskip.

It wasn't Law because he's too young, it wasn't Buggy because we would have heard about it before the timeskip (nobody who cut off an Admiral's arm would only have a $15M bounty) and it wasn't Mihawk because he was already a Shichibukai.

Has to be somebody new.

So there is a new Shichibukai aside from Law and (we assume) Buggy? Because I can really see Buggy turning down the Shichibukai offer.

Now that I think about it... the Shichibukai we know are:

Doflo
Mihawk
Law
Boa Hancock
Buggy(?)

there are still 2 slots left because Kuma was in bad shape last we saw. Croc and Blackbeard said fukk it during the war...

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
So there is a new Shichibukai aside from Law and (we assume) Buggy? Because I can really see Buggy turning down the Shichibukai offer.

Now that I think about it... the Shichibukai we know are:

Doflo
Mihawk
Law
Boa Hancock
Buggy(?)

there are still 2 slots left because Kuma was in bad shape last we saw. Croc and Blackbeard said fukk it during the war...

Exactly. There were three open spots after the war (Croc, Blackbeard, and Jinbei). We know Law took one spot, and it's heavily hinted that Buggy got one.

So even if Kuma is still a Shichibukai, there's still a slot open. That means there's at least one new Shichibukai we don't know about.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Here's something that somebody on another board posted that's pretty...interesting.

It's from the One Piece Film Z OST and the name of the piece is..."Kaidou".

Kind of sounds like a church choir or hymn. I also think I read somewhere that Kaidou's name means "church" or something like that. Maybe it's a hint that Kaidou is some kind of religion-themed pirate?

Last edited by a moderator:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
he got his arm cut off like 8 years prior to them joining the Shichibukai... was Law even runnin' shyt then?

Damn, good point.

Has to be somebody new.

I feel like it'd be weird for Oda to introduce a brand new character into such a major role...dude always introduces characters before boosting them to important roles. But yeah, considering Buggy's low reputation, Mihawk not being possible and Law being a teenager at the time....must be a new guy.

The editor's stuff is interesting as hell, it must be insane to find out all of that's left to know...Oda is a brilliant man, the only cat I see with potential in challenging him is SIU but it's way too early for all that jazz.

Objection

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
I just watched the first three episodes and was surprised how good it was. I had to stop watching naruto because their filler was ass. Another reason OP > naruto

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
As if running from the gas beast wasn't getting old enough, now we have a self-destruct sequence coming!? I hope that Law took care of it ahead of time...it's time for this damned arc to conclude...though watching Franky's beast mode work was dope, had the cats asking "is that a pacafista!?"