Essential The Official "All Things One Piece" Thread (The Final Saga Has Started))

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
018.jpg

This fan art :wow:

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
Never watched one piece, i know its up there on shounen mt rushmore with the likes of DBZ and Naruto which I have watched. Should I get into this or nah...the amount of episodes is intimidating
its a great manga but Gomu Gomu has got to be one of the most :scust: ability ever given to a MC.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
its a great manga but Gomu Gomu has got to be one of the most :scust: ability ever given to a MC.

Eh, it's ok...besides, you can't give the main character an ability that's too overpowered, otherwise none of his opponents would be a challenge.

And let's be reality, Luffy is really creative with it.

jdashmaj

Sixers/Bulls Fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Jersey in a new jersey

Eh, it's ok...besides, you can't give the main character an ability that's too overpowered, otherwise none of his opponents would be a challenge.

And let's be reality, Luffy is really creative with it.
Yeah I rather Luffy not be overpowered like Kenshiro or Goku, he has to go out and be creative to beat opponents.

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
Yeah I rather Luffy not be overpowered like Kenshiro or Goku, he has to go out and be creative to beat opponents.
it doesn't have to be overpowered but that gomu gomu sht is corny as fukk :scust:

and i'll never understand manga/anime fans who complain about main characters being too smart, too overpowered...Non-OP MC doesn't equal great writing or character development.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I've said it before, Doffy is pretty much Yonkou level, but once you join the Shichibukai your bounty gets frozen and that gives off the wrong idea. The best example of course being Crocodile, who has one of the lowest bounties in the Shichibukai simply because he was so dangerous as a rookie that they scooped him up as soon as possible.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
[...]
Plus we got to see the limitations of Gear 4th as well as the introduction of the Devil Fruit Awakening (which immediately explains why Doflamingo's abilities were so diverse), although I'm now reading that apparently Crocodile was the first to make mention of such an ability way during the Impel Down arc.
What is that exactly ?

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
What is that exactly ?

Well, it hasn't been fully explained yet but it seems to be an ability that pushes beyond the normal limits of Devil Fruits. Doflamingo has awakened his Fruit's powers to the point he can turn nearby objects into string as well, thus exceeding the physical capabilities it gives to the user of Paramecia Fruits (who normally can only transform their bodies).

Crocodile mentioned that the jailer beasts of Impel Down were awakened Zoan users, implying that for Zoan users it pushes their animal transformation into an even more extreme animalistic form (kinda like Chopper's Monster form). Fans are now also speculating that both Akainu and Aokiji have awakened Devil Fruit abilities, hence why they were able to transform Punk Hazard into a wasteland of fire and ice the way they did.

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Whelp, that's quite the predicament. Would be a good time to awaken a certain ability and turn that bird cage into some soft harmless rubber. :troll:

It also seems Fujitora was noticing something happening up top in the bird cage though on the last page. :patrice:

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
Whelp, that's quite the predicament. Would be a good time to awaken a certain ability and turn that bird cage into some soft harmless rubber. :troll:

It also seems Fujitora was noticing something happening up top in the bird cage though on the last page. :patrice:

I think it's the princess's healing power in effect. I think Luffy is about to get his equivalent of a senzu bean.

:pachaha:Doffy's pissed. You reckon they'll put him in Impel Down?

Not before Luffy puts him six feet under :birdman:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
One more chapter of buying time (possibly completing the Sabo fight and tower dropping...maybe even the bird cage) and then we'll get Luffy v Doflamingo finale after that is my guess.