Essential The Official "All Things One Piece" Thread (The Final Saga Has Started))

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
At first I thought it was a bit silly, but once he went to work on Doffy I was sold

I'm still a bit confused as to what he actually did to initiate the Gear though :patrice:

There are pretty reasonable explanations for G2 and G3, but what did he actually do to his body this time? Maybe I just didn't understand the translation well enough

Well, the exact workings still have to be explained but it seems like a combo of G2 and G3 where he superheats AND blows up his muscles (rather than just speeding up his blood flow and blowing up his limbs) which causes them to become extremely flexible, increasing his muscular power tenfold.

Not a fan of the look btw. I never liked Nightmare Luffy's look either, bloated Luffy just looks terrible.

Switch

All Star
Daps
Not really feeling G4 design, shyt is powerful as hell tho

Sent Doffy flying for days :ehh:

Doffy has to pull out the big guns now :steviej:

ReggieFlare

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ITGang
Yeah, I'm with you there. I'm also sure this isn't Luffy's final form.

Word. I'm sure plenty of peeps are disappointed with the design of this Gear but Luffy is going to have to pull out more tricks to beat the big dogs, so more is probably on the way

It's weird...he looks goofy but at the same time it's badass. Then again, that pretty much sums up Luffy's character :manny:

Last edited:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I'm disappointed in the model, but the attacks looks great so I can't hate. Doffy won't go down so easily so I'm eager to see how he responds...wait did someone say ANOTHER break!?

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
You know, Doffy has said that the flaw all of Luffy's enemies have had so far is that they underestimate him. Ironically, he did the same thing this chapter :ufdup:

He underestimated him from the start. Luffy was all up in his palace while Doffy was still thinking he was competing in the Coliseum and shyt.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
lol none of the fan-fiction drawings and artwork imagining what Gear 4 looks like is nowhere close to what Gear 4 really was. This one is my fav tho:

Looking straight from Africa with that vulcanized rubber form.
maxresdefault.jpg