Essential The Official "All Things One Piece" Thread (The Final Saga Has Started))

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
6ZaZVf.png

X Drake has those same sideburns. :ehh:

Breh explain the connection here :ohhh:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Yeah when this last chapter of Naruto post I'm coming back home to One Piece. Need something to fill in that gap so why not? Rotation will probably be Akame ga Kill!, Attack on Titan, Bleach, and One Piece. The first two pending me catching up on the anime first.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Yeah when this last chapter of Naruto post I'm coming back home to One Piece. Need something to fill in that gap so why not? Rotation will probably be Akame ga Kill!, Attack on Titan, Bleach, and One Piece. The first two pending me catching up on the anime first.

There might be quite a bit of catching up to do depending on where you left off, but you picked an extremely good place to get back in. :wow:

BTW, how is Akame ga Kill? I'm thinking about starting it.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
There might be quite a bit of catching up to do depending on where you left off, but you picked an extremely good place to get back in. :wow:

Best new Manga in a while fam. It's the opposite of One Piece in that the mangaka is determined to kill everybody, you never know if a character is gonna survive a battle. Plot is strong, the powers are crazy varied and interesting, art is quality and fight scenes are entertaining. Start that ish, I started a few weeks back and I'm almost caught up which is depressing.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

Is the anime worth watching post-time skip? If not I'm just gonna download the chapters on my iPad and begin reading them. That's where I left off at. the time skip.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Best new Manga in a while fam. It's the opposite of One Piece in that the mangaka is determined to kill everybody, you never know if a character is gonna survive a battle. Plot is strong, the powers are crazy varied and interesting, art is quality and fight scenes are entertaining. Start that ish, I started a few weeks back and I'm almost caught up which is depressing.

Thanks breh, I'll have to check that out. :obama:

Is the anime worth watching post-time skip? If not I'm just gonna download the chapters on my iPad and begin reading them. That's where I left off at. the time skip.

Ehh...depends, there are certain things in the manga that I thought were cool and went back to watch in the anime, but other than that probably not. I'd maybe watch the very first mini-arc after the timeskip (when the crew reunites) and then switch to the manga when they get to Fishman Island.

It's not really that the anime is that BAD per se, but it's hella slow paced. They usually only cover one chapter per episode (to avoid catching up to the manga) so you can imagine how much things get dragged out. The problem is that the anime runs way too close to the manga. Right now the anime is in the middle of Dressrosa, yet Dressrosa isn't even over in the manga, so they always have to stall for time.

My suggestion -

-Watch the anime until they get to Fishman Island (it's only a couple episodes) and then switch to the manga. Check out the anime for any fights/moments you want to see animated.

-Once you catch up to the current arc (Dressrosa) it might be worth watching the anime until you get to the latest episode; from what I've seen the anime has done a pretty good job with Dressrosa (still slow-paced though).

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
The anime is the incarnation of shyt especially Dressorosa and the majority of fans agree.
Don't listen to him, read the manga.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
The anime is the incarnation of shyt especially Dressorosa and the majority of fans agree.
Don't listen to him, read the manga.

^Hates any anime adaptation of anything

But I'd mostly agree. Some of the fights are definitely worth watching tho.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Damn, talk about terrible luck. I usually don't like that kinda serendipity (for Dofla at least) but it worked here. I just realized that Corazon's power (nagi-nagi) is really similar to Bartolomeo's (Bari-Bari) power. I wonder if that was done on purpose (introducing two characters with such similar DF abilities).

It's lookin' like we'll get back to the present after next week, I can't see this carrying much longer. I appreciate the background, but I do feel ready to see Law get his revenge. I may even rewatch the Vergo fight.