Essential The Official "All Things One Piece" Thread (The Final Saga Has Started))

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
After a convo I had with a homie, thought I'd ask this.

If y'all had to chose one. Strong devil fruit or be a haki expert?

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I don't know how to swim :guilty:

But I'd still go with learning haki. If I'm going to be a pirate, I'd learn how to swim. Seastone weakness and avoiding a fall into water seems like a hassle.

Greenstrings

All Star
Daps
Aokiji_Ice_Age.gif

Cᵣₐₛₕ&ₜₕₑCₒᵤₚ

____ exposing themselves
Daps
Both are essential but if I'm on my Whitebeard/Blackbeard steeze no f***'s are given about some spiritual energy :wow:

I think Blackbeard is gonna change the game far as villains go this second half. He so b****made but at the same time such a scoundrel opportunist it's so piff :banderas:

Darkness by itself was so savage but now you add in the gura gura and a dope zoan he probably has now :wtf:

I'm rolling with the fruit breh :manny:

wise prophet

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Haki expert, easily. A DF, even a really good one, is only as great as its user. Take Luffy's fruit for example. By itself rubber powers pretty lame, but because Luffy is such a skilled fighter he's able to utilize the fruit in a way not many others would have been capable of. I mean look at Gears, how many people would have thought to develop that due to having a rubber body. Now let's look at Foxy. His fruit is potentially one of the most broken in the series (the ability to manipulate time), yet this dude is such a lame he can only use the basic levels. Buggy is another one who has a great fruit but because he's weak doesn't utilize its true potential (although that may change now that he's a Shichibukai)

Being a haki expert automatically means my natural abilities are greater than that of a normal human. All of the strongest characters in the One Piece world are able to expertly use haki. Also if I do happen to run into a DF I'm already that much stronger.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

:patrice:

If I was living in the One Piece world, probably haki. I mean a logia is great if you just want to fukk around in East Blue/Paradise, but just having a good DF won't cut it in New World. You go into the New World feeling yourself because you got a good Devil Fruit and you'll get got. Ask Caribou or Smoker.

Or Ace :sadbron:

If I was planning to go to the New World then I'd want to know haki for sure. It seems like you can only get so far with DF powers before you reach a glass ceiling you can't break w/o haki. You can be a top tier without a Devil Fruit (ask Shanks/Garp/Rayleigh/Mihawk/etc) but I don't think you can compete with the big dogs if you can't use haki.

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Haki expert, easily. A DF, even a really good one, is only as great as its user. Take Luffy's fruit for example. By itself rubber powers pretty lame, but because Luffy is such a skilled fighter he's able to utilize the fruit in a way not many others would have been capable of. I mean look at Gears, how many people would have thought to develop that due to having a rubber body. Now let's look at Foxy. His fruit is potentially one of the most broken in the series (the ability to manipulate time), yet this dude is such a lame he can only use the basic levels. Buggy is another one who has a great fruit but because he's weak doesn't utilize its true potential (although that may change now that he's a Shichibukai)

Being a haki expert automatically means my natural abilities are greater than that of a normal human. All of the strongest characters in the One Piece world are able to expertly use haki. Also if I do happen to run into a DF I'm already that much stronger.

Well thought out response. Dap coming. You raise a good point about about expertise in haki being compared to general strong devil fruit. I'm choosing expertise every time too. Now, are you choosing haki (thats only as good as you make it) or any devil fruit (thats as good as you make it)? I can think of a few fruits (assuming I mastered them) I'd rather have than expert haki use. Light light fruit, black hole, that time one...maybe even the door door...

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
Reality is he still going to lose in that condition :yeshrug:

Don is such a troll. I can't wait to hear the explanation on how he lost his head and reattached it.

Unless dude can steal fruits and stole Laws ability :krs: But he didn't call room though :patrice:

Don is such a troll. He knows damn well he could of blocked or at least dodged that attack. :smh:

Kyros is about to get one paneled when he puts his head back on

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Don is such a troll. I can't wait to hear the explanation on how he lost his head and reattached it.

Unless dude can steal fruits and stole Laws ability :krs: But he didn't call room though :patrice:

Don is such a troll. He knows damn well he could of blocked or at least dodged that attack. :smh:

Kyros is about to get one paneled when he puts his head back on

All of this.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
In retrospect, anybody feel like DoFlamingo's whole Dressrosa operation was kind of...stupid? :patrice:

I mean, pretty much the entire thing relied on ONE person to keep going, and a little girl at that. Even if Operation SOP hadn't succeeded...isn't it likely she would've gotten knocked out sooner or later anyway? Like maybe she'd hit her heard in some kind of accident and faint? Maybe she gets sick or gets a fever or something and faints? Maybe something else happens to scare her?

I dunno, it seems like that plan was doomed to fail at some point regardless of the Straw Hats interference. I mean at some point over the years she was gonna lose consciousness...I don't see how the plan could work indefinitely. DoFlamingo should've known this would happen sooner or later.