The royal compound in Bekwai, c. 1900-1904
5dkDLiC.jpg

Basic structure of Akan courtyard buildings
KNXX9Zv.png

Street view of the 'Execution square in Kumase' 1896-1900
ammOutg.png

Chief Kwahu compund in the town of Abetifi, c. 1888-1896
e0i2ufh.png

Chief Kwahu, Head of the swordbearers of Odow Kwame of Abetifi, seated. c. 1888-1905
dBDSG0f.png

Random Drop:
Otumfou Osei Agyeman Prempeh II
tumblr_mbzpubsI1G1qjtdngo1_1280.jpg

Prempeh's Palace, Great Hall, 1896-1900
ken1Wua.png

Chief Kwahu Ado-Kwame in his home in the town of Abetifi, 31 Dec 1917
QpTDdgx.png

The Bantama Mausoleum after being destroyed by the British on 20 January 1896
Y2T28e3.jpg

PkJNxrv.png

I Lord Justice

All Star
Daps
Precolonial weapons

Democratic Republic of Congo | Lokele, Soko and Tetela people
ph-0.jpg

Nigeria | Ga'anda people
4Mmqb6Z.jpg

ZZN1HdA.jpg

TANZANIA HEHE TRIBE, KIBARANYEMBE AXE
african-axe.jpg

Benin| Fon people, Dahomey kingdom
GRlQaWM.jpg

doUNvwR.jpg

ZEESAaj.jpg

Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Cameroun | Ekang people
yjSczJc.jpg

South Africa | Zulu people
ph-0.jpg

Nigeria, Cameroun | Tiv people
ph-0.jpg

Horn of Africa
ph-0.jpg

Chad | Toubou people
ph-0.jpg

Mozambique | Tonga people
ph-0.jpg

I Lord Justice

All Star
Daps
Most of these are from modern day Ghana.

Ornocke Ata [Quaccoe Attah]. King of Cape Coast

QD-30_037_0003.jpg

Kobina Owysiel, Chief of Domanasi
QD-30_037_0005.jpg

Messengers from the King of Ashanti
QD-30_037_0001.jpg

King Atah of Kyebi [Amoako Atta].
ata.jpg

Nana Otuo Achampong, Paramount Chief of Kumawu, in his African battle dress
nana.jpg

Kyebi - Royal grouping from Akem
akem.jpg

Kufur.jpg

King Kwaku Dua and the Golden Stool in Kumase, with attendants
daff14.jpg

Ampofowa, Queen Mother of Akem, (on her right a slave, on her left a grandson)
akemm.jpg

Kindergarten in Aburi
kinder.jpg

The King of Kwahu
D-30_15_007.jpg

King of Odumase
daff29.jpg

MaLi

Pro
Daps
Edit: Meant to post in HL*

Interesting video by a brother who gathered information from different credible sources, ancient and modern.

He did his own research, went to Egypt, and wrote a book "The truth and nothing but". Reminds me of a young Dr. Ben but not as militant.

He covers multiple sides of various arguments, but it's on us to dig further for specific information. What I really like about his presentation is that you don't get the sense that he's attacking anyone. He's presenting facts and theories as hes gathered them and tell us who/where his info comes from. Theres no blind faith in scientific or religious leaders. It's more cautious use of available info.

Some questions to ask while watching:
Who had the "purest" belief system as it relates to Africa? And why is it important that Black people of all beliefs to know the answer? What makes a particular belief more credible than others?

2:05 - James Ussher an Archbishop, wrote: Annals of the world; this book included the 6,000 year old earth theory, which is generally accepted by Christians, or people that call themselves "Christians". Modern Scientific research says the earth is about 4.5 billion years old

2:50- Slater speaks on the oldest human remains found in east Africa, He even acknowledges that people debate the reliability of the methods used to date these fossils. But accepts that is the best info/methods we have and we should not automatically ignore it because it seems to go against ones religion.

4:00 - Goes over Diodorus (Greek historian circa 60-30bce) and his physical description of ancient Egyptians (Black in color, flat noses, wooly hair, and natives to their land). He later comments on the meaning of "Kemet" and "Ta-mary" (The Black Land and Beloved Land)

5:00 - "Papyrus of Huneffer" supposedly tells us that Ancient Egyptian scribes wrote that they originated in central east Africa. Near the foothills of the mountains of the moon. (River Nile originates near Uganda). These Africans migrated north ("south" from their perspective since the river flowed "down", and their word for "south" is the same word for "down").

7:00-10:00 - Greek philosophers and scholars admit they went to and learned in Kemet:

Thales of Miletis (circa 624bce-547bce). One of the 1st Greeks to study in Kemet, became known as 1 of the 7 sages of Greece.

Proculus (A Commentary of Euclids Elements, book 1) gives credit to Kemet for being the origin of the arts and sciences, and more specifically- geometry.

Pythagorus (570bce-495bce) Studied astronomy and geometry in Kemet for 22 years. Anybody else remember the "Pythagorus Thoery":mjpls: from grade 9/10 math class?

Herodotus - (484bce-425bce). The "father of history" to the western world had some comments about the natives of Kemet, They did not attempt to adopt customs of others outside of Kemet. But Slater admits that this is still debatable, and acknowledges Summer/Mesopotamia have supporters as well.

11:00-18:00 - Slater addresses the belief that Ancient Kemet was originally a polytheistic society. He disagrees and explains why. He goes further and recounts an ancient Kemetian creation story, and claims that it is the earliest know spiritual writings in Human history. He refers to the "Shabaka Stone" and "Leiden Papyrus" to describe the Creator and Creation story. The main jist is that there was originally 1 supreme force, but many manifestations came out of it. This also shows that Africans believed in 1original creator, before Judaism, Christianity, or Islam existed.

18:05-22:25- Ma'at/ The law 42 Negative confessions (predate 10 commandments by at least 1000 years), Abraham (Father of Hebrew nation circa between 2000bcc and 1700bc), Moses (circa 1570bce/17th Egyptian Dynasty) are well known Hebrew characters and a lot of faith is based on their interactions with God.

Theres few more notable questions and points Slater brings up regarding Jesus/Yeshua, the dates and authors of certain holy books, the "false" prophet argument, women speaking in the church, working on the Sabbath,

Yea this is info most of us know or maybe came across. But I don't feel we give enough credit to the spiritual aspect and outright genius of these people. We often label "religious" people as uneducated or assume they're scientifically challenged--- yet, some of our greatest accomplishments were due to the minds of people who believed in "God" and practiced religion.

Questions:
Do Black Christians of the Coli believe in the 6,000 year old earth theory?

Question for Black Jews, Christians, and Muslims - Do you believe Moses received the 10 commandments from God? Do you understand why others would question your beliefs seeing as the ancient Egyptians were already practicing (or told to practice) the laws of Ma'at/42 negative confessions?

Thoughts on the video itself?

Last edited:

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
probably would do better in here than in HL. HL only respects info if it's published in a science magazine and CNN reports it.

Anyway, have you read the MAAT books? They are dope, long as fukk , but dope.

MaLi

Pro
Daps
probably would do better in here than in HL. HL only respects info if it's published in a science magazine and CNN reports it.

Anyway, have you read the MAAT books? They are dope, long as fukk , but dope.

I get that, and its unfortunate because the info being shared can be easily accessed and fact-checked. Slater put in the work and made it simple for people to follow IF they really wanted to know more.

Put me on those MAAT books. I'm not religious, but I don't understand why we don't take more time to investigate our ancestors natural belief systems.
I think its slightly more productive than fighting over the validity of the distorted versions of our ancestors beliefs.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I get that, and its unfortunate because the info being shared can be easily accessed and fact-checked. Slater put in the work and made it simple for people to follow IF they really wanted to know more.

Put me on those MAAT books. I'm not religious, but I don't understand why we don't take more time to investigate our ancestors natural belief systems.
I think its slightly more productive than fighting over the validity of the distorted versions of our ancestors beliefs.
There are soo many books written on maat.. there is a series that has a black cover, idk what it's called, but it's a good one. If I go to my studio today ill post the title.

Basically it's a moral code..that plus some other African beliefs are what Abraham religions are based on. There is another group of books about spirituality and meditation.. that is the bases for the other religions.

MaLi

Pro
Daps
There are soo many books written on maat.. there is a series that has a black cover, idk what it's called, but it's a good one. If I go to my studio today ill post the title.

Basically it's a moral code..that plus some other African beliefs are what Abraham religions are based on. There is another group of books about spirituality and meditation.. that is the bases for the other religions.

You referring to the 42 negative confessions? If so, I always wondered what Jews, Christians, and Muslims (the Black/African followers that is) thought of it. Moses was taught in the way of the Egyptian. He was raised as a member of the elite class with Pharaoh as his grandfather. He looked like other Egyptians. All of this is true according to the OT...

But then theres talk of him going up and receiving the 10 commandments from God, when in reality, Ancient Kemet had Maat/42 negative confessions in their society since at least 3000BC... Moses was thought to have existed at least 1000 years AFTER... The 10 commandments are included (slightly different wording) in the 42 laws of Maat:patrice:

The 10 commandments and the story of Exodus are a staple in these Abrahamic systems right? I don't know many believers that doubt who and where the 10 commandments came from.

African Historians say Moses must have learned from the Kemetic "mystery schools". Similar to the Europeans scholars hundreds of years later "Stealing" or "borrowing" during their stay in Africa. Similar to Yeshua's supposed time in Egypt when his family went to hide amongst similar looking people:youngsabo:

One of the small examples of why I feel its important to go to our own sources, using our own interpretations... How can so many outsiders control the narrative?

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
You referring to the 42 negative confessions? If so, I always wondered what Jews, Christians, and Muslims (the Black/African followers that is) thought of it. Moses was taught in the way of the Egyptian. He was raised as a member of the elite class with Pharaoh as his grandfather. He looked like other Egyptians. All of this is true according to the OT...

But then theres talk of him going up and receiving the 10 commandments from God, when in reality, Ancient Kemet had Maat/42 negative confessions in their society since at least 3000BC... Moses was thought to have existed at least 1000 years AFTER... The 10 commandments are included (slightly different wording) in the 42 laws of Maat:patrice:

The 10 commandments and the story of Exodus are a staple in these Abrahamic systems right? I don't know many believers that doubt who and where the 10 commandments came from.

African Historians say Moses must have learned from the Kemetic "mystery schools". Similar to the Europeans scholars hundreds of years later "Stealing" or "borrowing" during their stay in Africa. Similar to Yeshua's supposed time in Egypt when his family went to hide amongst similar looking people:youngsabo:

One of the small examples of why I feel its important to go to our own sources, using our own interpretations... How can so many outsiders control the narrative?
most jews, christians, muslims, don't know shyt about it.. and some reject it. I'm muslim but don't reject it because I'm black and because from what I know it make the most sense out of everything...

Outsiders control the narrative first to control women, then to control non-blacks, then to control poor people and to manipulate religions. Rome allowed it for a while but then replaced it...

Sinnerman

Veteran
Daps
Mai Idris Alooma

idris.jpe

He was a most successful politician of the period who gained considerable international prestige. Mahmud Kati, the great Songhai historian, wrote that: "The mass of our contemporaries hold that there are four Sultans not counting the supreme Sultan [the Sultan of Constantinople] to wit - The Sultan of Baghdad, the Sultan of Cairo, the Sultan of Bornu [sic] and the Sultan of Melli [i.e. Mali]". Dr Heinrich Barth, the nineteenth century German traveller, described Idris as "an excellent prince, uniting in himself the most opposite qualities: warlike energy, combined with mildness and intelligence; courage, with circumspection and patience; severity with pious feelings".

His military prowess was outstanding with armies, possibly the first in Africa, to have muskets. Acquiring them from the Turkish Empire, "[n]orth, south, east, and west he carried his conquering arms", says Lady Lugard. "To give a list of the many [peoples] that he subdued could only weary the reader". Imam Ahmad, the royal chronicler and aide, wrote a detailed account of Idris' campaigns. Part of his first hand report reads as follows: "'Abd ul Jalil ibn Bi fled and escaped, fearing our army. He had left his wife, the daughter of Yarima, in his house, turning from her when he saw the dust of our army, rising to the skies. For he was certain that the safety of a man himself is better for him than the safety of his wife. So he fled, deserting his wife, since personal necessity is more compelling than the lack of a wife, as the author of the book Ifrikiya has said."

Idris reformed and standardised the judiciary by establishing a system of Islamic courts. He himself ruled according to Islamic political theory, taking a stand against, among other things, immorality in the capital. Oliver and Atmore wrote that: "[H]e presided over a court famous for the high standard of its legal and theological disputations". Like his Songhai contemporaries, he was a patron of learning, encouraging scholars from many other African countries to take up residence in Borno. He improved navigation on the Yobe River. He commissioned the building of longer, flat-bottomed boats initially for his navy. For land transportation, he imported a much greater number of camels replacing the dependence on mules, oxen and donkeys. The great Mai was also a builder, raising new brick mosques in the cities that replaced the older buildings. He also founded a hostel in Mecca for Borno pilgrims. Following the fall of Songhai in 1591, the great Mai became the undisputed champion of the Muslims in the region. The empire became the Borno Caliphate. Phillip Koslow, a modern historian, declared that: "His contemporary, Elizabeth I of England, a shrewd and strong-willed monarch who gave her name to an age and has been repeatedly celebrated in books and films, could hardly have claimed greater achievements in war, administration or diplomacy."

random pic of kanem bornu

denham4.jpg