Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Black Miller

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Columbia, SC via Niagara Falls, NY
i wanted maidana to win, but broner would have won if he took the fight to marcos. the lack of punch output compared to marcos hurt him cause when he got active- he did well. you can't win off accuracy if a dude is outworking him badly each round. also he has to tighten his defense or get out of the pocket if he not throwing, had too many counter opportunities he didn't take advantage of. all he had to do was watch the alexander fight vs marcos. duke had him flustered, broner did show heart though.

can't wait to see how he responds. he's either gon elevate his game or crash and burn

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
i wanted maidana to win, but broner would have won if he took the fight to marcos. the lack of punch output compared to marcos hurt him cause when he got active- he did well. you can't win off accuracy if a dude is outworking him badly each round. also he has to tighten his defense or get out of the pocket if he not throwing, had too many counter opportunities he didn't take advantage of. all he had to do was watch the alexander fight vs marcos. duke had him flustered, broner did show heart though.

can't wait to see how he responds. he's either gon elevate his game or crash and burn
That's the way Broner fights when he is flustered. He had the exact same problems in the Quintero, Ponce, Paulie and Maidana fights even though they're all completely different styles of fighter. All 4 fights it was evident his opponent was giving him trouble because he would go large chunks of time without throwing any punches and he started to fight extremely dirty. Great boxers don't have such glaringly obvious tells in their game.

Black Miller

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Columbia, SC via Niagara Falls, NY
That's the way Broner fights when he is flustered. He had the exact same problems in the Quintero, Ponce, Paulie and Maidana fights even though they're all completely different styles of fighter. All 4 fights it was evident his opponent was giving him trouble because he would go large chunks of time without throwing any punches and he started to fight extremely dirty. Great boxers don't have such glaringly obvious tells in their game.

i actually had him losing all those previous fights also- mostly though those dudes applied consistent pressure to him. i think his output is so measured because he might have stamina issues. he gotta learn how to at least punch enough to keep them off you, but i think he just not big enough for 147 honestly. they crowded him cause they didn't respect his power

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
One thing we all found out though is that Broner is definitely a star, I had people on my fb commenting on the fight who don't even watch boxing. shyt, look at how many of the "Floyd/Pac fight" coli posters it brought to the Ring. I'd like to see what the ratings were for that fight.

I've given @Newzz a lot of shyt about his boy before this fight but I think I'm one the few dudes in here who respect him now more than I did before Maidana. The flopping and running out the ring was childish but dude is in his early 20s so I'm not going to give him too much shyt for it. He did however take his beating like a man and even pressed forward when he was badly hurt and never once seemed like quitting. That right there earned him my respect. :yeshrug:
A star or a side show act?

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
i heard adrien broner was upset?... i heard he got his ass whooped:dead:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

Like I said in the other thread this was posted in: Broner had the appeal of people wanting to see his fights because they wanted to see him lose (that was the one thing he did have in common with Floyd) and that appeal is gone now.