The Official 2024 Paris Summer Olympics Thread (from July 26 - August 11) - Closing Ceremony replay at 7pm EST

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Yea l, but the inquiry by the US was made because they scored Chiles’ skill incorrectly, and so they fixed it. If they had scored her correctly to begin with Chiles would have the medal and none of this would be happening. The Romanian girl won on a technicality, not because she actually scored better.
I’ve addressed this…get the inquiry in in time…is a judged sport, thus subjective. If the inquiry doesn’t make it in, then they can’t take the rescore….the rules are there

Megadeus

Superstar
Daps
Playing wise yeah but I don’t think the premier league or MLS have ever caught up to NHL’s viewership.

The point is more Americans are interested in soccer overall than they are with Hockey, or it's about the same.

So it's not like the general interest or participation ain't there. But there's just nothing in place here to get our male athletes to go all in with it career wise from early on. I didn't think it will ever change atleast not in our lifetime

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Have you not seen the things that girls mother has posted and people from her home country imagine going up for some white girl ofc you would tho considering your Californian
Like i said in my edit….post the judges being racist, not random twitter people and folks who arent presiding over this case. Racism goes hand in hand with twitter from randos

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
Ehh, this isnt true. by HS, kids know where they stack up, people who don’t want their brain scrambled or won’t be big don’t do football, people who know they won’t be tall don’t keep hooping, people who have stamina get in the pool, soccer field, or track. Soccer’s issue is it takes hella money to get good in the US, the same way basketball is starting to be
No the true probably is there isn’t even many soccer programs in the inner cities across the country. Cleveland has a top 10 most players in the NFL but don’t even have a decent soccer school in the county. They could have had gotten at least 1 great from the area by now if they actually tried

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yea l, but the inquiry by the US was made because they scored Chiles’ skill incorrectly, and so they fixed it. If they had scored her correctly to begin with Chiles would have the medal and none of this would be happening. The Romanian girl won on a technicality, not because she actually scored better.

For example, it's like if a Team A misses a game winning shot but they challenge it and the refs see that it's goaltending and overturns the miss to count the basket and they win the game. Then days later Team B files an appeal saying that the challenge was made a couple seconds too late and gets the NBA to overturn the actual correct call to reinstate the bad call so that they can win the game.

That's basically what the Romanians are doing

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
No the true probably is there isn’t even many soccer programs in the inner cities across the country. Cleveland has a top 10 most players in the NFL but don’t even have a decent soccer school in the county. They could have had gotten at least 1 great from the area by now if they actually tried
That supports my point about it taking hells money to be in soccer programs, especially elite. Why would an elite program costing 3-4k per season be in the inner city?

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Barsham is an odd one. He's the second highest jumper of all time but hes come short at the Olympics a lot