The Official 2024 Paris Summer Olympics Thread (from July 26 - August 11) - Closing Ceremony replay at 7pm EST

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Injuries and mental and physical setbacks can happen in every sport. Whole careers have been derailed.

Gymnastics is definitely more dangerous but at the end of the day bolt performed and biles didn't.

Now if she come back and dominate in LA I think shes in that conversation
Again, the twisties is not an injury. It’s a full on inability to safely perform. There’s no comparison in sprinting. Furthermore, the shelf life of a female gymnast is much shorter than that of a sprinter. She’s already an anomaly being in 3 Olympics and winning gold at 27 which is ancient in the sport where your teenage years are your prime. Expecting her to just waltz into the Olympics at 31 is to deny reality of the sport.

KnowledgeDropper

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Manhattan
I don’t know if y’all agree, but tomorrow seems kind of light in terms of stuff I’m checking for… A few interesting track events, plus I may watch the odd field hockey (Netherlands vs Argentina should have some good looking women) and beach volleyball, but I may actually be able to get some work done instead tomorrow. Thursday through the end looks nice