The Official 2024 Paris Summer Olympics Thread (from July 26 - August 11) - Closing Ceremony replay at 7pm EST

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You know what I'm gonna miss most about the Olympics...No fukking ads for and pre-game shows by Draftkings & Fanduel

I forgot what watching sports without being bombarded by gambling every 10 seconds was like :wow:
yeah I thought about that yesterday. The coverage was pretty pure, great celebration of sports. NBC/Peacock crushed it

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
You know what I'm gonna miss most about the Olympics...No fukking ads for and pre-game shows by Draftkings & Fanduel

I forgot what watching sports without being bombarded by gambling every 10 seconds was like :wow:

Well get ready because football is right around the corner :pachaha:

Fantasy drafts.... fantasy shows.... fanduel, draftkings, daily fantasy trackers, etc... :mjlol:

Bigwhite2498

All Star
Daps
Game like that should hopefully lead to less politics in the selection of the next team. Only one natural PG on the roster and she's playing on a bum foot and couldn't even break the paint.
Who the hell else plays point also Sabrina is a point so they had two

Daps
Storm, France blocked all their players from playing this year to focus on the Olympics
This.

Them Euro squads put wayyyyyyy more effort into winning at international hoops. Team USA wins because of talent but the Europeans are determined to lunchpail/coach/prep their way to gold.

U.S. has to recalibrate a little each time the gap closes. The men already had to do this 20 years ago but U.S. women haven't lost since 1992. I think the gap on the men's side is actually closing.....I think the women's side is more flukey. France missed a lot of 3's but the U.S. women were missing layups and just sleepwalking. Play again in a month and the American ladies win by 20 on a neutral court.

puggle

Superstar
Daps
All the countries coming in by boat at the opening ceremony was an all time genius move by the French, that viral pic with Lebron and all the US athletes was something out of a movie. That just set a great tone for the entire Olympics.