The Official 2024 NBA Draft Talk Thread

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
i wouldnt be against okc going for another guard or wing if they like them enough, but they absolutely have to add a 4 or 5 this offseason whether thats rookie or veteran. they have nothing hindering their ability to fill out that roster for a title run, they have a surplus of assets and enough cap space to add anyone who is available.
Who are the available FAs at the 4/5 who OKC could target?

Illin Degenerate

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Who are the available FAs at the 4/5 who OKC could target?
claxton, hartenstein, valančiūnas, achiuwa, and jalen smith if he hits the market would probably be the best fa options to beef up their rebounding and/or rim protection. the bigs ive seen mentioned in trades are avdija, stewart, okongwu, and robert williams. they also could put together a package utah wouldnt refuse for markkanen, but i think okc is too cheap to go that route. they'd have to extend lauri during the 2025 offseason and then extend holmgren and williams during the 26 offseason.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
It really is a weak draft :heh: I’ve never seen a top 10 so all over the place. I’ve legit seen guys mocked anywhere from 2-10

My big board:

1. Alex Starr- Seems like we see one of these every year. The game is going away from bigs but you don’t want to pass on a potential Bam Adeabyo

Comp: more explosive JJJ.

2. Rob Dillingham- it’s insane that in 2024 in a guard dominated game there’s still a stigma of drafting guards early. Dillingham’s shooting splits are insane for such a crafty, abnormal player. All these guards play the same these days but he is different

Comp: Tyrese Maxey

3. Reed Sheppard- the athletic #s didnt surprise me. Old heads will remember his pops Jeff Shepard was one of them ‘wtf is he really white’ white boys. He had crazy hops. Sheppard is basically Tyler herro. Been huge fan of his for years and bc of Miami’s system I still dont think people realize how good he is. So in a weak draft, yea Tyler herro is a top 5 pick

4. Ron Holland- prototype 2 way wing. High motor. Coachable. Plus locker room presence. All defense potential

Comp: OG

5. Ricasher- mechanical. Hitch on his shot. But safe

Comp: Bogdanovich

6. Buzelis- all the tools but terrible foot speed and can’t shoot. Also mechanical.

Comp: Sengun lite

7. Stephon Castle- will be in the league a long time, but what’s his ceiling. Def not a PG. Big guard but may not be able to shoot. High upside. Gives a deluxe role player vibe. 1st team all defense potential

Comp: Marcus Smart

8. Nikola Topic- Goran Dragic all day. The problem is most of his highlights come with him having the ball. Also running p&r. PG is the most occupied position. So if he’s not going to a team who has a huge hole at PG and is willing to give him the keys, his value shrinks significantly. And if he can’t shoot, shrinks his value .

If it’s really a ‘bad draft’ which I think it is, then 8 notable guys sounds about right. I think there’s a decent drop off after 8. The rest are spot players, role players, etc

9. Dalton Knecht- weak draft might as well draft a niche player who’s good at 1 thing. Potential day 1 starter

Comp: Grayson Allen, Christian Braun

10. Cody Williams- I was wrong on him. I thought he’d be more explosive but he’s not and his game is kinda wack. That 40% from 3 is intriguing. Role player all day tho

Comp: Boris Diaw

11. Donovan Clingan- see Knecht. In a weak draft there’s value in talking a straight up role player

12. Isiah Collier- big PG who can’t shoot we’ve seen this archetype a lot recently. Emmanuel Mudiaye, Dante exam, etc. it’s kind of a 1 shot deal. He either hits as your PG or doesnt really have a position

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
It really is a weak draft :heh: I’ve never seen a top 10 so all over the place. I’ve legit seen guys mocked anywhere from 2-10

My big board:

1. Alex Starr- Seems like we see one of these every year. The game is going away from bigs but you don’t want to pass on a potential Bam Adeabyo

Comp: more explosive JJJ.

2. Rob Dillingham- it’s insane that in 2024 in a guard dominated game there’s still a stigma of drafting guards early. Dillingham’s shooting splits are insane for such a crafty, abnormal player. All these guards play the same these days but he is different

Comp: Tyrese Maxey

3. Reed Sheppard- the athletic #s didnt surprise me. Old heads will remember his pops Jeff Shepard was one of them ‘wtf is he really white’ white boys. He had crazy hops. Sheppard is basically Tyler herro. Been huge fan of his for years and bc of Miami’s system I still dont think people realize how good he is. So in a weak draft, yea Tyler herro is a top 5 pick

4. Ron Holland- prototype 2 way wing. High motor. Coachable. Plus locker room presence. All defense potential

Comp: OG

5. Ricasher- mechanical. Hitch on his shot. But safe

Comp: Bogdanovich

6. Buzelis- all the tools but terrible foot speed and can’t shoot. Also mechanical.

Comp: Sengun lite

7. Stephon Castle- will be in the league a long time, but what’s his ceiling. Def not a PG. Big guard but may not be able to shoot. High upside. Gives a deluxe role player vibe. 1st team all defense potential

Comp: Marcus Smart

8. Nikola Topic- Goran Dragic all day. The problem is most of his highlights come with him having the ball. Also running p&r. PG is the most occupied position. So if he’s not going to a team who has a huge hole at PG and is willing to give him the keys, his value shrinks significantly. And if he can’t shoot, shrinks his value .

If it’s really a ‘bad draft’ which I think it is, then 8 notable guys sounds about right. I think there’s a decent drop off after 8. The rest are spot players, role players, etc

9. Dalton Knecht- weak draft might as well draft a niche player who’s good at 1 thing. Potential day 1 starter

Comp: Grayson Allen, Christian Braun

10. Cody Williams- I was wrong on him. I thought he’d be more explosive but he’s not and his game is kinda wack. That 40% from 3 is intriguing. Role player all day tho

Comp: Boris Diaw

11. Donovan Clingan- see Knecht. In a weak draft there’s value in talking a straight up role player

12. Isiah Collier- big PG who can’t shoot we’ve seen this archetype a lot recently. Emmanuel Mudiaye, Dante exam, etc. it’s kind of a 1 shot deal. He either hits as your PG or doesnt really have a position

Maxey was 200 pounds at 6'3' with 6'6 wingspan and a 8'3.5 standing reach in 2020.

Dillingham is 165 pounds at 6'1 with a 6'3 wingspan and 7'11 standing reach.

VBM

┌∩┐(●_●)┌∩┐
Daps
Reppin
Dallas by way of Houston by way of San Antonio
Maxey was 200 pounds at 6'3' with 6'6 wingspan and a 8'3.5 standing reach in 2020.

That's what the S&C coaches are for. If the Spurs actually take the plunge on Dillingham, gotta think Tony Parker will be brought in to mentor the kid in some capacity given he lived in the paint and was barely 6 feet when drafted (although draft broadcast says he weighed 180 at the time).

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
claxton, hartenstein, valančiūnas, achiuwa, and jalen smith if he hits the market would probably be the best fa options to beef up their rebounding and/or rim protection. the bigs ive seen mentioned in trades are avdija, stewart, okongwu, and robert williams. they also could put together a package utah wouldnt refuse for markkanen, but i think okc is too cheap to go that route. they'd have to extend lauri during the 2025 offseason and then extend holmgren and williams during the 26 offseason.
Really no excuses for OKC not to add big depth after seeing this list

Braman

Superstar
Daps

Maxey was/is 6’1.5 without shoes…The weight and wingspan is more a factor

But for me the comp is more about what type of role he’ll take, not so much literal. I see Dillingham as a quick, crafty, get wherever he wants, under 6’3 scoring 1 and future all star, a la Tyree Maxey

A more accurate comp size-wise would be a more efficient, polished Brandon Jennings

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Who can you see taking him before he falls to Portland?
at 7 or 14?

Memphis should definitely pursue this.

Chicago I guess can go after Clingan but that roster is just weird. Even Coby White isn't someone I deem necessary as a cornerstone piece.

Portland wanting Clingan either means they have big time buyer's remorse on Ayton or they wanna copy other teams and have nothing but length.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
at 7 or 14?

Memphis should definitely pursue this.

Chicago I guess can go after Clingan but that roster is just weird. Even Coby White isn't someone I deem necessary as a cornerstone piece.

Portland wanting Clingan either means they have big time buyer's remorse on Ayton or they wanna copy other teams and have nothing but length.
I was thinking at 7.

I didn't realize they also had #14. Now that report makes a lot more sense. I was looking at the top and thinking they should be able to get him at 7, but he won't be there at 14 more than likely.

Bulls are in a odd situation with their roster. They hit home runs with Coby and Ayo's contracts, but they won't be able to add anything to the team during their time being on killer value deals.

Then you look up in 2 years and Coby White is going to be demanding 25 to 30Ms+ with Ayo probably around 20. Which is another reason I wouldn't be surprised if they draft a guard and trade Caruso

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I think Clingan could go as high as 2 and is top 5 this draft.
:yeshrug:

His floor is starting quality Center, and he has some upside. Like a lesser Marc Gasol.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
‘What I would do as GM’ Mock lottery

1. Atlanta Hawks- Alex Sarr
2. Washington Wizards- Rob Dillingham
3. Houston Rockets- Reed Sheppard
4. San Antonio Spurs- Zachary Riccasher
5. Detroit Pistons- Ron Holland
6. Charlotte Hornets- Matas Buzelis
7. Portland Trail Blazers- Donovan Clingan
8. San Antonio Spurs- Nikola Topic