The Official 2024 MLB Season Thread

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Rizzo back at wrigley tomorrow :wow:

He’s the last one , fan favorite only Baez was just as beloved.
I was gonna fly in to watch the game at Wrigley. Would have been my first time in Chicago. But when I was looking at tickets 2-3 weeks ago, it seemed like all the good seats were gone.

They had a bunch of tickets for seats that looked like they had obstructed views. And I didn't want to sit in the outfield.

Maybe the whole "obstructed view" thing is overblown for Wrigley but I didn't want to take a chance. And the few good seats were outrageously expensive.

Not sure if it's just the Yankees series but I'm not paying $450 to sit 30 rows back.

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
I was gonna fly in to watch the game at Wrigley. Would have been my first time in Chicago. But when I was looking at tickets 2-3 weeks ago, it seemed like all the good seats were gone.

They had a bunch of tickets for seats that looked like they had obstructed views. And I didn't want to sit in the outfield.

Maybe the whole "obstructed view" thing is overblown for Wrigley but I didn't want to take a chance. And the few good seats were outrageously expensive.

Not sure if it's just the Yankees series but I'm not paying $450 to sit 30 rows back.

Future reference you should get bleacher seats for cubs games.1st come 1st serve & depends on the day they aren’t expensive weekends cost more usually. I know people who get em off seat geek type sites with a promo for 20-30 bucks

Cubs have some of the highest ticket prices in mlb which is why I never go. If I want to catch a game I’ll go to empty whatever white sox park is called

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Future reference you should get bleacher seats for cubs games.1st come 1st serve & depends on the day they aren’t expensive weekends cost more usually. I know people who get em off seat geek type sites with a promo for 20-30 bucks

Cubs have some of the highest ticket prices in mlb which is why I never go. If I want to catch a game I’ll go to empty whatever white sox park is called
Yeah I just can't do bleachers. Maybe if I was really young and I just wanted to be at the game for the vibe....getting drunk with friends, that would be cool.

I don't go to a lot of games anymore either. But when I do go, I'll try to get decent seats. Spending $100 or a little more isn't that bad if I'm only gonna do it once a season or so. Actually if I'm at Citi Field or Yankee Stadium I don't even mind being up in the nose bleeds as long as I'm behind home plate or near the base lines.

I was down to go around $200 for Cubs/Yankees but at the time I didn't like the tickets in my price range.

Spence

Superstar
Daps

You in Houston or San Antonio? Spirit will get you there and back for about $60 round trip

Gametime is the app to use, I got ALCS tickets for $100 per, ALDS for $60 per, and I’ll catch $7 tickets occasionally at MMP
Gametime is best when you’re at the stadium and waiting until right before first pitch to land the best deals.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps

Wrigley's a dump. You aren't missing anything besides pissing in a trough next to 15 other guys. :unimpressed:

ineedsleep212

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I know this comes across as such a Mets fan pro Lindor take but I feel like it really matters that Lindor plays the field especially when people bring up the stolen bases Ohtani has. Theres not as much wear and tear and there is way less of a grind. Hard to go through the "dog days of summer" when you are way less tired than everyone else.

I need Lindor to expand that WAR lead to close out the season. Still feel like the national media dikkeating for Ohtani will seal it but fingers crossed.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I know this comes across as such a Mets fan pro Lindor take but I feel like it really matters that Lindor plays the field especially when people bring up the stolen bases Ohtani has. Theres not as much wear and tear and there is way less of a grind. Hard to go through the "dog days of summer" when you are way less tired than everyone else.

I need Lindor to expand that WAR lead to close out the season. Still feel like the national media dikkeating for Ohtani will seal it but fingers crossed.
What WAR lead are we talking about? On ESPN and Baseball Reference, Ohtani is up 7-6.3/6.4.

It should be worth noting, although Lindor has been awesome since June, he was pretty mediocre the first two months of the season. Ohtani has been great all season long. That counts for something, just like it did last year between Acuna and Betts.