The Official 2024 MLB Season Thread

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

No lies detected from Buck.

Ohtani probably ends up winning it, but Lindor is the true MVP. Let ohtani and Ozuna fight for the Hank Aaron award and Silver Slugger. Those are for the best offensive players. The MVP should actually be somebody who plays the field instead of drinking saki and checking his BetMGM account in the clubhouse while the rest of the team is on the field

:patrice:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The New York Mets have never had an MVP.
I'm forced to admit that Francisco Lindor has a very strong case to win it this year. And I'm known around here for being a LOUD critic of his contract. But he's earned it.

It got me to looking at past MVPs.
I've heard of just about every one of them in MLB history. But a few no name guys stand out.

Jackie Jensen. 1958 AL MVP with the Boston Red Sox.

Zoilo Versailles. 1965 AL MVP with the Minnesota Twins. It's not often a guy wins an MVP with a .781 OPS but the 60s were a strange time. To be honest I have HEARD of Zoilo. But I never remembered him winning MVP.

Jeff Burroughs. 1974 AL MVP with the Texas Rangers. I'm aware of his son Sean, who was a top prospect that didn't pan out.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
10 different men have won 3 MVP awards.

Yogi Berra
Roy Campanella
Joe DiMaggio
Jimmie Foxx
Mickey Mantle
Stan Musial
Albert Pujols
Alex Rodriguez
Mike Schmidt
Mike Trout

The only person to win more than 3:

Barry Bonds (7)

Conspicuously missing here is Babe Ruth, who only won it once. You can guess why that might be.

Last edited:

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
Nationals should be mentioned as a Soto suiter in free agency.they got the dough,young players and familiarity with him

Don’t sleep on them being an option