The Official 2024 MLB Season Thread

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
One day someone will say “i said what i said”

:mjlol:

Well, I decided to check to see what ole Aubrey Huff been up to...

ew-um.gif

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

fukk that fan.

They need to start interviewing these a$$holes that go to sporting events and heckle players and yell all sorts of vile things.

We live in a society that CONSTANTLY talks about "Oh you can dish it but you can't take it?"

Right?
So this should go in both directions. Right?

:usure:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@Remote do you have a team that you root for?

👼
😇
The Yankees.
But I'm not a great fan. Over the years I've gotten more critical of them and I don't get as much joy. They're still my team but they're not fun.

And let me go off here a bit...

When I was growing up, you only saw your team play. For the most part.

You had weekend games on basic TV and This Week In Baseball but you were limited to your local channel.

Then ESPN showed more games. Teams started making their own channels (YES, NESN, etc...) and you could follow any other teams you wanted if you paid a subscription. Then the internet and MLB.tv made it so you could follow any team.

Add in the popularity of fantasy baseball and Draftkings and FanDuel and you now have a financial interest in players and teams BESIDES your hometown team that you've rooted for all your life.

So I say that to say...it's harder to just be a fan of one team these days. And more than ever you become a fan of a lot of players.

So yeah, Go Yankees.

But shyt, I like the Pirates. I like the Royals. I like watching Elly de la Cruz run for a triple. I like watching Mason Miller destroy batters in the 9th inning.

I can't contain my enjoyment to just Aaron Judge and Juan Soto.

TrillaMonsoon

Fun God
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nation Of Fun
Pablo Lopez just isn't missing the bats he needs to be as effective as he was last year. With Joe Ryan going down the Twins basically only have Ober as a starter they can count on to go deep into games. Not great for the playoff hopes but this lineup is deep and still missing Correa :wow: