The Official 2024 College Football Random Thoughts Thread

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
Mighty funny how the media says Dillon Gabriel is NOW as a Heisman contender and going to lead Oregon to a national title game.

I like DG and 100% wish him all the success this season....it's just interesting how much better he suddenly is now since he left Oklahoma.

When NO ONE had discussed him the past 2 yrs while at OU.

No one was talking about Will Howard at all when he was at KSU, now he’s a Heisman candidate at Ohio State, brand/reputation/storylines definitely play a part in the Heisman race.

Gabriel being at his 3rd (4th if you count UCLA) school is a red flag for me tho, I’m sorry.

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
Smu got talent from the portal, I think they just haven't gelled yet as a team.

This is going to be a recurring theme within the first part of the season. Those portal heavy teams might struggle more than people think, fortunately there’s a 12 team playoff to give those teams breathing room.

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
Mighty funny how the media says Dillon Gabriel is NOW as a Heisman contender and going to lead Oregon to a national title game.

I like DG and 100% wish him all the success this season....it's just interesting how much better he suddenly is now since he left Oklahoma.

When NO ONE had discussed him the past 2 yrs while at OU.
Never really paid attention but wasnt he starter at OU, why did he leave?

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
No one was talking about Will Howard at all when he was at KSU, now he’s a Heisman candidate at Ohio State, brand/reputation/storylines definitely play a part in the Heisman race.

Gabriel being at his 3rd (4th if you count UCLA) school is a red flag for me tho, I’m sorry.
Well, DG would still be at OU but the plan was always for Jackson Arnold to sit freshman year and then DG would go to the NFL.

But Nike/Oregon clearly cut him a bigger check than he would have gotten from the NFL as a late rnd pick.

But yeah, I think storylines maybe, bc Oregon is NOT a better brand or rep than Oklahoma. They do have a ton of talent so I can see where the hype is coming from.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Cant believe it took this long for a MF to make a video on the BCS BS. Still needs to be a full length 30 for 30 imo

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
How ya feeling about Arnold and team/season overall?
We gonna either be very very good, or get a terrible wake up call.

New O-line, new QB. If both play well we're gonna be good. If not, we're in for a long season with our schedule.

I'm optimistic :myman: