The Official 2024 College Football Random Thoughts Thread

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Auburn gonna run the state for the next 5 years atleast
On a real tip, they gotta stick the next QB. I think this season, unless they crash out, I would think they beat Bama just cuz the head start they got in the rebuild. But from 25 on, they need whoever got next to basically be already ready to go

If not, I think Freeze tenure might be already fukked

JasoRockStar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Charleston, SC
And they never offered Lanning and Norvell the job too. DeBoer was their first only choice.

Bama, their media and fans be lying man. That young men was on his wait out.
I hope it works out for them, or else this could be another Rich Rod/Ryan Mallet situation. :francis:

Forcing out the program's future because he doesn't fit what you're trying to do.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
I find that wild that BH feels unprepared for oc, because it’s like what have you been doing, (i say this understanding that being an oc is hard af because you can have all the great plays drawn up, but it his a feel thing just as much as skill and experience thing) maybe he needs more time to better understand the position, but shyt all them analysts and what not, and you not picking their brain and getting better. Tf he doing just waxing the Ferraris and keeping the dust off (coaching the position)

I feel like Bob knows how to be an adult, so I’m sure he will be fine, and yes it’s on Day, he has to make this work or man it’s gon be big…. Trouble

I appreciate the fact that he can admit that he still has more to learn and don't want to jump on the opportunity just cuz it's an opportunity and try to learn on the job. It's one thing to do that kind of shyt in say, the tech world lol. It's a whole different ballgame (literally) tryna do that on the field. That's like how Vrabel promoted two Tight End coaches to OC during his Titans tenure. They were halfway decent but they had a lot of fukkin' kinks to work out that cost us some games and even a playoff game here and there. Mfs ain't got time for that. Continue to be apprentice or Co-Coordinator, get 2 more years under ya belt then slip them shoes on.

ReturnOfJudah

Veteran
Daps
big-al-has-entered-the-transfer-portal-v0-3Sxg7r0V35Xspk9NCTGcnDskw0ULugmJrD02wp-NQ40.jpg
Another one

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
From what I gather, BH isn't quite ready yet. He said he was still grasping things that go behind the QB and WR as it pertains to playcalling and to me, that means he's clearly not ready to hold it down on his own yet. Even if he left, he would probably play himself & whoever hired him as the sole, main OC. I'm thinking this prob a short term move cuz BOB never really stay anywhere too long. Maybe he continues to help Hartline along so he can then takeover.

Whatever the case, if he's good enough for arguably the best college & NFL coach to keep bouncing ideas off of (chips won or not) then I'm sure he'll provide some valuable insight for Day in some capacity. And like you said, he may just be coming in and providing work around the "edges" and not doing a total revamp to try and run his own stuff.

Obv we won't know more til we see it in action on the field but regardless, it's all gonna be on Day. He the one who gotta live or die with the decision. Have a hard time believing he would just scrap his own entire playbook tho as he's spent mad time tinkering with it + it's been shown to work in most capacities and I've seen him call sum masterful games shortcomings be damned.
Ohio State offense really can’t get no worse than the last time we saw it can it? :mjtf:

TUA TAGOVAILOA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
bama
Ain’t really worried about a player that ain’t even played yet.Could turn out to be Blake Barnett 2 who knows.DeBoer gonna have to recruit his own players.A lot of these kids came to play for the GOAT not the Crimson Tide.
Say it louder for the idiots in the back.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Ohio State offense really can’t get no worse than the last time we saw it can it? :mjtf:

Idk. We thought y'all defense couldn't get no worse after Grinch left but surprise, surprise, y'all raised the bar. And didn't even have the excuse of being down to 3rd string at an important position, missing 2-3 starters on off, etc.