The Official 2024 College Football Random Thoughts Thread

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I want to see how the Williams recruitment goes for Boer this will be his 1st real test on the trail at Alabama

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sayin is small and not that athletic but he does have elite arm talent. We’re more than good at QB though. I’m not worried about our offense, at all.
vB1ac9v.jpg

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
From what I gather, BH isn't quite ready yet. He said he was still grasping things that go behind the QB and WR as it pertains to playcalling and to me, that means he's clearly not ready to hold it down on his own yet. Even if he left, he would probably play himself & whoever hired him as the sole, main OC. I'm thinking this prob a short term move cuz BOB never really stay anywhere too long. Maybe he continues to help Hartline along so he can then takeover.

Whatever the case, if he's good enough for arguably the best college & NFL coach to keep bouncing ideas off of (chips won or not) then I'm sure he'll provide some valuable insight for Day in some capacity. And like you said, he may just be coming in and providing work around the "edges" and not doing a total revamp to try and run his own stuff.

Obv we won't know more til we see it in action on the field but regardless, it's all gonna be on Day. He the one who gotta live or die with the decision. Have a hard time believing he would just scrap his own entire playbook tho as he's spent mad time tinkering with it + it's been shown to work in most capacities and I've seen him call sum masterful games shortcomings be damned.

I find that wild that BH feels unprepared for oc, because it’s like what have you been doing, (i say this understanding that being an oc is hard af because you can have all the great plays drawn up, but it his a feel thing just as much as skill and experience thing) maybe he needs more time to better understand the position, but shyt all them analysts and what not, and you not picking their brain and getting better. Tf he doing just waxing the Ferraris and keeping the dust off (coaching the position)

I feel like Bob knows how to be an adult, so I’m sure he will be fine, and yes it’s on Day, he has to make this work or man it’s gon be big…. Trouble