The Official 2024 College Football Random Thoughts Thread

Bigwhite2498

All Star
Daps
How was no. 2 idiotic? Thats what Bama was dominating with.

They didn’t really switch up until Lane came in years later

Unless you mean cause it was the style of play in the Big 12 then yeah I’d agree
Because that’s not what any Texas high schools was running plus Texas was putting out WRs and qbs like crazy

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Have a team full of players recruited to run the spread and switch to an offense they are ill suited for, what could go wrong. :skip:

Nothing was wrong with our system. We "should" have went to the title game in back to back years. And fully healthy I think we could have won both.
Breh if yall were winning with the spread then he wouldn’t have changed it…

Silkk

Daps
Because that’s not what any Texas high schools was running plus Texas was putting out WRs and qbs like crazy
This ain’t high school. Texas fans wanted Alabama results. Alabama was not a spread offense then.

Revisionist history is a mf

Bigwhite2498

All Star
Daps
Have a team full of players recruited to run the spread and switch to an offense they are ill suited for, what could go wrong. :skip:

Nothing was wrong with our system. We "should" have went to the title game in back to back years. And fully healthy I think we could have won both.
I agree bro he panicked. which is crazy because the RB room at the time had no talent to even do that

Silkk

Daps
Exactly bro he was incredibly flawed literally let AP go to a rival school for no reason missed out on Andrew luck and RG3 who he didn’t even offer he got lucky with colt there’s no way Texas should ever go without a competent qb
He went to OU because Mack wouldn’t guarantee him playing time over 4th year All American RB Cedric Bensom :what:

Bigwhite2498

All Star
Daps
This ain’t high school. Texas fans wanted Alabama results. Alabama was not a spread offense then.

Revisionist history is a mf
Where do you get players from breh…. Cause he wasn’t recruiting outside of Texas like that

Bigwhite2498

All Star
Daps
He went to OU because Mack wouldn’t guarantee him playing time over 4th year All American RB Cedric Bensom :what:
No all AP wanted was a shot and Mack said no mf just had to lie especially if his second school is your biggest rival you think saban would’ve let a talent like that go to Georgia or auburn over a white lie could’ve even got him on the field a couple games

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Breh if yall were winning with the spread then he wouldn’t have changed it…
What do you mean if we were winning? Do you only measure winning by winning a championship? We were in contention in both 08 and 09. The fukk you mean? And Bama wasn't even dominating at that time and once they got rolling half their championships came with running a spread offense. So yeah revisionist history is a mf.

Silkk

Daps
What do you mean if we were winning? Do you only measure winning by winning a championship? We were in contention in both 08 and 09. The fukk you mean? And Bama wasn't even dominating at that time and once they got rolling half their championships came with running a spread offense. So yeah revisionist history is a mf.
You nikkas went 5-7 but you know what yall were technically winning. ….

You right :krs:

Silkk

Daps
They were still winning with the Spread though brehs :ohhh: