The Official 2024 College Football Random Thoughts Thread

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Let’s be all the way real. These coaches never cared about growing these kids as men. Especially now. At least now we aren’t pretending that a 5 star starter getting a DUI is the same as anyone else on campus.
Yea I feel u fr

But the GOAT coaches don’t really rock for shyt like this, stories bout Coach K, Saban, Harbaugh etc. u can tell those men truly love their players

I just don’t want to see these kids fly to close to the sun before they life even start, CFB is only 3-6 years of they life

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
Depends on how good of a player you were. He’d fight for you if you were a good player

He went on a rant about giving Mushin Muhammad a second chance when he was at Michigan State, he was about to fight Finebaum over Cam Robinson when he got arrested, and he went off on Maria Taylor in defense of Jalen when Tua clearly was the guy (which he did apologize for).

Saban the type where if you good and not a locker room cancer he’ll fight for you but if you on some other shyt he’ll kindly tell you to find another place to play.

jmegamar

On the Come up Member
Daps
Yea I feel u fr

But the GOAT coaches don’t really rock for shyt like this, stories bout Coach K, Saban, Harbaugh etc. u can tell those men truly love their players

I just don’t want to see these kids fly to close to the sun before they life even start, CFB is only 3-6 years of they life
I agree with you on that last statement. Unfortunately more stories like this will come out over time. I just want it where someone is looking out for these kids best interest long term. Most of them ain’t going pro so they need to know eventually you are no longer the hot shyt on campus and have a plan for that.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
He went on a rant about giving Mushin Muhammad a second chance when he was at Michigan State, he was about to fight Finebaum over Cam Robinson when he got arrested, and he went off on Maria Taylor in defense of Jalen when Tua clearly was the guy (which he did apologize for).

Saban the type where if you good and not a locker room cancer he’ll fight for you but if you on some other shyt he’ll kindly tell you to find another place to play.

Put Saban in the retirement home

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
This your work or something? :dahell:

Nah, but lsu need to make that the unofficial logo

The days of an ad running a program may be over, essentially you will have to have a gm to manage recruits and current players and your salary of all that

Let’s be all the way real. These coaches never cared about growing these kids as men. Especially now. At least now we aren’t pretending that a 5 star starter getting a DUI is the same as anyone else on campus.

That’s not true, it’s hundreds of stories of coaches going above and beyond for these kids, regardless of the coaches level of giving af, these kids 18 and they know better, these programs have guys that investigate, they have a rules and regulations symposium, and then rules for the program itself, the kids gotta do better

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Schools can now directly pay players, NIL aside.

That shyt gonna have to be regulated
It could only be regulated so much because money(NIL) doesn't just come from the schools. You have collectives and also corporate sponsorship. That can't be regulated and even if the NCAA tried they'd be sued and lose. So maybe you can cap how much the schools can pay but they can't cap shyt else. So that really doesn't change much.