The Official 2024 College Football Random Thoughts Thread

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
You think he worse than Hoke?
I think if it wasn't for White and Slaton.. he wouldn't even be known like Hoke is. Hoke wasn't terrible. He just didn't know how to command excellence from his staff.. and it trickled down to the players. So they'd just go through the motions. He refused to get his staff to adapt.. and it bit him in the ass.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
Top 10 Worst Head Coaches Ever in yall opinion? (I’ll do the tags later)

In no order yet:

Al Golden
Brady Hoke
Clay Helton
Randy Shannon
Derek Dooley
Weis

Need to come back to this :patrice:

Weis #1 dude was ass at multiple stops

Hoke actually won in San Diego and was a decent recruiter job was too big for him, and he needed better staff, but it’s a lot of coaches who if they had better staff would be better

Randy probably wasn’t too good but the admin ain’t help, probably just a good recruiter and culture guy

Clay did decent, you got personal beef so i get it

Derek was in the impossible position of resurrecting a bad Tenn

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
I think if it wasn't for White and Slaton.. he wouldn't even be known like Hoke is. Hoke wasn't terrible. He just didn't know how to command excellence from his staff.. and it trickled down to the players. So they'd just go through the motions. He refused to get his staff to adapt.. and it bit him in the ass.

I’m seriously believing that he’s one of those guys that’s good because a special set of players not his skill, he had a minor run in zona but collapsed after that

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Weis #1 dude was ass at multiple stops

Hoke actually won in San Diego and was a decent recruiter job was too big for him, and he needed better staff, but it’s a lot of coaches who if they had better staff would be better

Randy probably wasn’t too good but the admin ain’t help, probably just a good recruiter and culture guy

Clay did decent, you got personal beef so i get it

Derek was in the impossible position of resurrecting a bad Tenn
He had two good years literally only because of Sam :what:

And Huepel was in the same position as Dooley, Probably worse actually

Drake's Tan

All Star
Daps
Nah we can’t do that lol

Rich Rod was Oregon before Oregon was Oregon. Also had a good record at Arizona and is doing well JXST now
I agree.

Maybe if you add an * of (at Michigan) it would fit.

TBH I wonder if he was building something on the offensive side of the ball.

Brady Hoke won the orange bowl in his first season (and like 11 games) with what Rich Rod left behind. Is it because Brady Hoke is a coaching GOAT?

:mjlol:

Rich Rod was trying to build a whole new system in Ann Arbor, he failed to do it fast enough but I wonder what would've happened if they gave him one more year. Maybe more of the same. Maybe not.

I do think his biggest flaw at UM was his defensive system. If he bushed that and kept building the offense, he might've been aite.

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
I agree.

Maybe if you add an * of (at Michigan) it would fit.

TBH I wonder if he was building something on the offensive side of the ball.

Brady Hoke won the orange bowl in his first season (and like 11 games) with what Rich Rod left behind. Is it because Brady Hoke is a coaching GOAT?

:mjlol:

Rich Rod was trying to build a whole new system in Ann Arbor, he failed to do it fast enough but I wonder what would've happened if they gave him one more year. Maybe more of the same. Maybe not.

I do think his biggest flaw at UM was his defensive system. If he bushed that and kept building the offense, he might've been aite.

Idk man, it seems like his shyt ain’t really work long term no where else, perhaps another year and he turns it around, perhaps another year and he could do way worse

The defense was cool, but could have used a lot of tweeking. Yeah you can cause issues for Rutgers UConn etc but it’s a different ball game in the big. It seems like a decent idea especially as osu was expanding their offense into the spread, but it was no way we were going to year in and out find studs on the front 7 to sustain it

if he was running the new version like Knowles runs or like Patterson ran perhaps we stood a chance but it be a bit of time before those iterations took off