The Official 2024 College Football Random Thoughts Thread

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
Also will add that era of high school rb at the crib will be unmatched for a LOOOONG time, kicked off with Lamar Miller then Duke Johnson, Alex Collins (RIP), Cook/Yearby, Jordan Scarlett. (Might be missing one or two) Was aware we were watching something special at time, watched all play live.. Good times.

mozichrome

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
game came up on youtube feed. dont really remember much from it
reading on the game. it was the year Miami beat FSU but FSU went on to play Oklahoma for title
looking at FSU/UM schedules i guess the reason FSU got the BCS title game nod over UM was because they played 3 ranked teams to UM 2 after their matchup?
then the title game between FSU/OU was 13-2. like man. can you imagine a game like that now
it'd get so much crap from fans for that

Last edited:

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
I bet scum would do something like this but they have too much integrity, right @Numpsay 🤔
Their recruits/players only get this privilege after they have put in work, allegedly...

We don't talk. We just show up. :birdman:

If they had chirpin chips.. ya'll and texas woulda swapped chips for the past 10+ years. :sas1:

:deadrose:
:ufdup: Y'all gon see that Lamborghini speed on the field.

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
reading on the game. it was the year Miami beat FSU but FSU went on to play Oklahoma for title
looking at FSU/UM schedules i guess the reason FSU got the BCS title game nod over UM was because they played 3 ranked teams to UM 2 after their matchup?
then the title game between FSU/OU was 13-2. like man. can you imagine a game like that now

Breh! This is probably my favorite team right here, of course they had to get screwed by bcs for them to change the formula :aicmon:

Such a fukking talented team and fun as hell to watch, talent was already STACKED, Dan Morgan (most decorated defensive player after that season at time, he is GM now for Panthers), Santana Moss, Reggie Wayne, Shockey, DJ Williams was 5 star top player in country playing fullback, Najeh, Young Clinton goin off on the hometown team that snubbed him, Damione Lewis, Young Ed Reed, :wow:

Even coaching staff was stacked, Butch went to NFL, coker bytch ass became a champion HC by affiliation, Schiano became HC, WR GOAT coach Curtis Johnson became HC at tulane before winning super bowl with NO as WR coach (I remember being at practice and watching this dude coach, he wouldnt let the WR run a route one yard off the mark, a perfectionist, cotdam but his players love him) Chuck Pagano became a HC, Cristobal was a GA.

One of the GOAT teams of college football who wont be remembered because they werent champs but love that team for many reasons.

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando

:umad:

National champs baby.

They got ya'll soundin hella MAGA. Wanting recounts and shyt. :mjlol:

Makes sense tho. :mjpls:
Their recruits/players only get this privilege after they have put in work, allegedly...

:ufdup: Y'all gon see that Lamborghini speed on the field.
So, ya'll gettin in bed with them Buckeyes, huh? Let me know how that works out for you. :sas1:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps

Wish I could find a clip but they broke it down well in The U Part 2

Shame we don't have more ESPN 30 for 30 Docs, We damn sure need one on the BCS

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
Went and found a covid video of former players coached by Curtis Johnson giving him his flowers HEAVY, with his ties to New Orleans as he was our plug there at the time of course you got Ed Reed, Reggie Wayne, but also Marshall Faulk who he recruited also to san diego st. because Dennis Erickson told him he would never play RB at miami :snoop: Santana, Andre Johnson also there to pay homage and more.

Even got Some buckeye Tedd Ginn on there. Marques Colston from saints days, etc. Forgive these old heads production quality..

some shorter clips from long video

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola

Waking up on the lords day to speak Ill of the gods, relax before i tell the Mrs about that mulch sale Lowe’s having

Breh! This is probably my favorite team right here, of course they had to get screwed by bcs for them to change the formula :aicmon:

Such a fukking talented team and fun as hell to watch, talent was already STACKED, Dan Morgan (most decorated defensive player after that season at time, he is GM now for Panthers), Santana Moss, Reggie Wayne, Shockey, DJ Williams was 5 star top player in country playing fullback, Najeh, Young Clinton goin off on the hometown team that snubbed him, Damione Lewis, Young Ed Reed, :wow:

Even coaching staff was stacked, Butch went to NFL, coker bytch ass became a champion HC by affiliation, Schiano became HC, WR GOAT coach Curtis Johnson became HC at tulane before winning super bowl with NO as WR coach (I remember being at practice and watching this dude coach, he wouldnt let the WR run a route one yard off the mark, a perfectionist, cotdam but his players love him) Chuck Pagano became a HC, Cristobal was a GA.

One of the GOAT teams of college football who wont be remembered because they werent champs but love that team for many reasons.

99-02 y’all was a monster and honestly should be studied, yall admin missed an opportunity to be what Bama was

:umad:

National champs baby.

They got ya'll soundin hella MAGA. Wanting recounts and shyt. :mjlol:

Makes sense tho. :mjpls:

So, ya'll gettin in bed with them Buckeyes, huh? Let me know how that works out for you. :sas1:

Probably got bed bugs fukkin with them bed bucks

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
99-02 y’all was a monster and honestly should be studied, yall admin missed an opportunity to be what Bama was
Yea that era will be forgotten by many because they got snubbed by BCS formula with '00 team and '02 team didnt seal the deal with championship..

Not sure if it can be studied tho, we were coming off probation and Butch Davis has one of the best eyes for talent ever in this game, the game has changed soo much, these coaches see these kids wayyyy more nowadays and recruiting rankings seem to have gotten better also. South florida talent aint going hidden like that anymore, like a 6'2 Sean Taylor who is a record breaking state RB but also plays safety would be an easy 5 star now, Santana Moss wouldnt be a walk on (they closed that loop hole looooong ago) :lolbron:Ed Reed wouldnt be a two star in LA and him and Reggie probably wouldnt make it out of SEC country, dont forget this was BEFORE E$PN invested millions in propaganda of "SEC football".

Also when the game changed to an Arm$ race game, the miami admin didnt realize they had to invest in program to keep up, There were some who spoke on it back then but they were shouted down because some were entitled to south florida talent. Dwayne Bowe goin to LSU was probably one of the first cracks at the time..