The Official 2024 College Football Random Thoughts Thread

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

College programs around the country could be looking for other forms of revenue. As a result, the NCAA’s playing rules oversight committee will discuss a potential rule change that would allow schools to place a corporate logo at midfield.

If that happens, that could open the door for teams to add jersey patches. That would certainly help generate more money.

SEC commissioner Greg Sankey doesn't see jersey patches as a problem.

If that happens, that could open the door for teams to add jersey patches. That would certainly help generate more money.

SEC commissioner Greg Sankey doesn't see jersey patches as a problem. After all, teams wear them during the bowl season.

"We’ve had jersey patches in bowl games," Sankey said, via On3. "I would anticipate there’s going to be a continuing push [for new revenue streams]. And we’re going to have to come to some agreement in this new environment on where those limits exist."

Florida athletic director Scott Stricklin made similar comments about jersey patches.

"That’s an obvious revenue stream that has not been there in the past. Pro sports are putting patches on jerseys. That doesn’t seem like something that is crazy for us to consider these days."

vino

Superstar
Daps

College programs around the country could be looking for other forms of revenue. As a result, the NCAA’s playing rules oversight committee will discuss a potential rule change that would allow schools to place a corporate logo at midfield.

SEC commissioner Greg Sankey doesn't see jersey patches as a problem.

SEC commissioner Greg Sankey doesn't see jersey patches as a problem. After all, teams wear them during the bowl season.

"We’ve had jersey patches in bowl games," Sankey said, via On3. "I would anticipate there’s going to be a continuing push [for new revenue streams]. And we’re going to have to come to some agreement in this new environment on where those limits exist."

Florida athletic director Scott Stricklin made similar comments about jersey patches.

"That’s an obvious revenue stream that has not been there in the past. Pro sports are putting patches on jerseys. That doesn’t seem like something that is crazy for us to consider these days."

Ohio State jersey with the Forman Mills and Dollar General patches…:ohlawd:

Michigan State with the Burlington Coat factory and Rainbow Shop patch

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
LSU isn’t a rival of ours anymore, so I have no dog in this, but I feel like that should be something almost anyone can have there. The place recruits itself
Thats not how rivalries work

It does suck that game won’t be annual though. Much better rivalry than LSU-Florida.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
Kelly is a very good coach imo but him being an outsider might tighten his leash in BR if he has a bad season (although so was Les and he hung around for a bit).

He also has that prickly New England Cac personality that can be grating when things don't go well. I think he'll be fine but things could go sideways fast if things start getting rocky.

They brought him in to country club up the place, but them boys still want results, so it’s only so long he can be a fukkin drain around there and not win

this came up on my feed i guess because ive been looking at Ncaaa 25 stuff so much
is Braxton Miller hitting the bottle or something. he's making no sense
breh really upset over the UM player stiff arming the OSU player in that trailer
also ILL holding up the rivalry trophy
EA disrespected OSU

nikka too grown to be in his feels, i mean was this to get some clout or something, do he have something dropping ?

Man, 2 out of 3 of Michigans toughest games are at home. That week 2 match up being at home is a blessing. They may take the W in that match up

Hope so, especially with osu let’s make it 4-4

Last edited:

ReturnOfJudah

Veteran
Daps
I was wondering if you were talkin bout us.. cause that "once in a lifetime franchise saving" part was wild if so.

We're literally coming off a National Championship win. With back to back to back playoff appearances. What needs saving? :gucci:

Ya'll coming off of 5, 7, 4 and 3 loss seasons.

You don't think Kelly would trade all the Heisman's in the world for a chip? Come to think of it.. prolly not.

So congrats on puttin up them numbers, and not being able to stop anyone. :yeshrug:

And like @papa pimp said.. you'd better hope Underwood breaks that Belleville curse. That shyt is real. :heh:

Yeah but you know how your fam base is, unreasonable at times
i don't see any lsu fans talk down on kelly. Only Big 10 and ND fans

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Thats not how rivalries work

It does suck that game won’t be annual though. Much better rivalry than LSU-Florida.
Eh, you got some that are on the field rivalries and you got some that’s off the field. LSU-Aub produced classics but I don’t think there’s real animosity once the game ends. I don’t think the fukkery we have itt is a good representative of how blase that one is IRL

And yeah LSU-Florida stinks, but I tell some dudes that and…

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
If one of the big boys wanted to outbid LSU for Underwood they could. If the kid sticks, it's because that's where he wants to be.