The Official 2024 College Football Random Thoughts Thread

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
Why would I @ you when I know you gon read it, that was a crazy thing to say you didn’t even fact check before you hit reply :dead:

But Burrow did

Yeah cuz, that’s your mo

But i literally expounded you just make sure you rest between goal post moves

Them Arizona St years were mid and can't be discounted.

Not saying he a bum but in the context of that video it makes no sense to leave that out or who he was throwing to.

Having two really good wrs helps… for stats, kids good, but this shyt a dice roll, but op the same person who tells us dj Chark has next, we still waiting for that next, and said les miles was better than saban in some aspects i forget the particular but I’m like les was ass before and after lsu he benefited from saban and the machine he built

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Yeah cuz, that’s your mo

But i literally expounded you just make sure you rest between goal post moves

Having two really good wrs helps… for stats, kids good, but this shyt a dice roll, but op the same person who tells us dj Chark has next, we still waiting for that next, and said les miles was better than saban in some aspects i forget the particular but I’m like les was ass before and after lsu he benefited from saban and the machine he built
DJ Chark was a 1k yard receiver with Gardner Minshew as his QB before shattering his knees

I can tell a nerve was struck :dead:

I didn't "shyt" on Jayden. The clip left out tons of context.
Like what? The whole “he had 2 1st round WR “ is tired and lazy. Cj Stroud and Joe Burrow been out that shyt to rest

mozichrome

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i saw his Mt. Rushmore list and was like Dabo huh. i know this is his personal list but i had to see why he listed Dabo over all the other names

Dabo Swinney: This one is out there. I know it is. And I had a hard time adding him to this list because his inability to adapt in the portal era is leading to a Clemson slide. But how many other coaches in the modern era of college football have taken a solid program and turned it into an absolute juggernaut? Has anyone even come close to doing what he did? Every single coaching hire that’s made in the sport now is done so with the hopes that coach can duplicate what Swinney did with Clemson. There are other coaches out there with more national titles and more wins, sure, but the baseline fact that he accomplished something that nobody else has done recently still blows me away. I’m very opinionated about some of the things he says and how he approaches his job in 2024, but nobody can ever take away what he built at Clemson. I admire him greatly for that.

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
i saw his Mt. Rushmore list and was like Dabo huh. i know this is his personal list but i had to see why he listed Dabo over all the other names

To be your mount rushmore EVER, that is a lil bit nutty. But yeah, he did basically stalemate Alabama during what was probably their most dominance over the SEC (because the SEC fukking sucked in the mid 2010s) and couldn't really keep the talent or coaching up to keep up with LSU and OSU them two last playoff games. I think it's always gotta be noted that the ACC was like a 3 horse or less conference during that period, but they did what FSU was never close to doing in the 10s :yeshrug:
I respect that bro is probably putting the coaches that he was actually aware of. Dabo would definitely be on mine if I was abiding by that logic.

Rigby.

Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
I wonder if anyone would call that Trevor Lawrence era a bit of a disappointment. It's marred by the expectations that he himself had set after 2018, but I just wonder. Three great wins post 2018, and the Ohio State W always has to be looked a bit funny IMO (not because of anything he did). Two very uncompetitive playoff finishes and I'd contend he looked like the worse QB in all of his last 3 playoff games (Fields, Burrow, Fields)

Btw I still think Clemson was one of the 3 best teams from 18-20. The last year, there might've been a couple cracks showing, but I still put mad respect on them. Just crazy that they really weren't close to a second natty after the first quarter (or was it the whole half?) of that LSU game.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Nah

Ari can fuc off wit dat Dabo/Mt Rushmore shyt. He right on the outside looking in when they finally decide to start carving a few Xtra heads on the stone.

Rigby.

Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Nah

Ari can fuc off wit dat Dabo/Mt Rushmore shyt. He right on the outside looking in when they finally decide to start carving a few Xtra heads on the stone.
Idk who to put over him tbh :patrice: Again, I'm just thinking in my lifetime, which is pretty much post 2000s, but I wouldn't put Urban up over Dabo. Urban got punked by Saban, operated in what was a weaker SEC than what it ended up becoming after his time was done, was born on 3rd in terms of the programs he took over, and Clemson has gone to two more natties than Urban did (with one less title won).

The 2000s SEC and 2010s B10 were still wayyy deeper than the ACC, so maybe that's something that sways it back in Urban's favor, I dunno. Maybe the Utah success + the natties at the super programs are what does it for you. I think you can make the argument either way. If he could put up one more natty run though, I don't think it'd even be in question tbh

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin

It’s basically his list, but dabo stole two off saban, during his run, now if we being honest dabo star is starting to dim without two generational qbs but, can’t take nothing away from him

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
@DropTopDoc Top 3 QB prospects in draft by ya own judgment is who?

I mean if I’m being honest
I think Drake will adjust quicker because he used to doing more with less
But cw floor is higher

So
Cw
DM
JD
Dark horse JJ

But in the same breath dog these boys all got flaws i mean flaws